This page describes how to create a Linaro Android SD card for a Samsung Origen board.
These instructions assume you are using an Oneiric or newer host machine
There are few packages that must be installed before creating the installable image. You need to make sure they are installed:
# Add Linaro Tools PPA $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:linaro-maintainers/tools $ sudo apt-get update # Install required packages $ sudo apt-get install linaro-image-tools
Download Android Images
Follow these steps to create a bootable SD card for Samsung Origen board with Linaro images. Please note that these steps will erase contents of the SD card.
You will only need to download one set of the images below not both.
For a staging build
Get the latest here : staging origen
Click on the "Downloads" link, Accept the ELUA and download the boot, system and userdata tarballs.
For a release build
Get the latest here : leb origen
Accept the ELUA and download the boot, system and userdata tarballs.
Write the SD card
- You may now write the Linaro images to SD card using the Linaro Image Tools downloaded previously.
$ sudo linaro-android-media-create --mmc /dev/sdd --dev origen --system system.tar.bz2 --userdata userdata.tar.bz2 --boot boot.tar.bz2
- /dev/sdc - This is the raw SD device. This may vary from system to system (sdb/sdd/mmcblk0 etc.). You can discover the device by running dmesg after plugging in your SD card.
- The image creation process takes a few minutes and will ask a few questions requiring your positive confirmation.
Testing the Image
- Place SD card in Origen board's SD slot. It is on the top side of the board.
- Connect serial cable to UART port.
- Start a serial console session on your computer. The baud rate is 115200 /No Hardware Flow Control/No Software Flow Control , so an example commands would be:
# minicom -b 115200 -D /dev/ttyS0
- If you use USB-Serial, you can see message via /dev/ttyUSB0, /dev/ttyUSB1..
- Connect the power to the board
- Push the button marked "Switch" and the button marked "Power"
- LED8 and LED4 should be lit.
This should boot up the kernel and mount the filesystems you downloaded.
Panel or HDMI output
Default is panel. If you only have an HDMI screen you must add a parameter. When using a pre-built image on a card:
- Insert the SD card in your card reader.
- Edit /media/boot/boot.txt by adding s5p_tvout_fb.hdmi_lcd_display=1 to the bootargs line. Save and close.
- Run the following command to make boot.scr reflect the edited boot.txt
# mkimage -A arm -T script -C none -n "linaro boot script" -d /media/boot/boot.txt /media/boot/boot.scr
- Now unmount the card and use it to boot your origen.
When using l-a-m-c:
- Pass this extra parameter --extra-boot-args "s5p_tvout_fb.hdmi_lcd_display=1" to the l-a-m-c script.
Please report bugs here
Boards/Origen/AndroidSetup (last modified 2013-08-29 09:19:19)