Ubuntu Accelerated Build on Arndale board
Update in progress, please check again later.
For getting accelerated video playback, following components need to be installed.
- MALI libraries
- SECOMX (Samsung OMX plugins) libraries
- Gstreamer components
The binary package can be downloaded from here. <LINK>
Preparing micro-SDHC card with ALIP image
Following binaries were used for setting up an ALIP image on micro-SDHC card.
You would need to install linaro-image-tools to flash these binaries. The following commands will add the Linaro tools ppa to your system and install linaro-media-create:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:linaro-maintainers/tools
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install linaro-image-tools
Flashing micro-SDHC card
Connect the micro-SDHC card to the host PC using a card adapter. Flash the micro-SDHC card using following command.
$ sudo linaro-media-create --dev arndale --mmc /dev/sdc --hwpack <hwpack> --binary <fs-image>
(Assuming the micro-SDHC card is detected as /dev/sdc)
Installing H/W acceleration components on board
MALI components are distributed only in binary.
- . Copy libmali.so to /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf
- . Prepare symlinks libEGL.so.1, libGLESv1_CM.so, libGLESv2.so, libGLESv2.so.2 by linking them to libmali.so
The armsoc driver can be either built and installed from source <link>. Alternately, it is provided in binary form also.
- . Copy armsoc_drv.so and armsoc_drv.la to /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/
- . Update /etc/X11/xorg.conf to use armsoc driver.
Identifier "Configured Video Device"
SECOMX components are distributed only in binary.
- . Copy all the libraries to /usr/local/lib
- . Copy secomxregistry to /etc/secomx (create /etc/secomx if it is not there)
The compatible versions for GStreamer packages are hosted on git.linaro.org.
- . Clone the source packages from these locations.
git://git.linaro.org/landing-teams/working/samsung/gst/gstreamer.git git://git.linaro.org/landing-teams/working/samsung/gst/gst-plugins-base.git git://git.linaro.org/landing-teams/working/samsung/gst/gst-plugins-good.git git://git.linaro.org/landing-teams/working/samsung/gst/gst-plugins-bad.git git://git.linaro.org/landing-teams/working/samsung/gst/gst-plugins-ugly.git git://git.linaro.org/landing-teams/working/samsung/gst/gst-omx.git
- . Configure, make and install the above source trees in the above order.
$ ./autogen.sh --disable-gtk-doc && make -j2 && sudo make install
- . Copy gst-omx config file.
* sudo cp gst-omx/config/secomx/gstomx.conf /etx/xdg
Boot the board. Download and untar the package and run install.sh. This would install the required dependencies, download the gstreamer sources, build and install them.
$ wget <download link>
$ tar xfz arndale_member_build_package.tar.gz
$ cd arndale_member_build_package.sh
$ bash install.sh
Testing accelerated video playback
You can test the accelerated video playback through following command.
$ gst-play <filename>
PS: As there is no audio support right now, you would only get the video output.
Boards/Arndale/Setup/UbuntuAcceleratedBuild (last modified 2013-08-05 05:11:37)