Thursday 16th September 2010

Agenda

Actions from last meeting

  • sbambrough to oversee a test of hwpacks by next meeting - delegate to james_w
  • slangasek, asac, JamieBennett to sync up on image building problems before next meeting

  • JamieBennett to discuss iMX51 images with amitk before next meeing

    • emailed, no answer as yet.
  • lool to consult amitk and jcrigby to produce configs for iMX51 and OMAP3
  • JamieBennett to arrange weekly release reports with michaelh

    • Done
  • JamieBennett to chase amitk for weekly power management status reports

    • Nothing yet.

People Present

  • JamieBennett

  • asac
  • james_w
  • ubot2
  • torez
  • hrw
  • plars
  • tgall_foo
  • fgu
  • slangasek

Actions Recorded

  • amitk to consult with fsl engineer to make a linaro-media-create patch for iMX
  • JamieBennett to get PM WG status'

  • asac to rename chessy-overlay to linaro-overlay
  • asac to add default configs missing
  • JamieBennett to check with lool of the importance and status of IGEP

  • plars to look at alf's testsuite branch
  • slangasek to chase up comments on bug 618734
  • JamieBennett and slangasek to discuss SRU process for Linaro post RC

  • JamieBennett to produce a wiki page outlining the post-RC process for Linaro

Meeting Log

Started logging meeting in #linaro-meeting
[16:02:34] <JamieBennett> [LINK] https://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/WeeklyReleaseMeeting/2010-09-16
[16:02:41] <JamieBennett> [TOPIC] Action items from last week
[16:02:48] <JamieBennett> sbambrough to oversee a test of hwpacks by next meeting - delegate to james_w
[16:02:50] * asac hides 
[16:03:02] <JamieBennett> james_w: its going well, yes?
[16:03:03] <james_w> done
[16:03:07] <asac> right
[16:03:10] <james_w> yes
[16:03:10] <asac> looks quite good
[16:03:13] <JamieBennett> \o/
[16:03:20] <asac> we have linaro-media-create landing outstanding
[16:03:29] <JamieBennett> asac: today?
[16:03:33] <asac> but hwpacks are there ... more or less ready (not sure if james already created x11)
[16:03:39] <asac> JamieBennett: i hope so ;)
[16:03:44] <asac> salgado is working on it
[16:03:50] <JamieBennett> great
[16:04:02] <asac> live-helper landed so we could drop kenrel from head images once we know it works
[16:04:16] <JamieBennett> asac: when will we know?
[16:04:36] <asac> once linaro-media-create is working
[16:04:41] <JamieBennett> asac: OK
[16:04:53] <JamieBennett> slangasek, asac, JamieBennett to sync up on image building problems before next meeting
[16:05:01] <asac> thats done
[16:05:04] <asac> all iamges build now ;)
[16:05:05] <JamieBennett> http://wiki.linaro.org/Source/ImageBuilding has an overview of image building. Images are now being built for all heads.
[16:05:17] <JamieBennett> JamieBennett to discuss iMX51 images with amitk before next meeing
[16:05:18] <asac> ah ... yeah . also that!!
[16:05:26] <JamieBennett> emailed, no answer :(
[16:05:29] <asac> we have imx51 hwpacks
[16:05:40] <JamieBennett> asac: what about the kernel?
[16:05:41] <asac> but someone would need to enable sd card burning for imx51
[16:05:47] <JamieBennett> what ver is it?
[16:06:03] <asac> JamieBennett: imx51 kernel is produced from our consolidated tree ... with luck it boots to prompt
[16:06:25] <JamieBennett> asac: so the large amount of patches that we carried last cycle have been forward ported?
[16:06:39] <JamieBennett> asac: or do we just have basic upstream support?
[16:06:42] <asac> no ... the kernel we had last time was a fully functional bsp kernel
[16:06:50] <asac> now we have mainline kernel with far less features
[16:06:57] <JamieBennett> asac: right
[16:07:00] <asac> our goal is to boot to command line (if we have a goal at all)
[16:07:04] <JamieBennett> heh
[16:07:10] <asac> i cant tell how much was upstreamed in the meantime. amitk would know
[16:07:27] <JamieBennett> asac: yeah, I'll get on to him again
[16:07:32] <JamieBennett> lool to consult amitk and jcrigby to produce configs for iMX51 and OMAP3
[16:07:33] <asac> amitk said that some fsl engineer would be willing to make linaro-media-create patch
[16:07:39] <asac> ACTION
[16:07:42] <JamieBennett> asac: oh, interesting
[16:07:50] <asac> i think from power wg
[16:08:08] <JamieBennett> [ACTION] amitk to consult with fsl engineer to make a linaro-media-create patch for iMX
[16:08:16] <asac> right ... Yong Shen
[16:08:43] <JamieBennett> JamieBennett to arrange weekly release reports with michaelh
[16:08:44] <JamieBennett> done
[16:08:49] <JamieBennett> JamieBennett to chase amitk for weekly power management status reports
[16:08:53] <JamieBennett> awol amitk ;)
[16:09:09] <asac> i would love to get a good summary of powermgmt wg output
[16:09:15] <asac> a) this cycle ... b) planned for next
[16:09:29] <asac> (not really right place here i know)
[16:09:29] <JamieBennett> asac: me too :(, I'll bash amitk again
[16:09:43] <JamieBennett> [ACTION] JamieBennett to get PM WG status'
[16:09:55] <asac> cool. would be helpful to have an answer when i get asked (which i got a few times now)
[16:10:08] <JamieBennett> Lets see if our shiny new bugbot works ;)
[16:10:13] <JamieBennett> [TOPIC] Bugs summary
[16:10:14] <JamieBennett> [LINK] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+bugs?field.tag=armel
[16:10:14] <JamieBennett> Bug 600359 - ureadahead generating oom messages during boot. - escalated.
[16:10:17] <ubot2> Launchpad bug 600359 in ureadahead (Ubuntu Maverick) (and 1 other project) "ureadahead generating oom messages during boot. (affects: 10) (dups: 1) (heat: 70)" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/600359
[16:10:23] <asac> o/
[16:10:24] <JamieBennett> \o/
[16:10:33] <JamieBennett> [LINK] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+bugs?field.tag=linaro
[16:10:33] <JamieBennett> [LINK] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/linaro
[16:10:33] <JamieBennett> Bug 629049 - /etc/network/interfaces comes unconfigured, should use dhcp by default
[16:10:35] <ubot2> Launchpad bug 629049 in linaro-image-tools "/etc/network/interfaces comes unconfigured, should use dhcp by default (affects: 1) (heat: 6)" [Medium,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/629049
[16:10:48] <JamieBennett> [LINK] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-linaro
[16:10:49] <JamieBennett> Bug 627779 - corrupted text on console when deleting text - needs confirming on latest images
[16:10:51] <ubot2> Launchpad bug 627779 in linux-linaro (Ubuntu) "corrupted text on console when deleting text (affects: 2) (heat: 12)" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/627779
[16:10:52] <JamieBennett> Bug 629478 - boot partition is mounted read-only even though specify rw - needs confirming on latest images
[16:10:54] <ubot2> Launchpad bug 629478 in linux-linaro (Ubuntu) "boot partition is mounted read-only even though specify rw (affects: 1) (heat: 578)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/629478
[16:10:55] <JamieBennett> Bug 639852 - Linaro Daily build 20100915 does not boot on Beagle XM A2 boards - no u-boot or MLO pulled in.
[16:10:57] <ubot2> Launchpad bug 639852 in linux-linaro (Ubuntu) "Linaro Daily build 20100915 does not boot on Beagle XM A2 boards (affects: 1) (heat: 6)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/639852
[16:10:58] <JamieBennett> Bug 618734 - [omap/igep] No eth0 with Linaro kernel - jcrigby needs to update the kernel config
[16:11:00] <ubot2> Launchpad bug 618734 in linux-linaro (Ubuntu Maverick) (and 2 other projects) "[omap/igep] No eth0 with Linaro kernel (affects: 1) (heat: 6)" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/618734
[16:11:05] <JamieBennett> [LINK] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/linux-linaro
[16:11:05] <JamieBennett> Bug 630283 - Rev A2 Beagle XM showing only 256Meg
[16:11:06] <ubot2> Launchpad bug 630283 in linux-linaro "Rev A2 Beagle XM showing only 256Meg (affects: 2) (heat: 19)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/630283
[16:11:12] <JamieBennett> OK, where do we start ;)
[16:11:19] <JamieBennett> any comments on the existing bugs?
[16:11:28] <asac> yes, the first one ...
[16:11:35] <asac> w could put tha tin -overlay package ...
[16:11:38] <asac> or media-create
[16:11:44] <asac> not sure if anyone has opinions
[16:11:52] <JamieBennett> OOM bug?
[16:11:54] <asac> (network dhcp)
[16:11:55] <asac> sorry
[16:11:58] <JamieBennett> ah OK
[16:12:09] <JamieBennett> media-create seems a sensible option?
[16:12:25] <asac> sure. its just getting overloaded. i have another "default" config problem:
[16:12:41] <asac> gdm/kdm need autologin=true and autologin=root (or we also would have to add a default user)
[16:12:56] <JamieBennett> asac: so these are piling up atm
[16:12:58] <asac> i think about going for root because thats the least hazzle ... but definitly dirty
[16:13:07] <asac> we can make them in one batch
[16:13:35] <JamieBennett> OK so an overlay package for all these tweeks?
[16:13:53] <asac> we could use our main overlay package ... linaro-overlay ...err chessy-overlay :/
[16:13:57] <asac> someone wants to rename that ;)?
[16:14:01] <JamieBennett> heh
[16:14:13] <JamieBennett> [ACTION] asac to rename chessy-overlay to linaro-overlay
[16:14:14] <JamieBennett> ;)
[16:14:16] <asac> i think we dont need to provide clean upgrade path in our images
[16:14:17] <asac> damn
[16:14:24] <asac> ACTION: asac to add default configs missing
[16:14:32] <asac> or delegate to someone crazy enough
[16:14:45] <JamieBennett> [ACTION] asac to add default configs missing
[16:14:58] <asac> damn ... i didnt wa nt to take any actions anymore :/
[16:15:15] <asac> what is the status on igep?
[16:15:20] <JamieBennett> so for the rest of the bugs apart from the OOM bug arent too bad
[16:15:20] <asac> who is owning that?
[16:15:29] <asac> we face the problem that igep needs a multiverse package for wifi ...
[16:15:38] <JamieBennett> asac: overlay ;)
[16:15:45] <asac> its hwpack material
[16:15:53] <asac> 2 options: 1. pollute omap3 hwpack
[16:15:54] <JamieBennett> overlay hwpack ;)
[16:16:04] <asac> 2. create a omap3-nonfree hwpack
[16:16:23] <asac> which could later also get sgx
[16:16:36] <asac> or -restricted
[16:16:50] <JamieBennett> So I've had very little call for igep atm. lool seems to know more about how important it is.
[16:16:56] <asac> also noone was able to confirm that we dont need a special kernel/u-boot
[16:17:00] <asac> but i assume thats not the case?
[16:17:13] <asac> right. somehow support is there in media-create
[16:17:28] <JamieBennett> asac: I can't comment as I'm not on top of igep atm
[16:17:30] <asac> i think we can live without wifi if our normal omap3 works
[16:17:51] <asac> torez: comment? does headless currently work with igep?
[16:17:52] <JamieBennett> [ACTION] JamieBennett to check with lool of the importance and status of IGEP
[16:17:58] <asac> ok
[16:18:11] <asac> beagle XM A2 is not fixed?
[16:18:13] <asac> thought it was fixed now
[16:18:18] <asac> tgall_foo: ?
[16:18:21] <asac> salgado?
[16:18:26] <asac> (not here;)
[16:18:52] <JamieBennett> I asked torez to give comment on the bugs above as testing has been done on todays images
[16:19:02] <asac> also i thought bug 629478 was fixed too
[16:19:03] <ubot2> Launchpad bug 629478 in linux-linaro (Ubuntu) "boot partition is mounted read-only even though specify rw (affects: 1) (heat: 578)" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/629478
[16:19:08] <torez> asac, testing that now...especially with all the new changes to media create
[16:19:14] <asac> ok
[16:19:15] <asac> thanks
[16:19:16] <JamieBennett> torez: thanks
[16:19:22] <asac> lets move on then ... i hope both are gone
[16:19:24] <torez> asac, JamieBennett , np
[16:19:31] <JamieBennett> OK, so in general, the bug situation isn't too bad :)
[16:19:38] <JamieBennett> [TOPIC] Progress Information
[16:19:47] <JamieBennett> [PROGRESS REPORT] Overall
[16:19:47] <JamieBennett> [LINK] http://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/LinaroStatus
[16:19:47] <JamieBennett> [LINK] http://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/FoundationsStatus
[16:19:48] <JamieBennett> [LINK] http://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/InfrastructureStatus
[16:19:48] <JamieBennett> [LINK] http://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/UserPlatformsStatus
[16:20:04] <JamieBennett> User Platforms looking good ;) All teams seem on top of things
[16:20:11] <torez> asac, curious why no upgrade policy...but we can talk off line if you want
[16:20:33] <JamieBennett> asac: quick comment or move on?
[16:20:41] <asac> JamieBennett: what will we track for the time after ubuntu release?
[16:20:48] <asac> will we create a mini "post release tracker"?
[16:21:07] <asac> yes
[16:21:09] <asac> my turn?
[16:21:23] <asac> good news: all images built ... all images synched:
[16:21:28] <JamieBennett> asac: I can set that up but hopefully its not too may changes at that time
[16:21:28] <asac> http://snapshots.linaro.org/10.11-daily/
[16:21:33] <asac> http://snapshots.linaro.org/10.11-daily/linaro-alip/
[16:21:39] <asac> http://snapshots.linaro.org/10.11-daily/linaro-handset-plasma/
[16:21:43] <asac> http://snapshots.linaro.org/10.11-daily/linaro-netbook-efl/
[16:21:55] <asac> alip should be ready for testing besides the default-settings package
[16:22:16] <asac> the other twos are getting a respin now, because the previous branch setup created a filesystem.dir directory inside binary (but is fixe in config now)
[16:22:32] <asac> currently those have the omap bits in there, but that shouldnt stop us from using hwpack with them
[16:22:36] <JamieBennett> alip was reported to be 1.4GB installed, is that the case?
[16:22:38] <hrw> JamieBennett: nice piecharts
[16:23:12] <asac> JamieBennett: 450M tarball (with kernel + modules + uboot + xloader)
[16:23:19] <asac> JamieBennett: could be stripped down i guess further
[16:23:30] <asac> but want to let ppearse or someone make the call
[16:23:44] <JamieBennett> asac: seems rather a large install for what the purpose of the image is, we can revisit next cycle
[16:23:59] <asac> sure.
[16:24:18] <asac> sure. size tuning was not done properly
[16:24:24] <JamieBennett> asac: agreed
[16:24:30] <asac> a bunch of apps could probably be dropped though. but we have firefox, thunderbird and some other browser on it
[16:24:43] <asac> but lets look
[16:24:54] <JamieBennett> OK
[16:25:01] <JamieBennett> [TOPIC] Team reports
[16:25:07] <JamieBennett> [PROGRESS REPORT] Infrastructure
[16:25:14] <asac> thought it was my team report ;)
[16:25:19] <asac> continue
[16:25:29] <JamieBennett> asac: OK
[16:25:45] <asac> no ... i meant: continue with infrastructure etc.
[16:25:48] <james_w> 1
[16:25:48] <james_w> 2
[16:25:48] <james_w> 3
[16:25:48] <james_w> 4
[16:25:50] <JamieBennett> lol
[16:25:50] <james_w> 5
[16:25:50] <james_w> 6
[16:25:52] <james_w> 7
[16:25:53] <james_w> 8
[16:25:55] <james_w> 9
[16:25:59] <james_w> 10
[16:26:01] <james_w> 11
[16:26:03] <james_w> * LEP/DerivativeDistributions: (Launchpad implmenting). User testing complete, UI reworked based on feedback. They are thankful for our contributions to that process (ppearse, Loïc, possibly others). Backend work on making creation of series easier almost complete. UI work started. Still a fair amount of implementation to do before we have all the features in the LEP.
[16:26:04] <asac> hmm
[16:26:08] <asac> ah ;)
[16:26:08] <james_w> 
[16:26:10] <james_w> * arm-m-private-archive-hosting-infrastructure: Not much progress. Hardware packs and other work taking precedence. Ian restarting naming/branding discussion.
[16:26:14] <james_w> * arm-m-derived-archive-rebuild: On hold while more important work completed.
[16:26:18] <james_w> * arm-m-image-building-tool: Blueprint complete.
[16:26:21] <james_w> * arm-m-image-building-console: Improved communication with OEM leading to direction agreed for various lexbuilder changes. Some of those changes have now landed, others are in review or in progress. On target to open-source in November.
[16:26:26] <james_w> * arm-m-automated-testing-framework: LTP test definition added. gmpbench and openposix in progress, ETA next week. Feedback wanted on other candidates
[16:26:31] <james_w> * arm-m-validation-dashboard: Getting close to basic end-to-end demo being ready, hopefully this week. Co-ordinating with IS on deploying an instance for Linaro's use. At that point we can start collecting data from abrek and iterate on improving the UI.
[16:26:36] <james_w> * hardware-packs: hwpack-inst
[16:26:38] <james_w> whoops
[16:26:40] <james_w> http://paste.ubuntu.com/494828/
[16:26:42] <james_w> * hardware-packs: hwpack-install done, integration with linaro-media-create in progress. hwpack-create basically done, with Hudson-based daily builds until lexbuilder integration is ready.
[16:26:45] <james_w> * x-project-blueprint-references: Spec complete.
[16:26:47] <james_w> * UDS summit schedule: Some confusion on whether we know what changes we want to make.
[16:26:54] <james_w> * Other: Planning for new Infrastructure process ongoing. Stakeholders should expect invitation to join the process tomorrow. We need proposals
[16:27:34] <asac> great. i really love you guys for the hwpack work :)
[16:27:42] <JamieBennett> yeah, great work!
[16:28:22] <asac> kind of remarkable how you managed to implement this "vague" concept ;)
[16:28:43] <JamieBennett> anything else for infrastructure?
[16:29:08] <asac> dashboard
[16:29:22] <asac> i know that alf integrated a bunh of benchmarks ... and i wondered if there is anything planned
[16:29:29] <asac> to deliver this test suite
[16:29:37] <asac> actually its not dashboard, but automated-testing-framework
[16:29:44] <JamieBennett> james_w: ^
[16:30:01] <james_w> which testsuite?
[16:30:14] <asac> iirc alf submitted a branch that has the test definition for lots of stuff we integrated this cycle
[16:30:25] <james_w> ah
[16:30:41] <asac> james_w: i dont know for sure, but i assuemd there was a central test definition branch or something
[16:30:49] <plars> asac: I mentioned those to him a while back
[16:30:59] <asac> wondered how that branch will be consumable ... or how we can make that consumable
[16:30:59] <james_w> https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~afrantzis/abrek/alf-testdefs
[16:30:59] <plars> asac, alf__ do you feel those are ready to go in?
[16:31:16] <asac> plars: my understanding was that we thought they were ok
[16:31:21] * james_w feels an ACTION coming on
[16:31:22] <asac> plars: can you check if they look complete?
[16:31:25] <plars> asac: ok, I'll take a look at them today
[16:31:38] <JamieBennett> [ACTION] plars to look at alf's testsuite branch
[16:31:39] <asac> great
[16:31:48] <asac> so still .. how will those be consumable?
[16:32:01] <asac> anything special or just a test framework in archive/ppa and then users can run those easily?
[16:32:16] <james_w> they just install abrek and they can run them
[16:32:21] <plars> asac: once I get them merged with abrek, it will just be like any other test that users can run with it
[16:32:27] <asac> cool
[16:32:30] <asac> sounds good
[16:32:34] <plars> abrek install foo; abrek run foo
[16:32:37] <james_w> we are fairly close for them being able to upload the results to the dashboard for comparison etc.
[16:32:46] <asac> can those packages come from ppas?
[16:32:49] <asac> iirc that was a feature
[16:32:59] <asac> anyway ... lets move on ;)
[16:33:03] <JamieBennett> OK
[16:33:04] <asac> definitly not in scope
[16:33:08] <JamieBennett> [PROGRESS REPORT] User Platforms
[16:33:26] <asac> https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/UserPlatforms/WeeklyStatus/2010-09-15
[16:33:31] <JamieBennett> (we know the image story ;) )
[16:33:52] <asac> ACTION: tgall_foo to drop beta chart from weeklystatus ;)
[16:34:05] <JamieBennett> heh
[16:34:22] <tgall_foo> asac, roger!
[16:34:44] <JamieBennett> asac: what is the ST-E status?
[16:34:46] <asac> yes, images are there ... besides that we are making progress still on the clutk/mutter unity stack. complete arrival will surely not be before release in a special ppa (discussed with canonical team)
[16:35:24] <asac> JamieBennett: st-e status: again: we have an image now. getting linaro-media-create support tested and finalized is blocked on flash-kit for updating u-boot
[16:35:32] <asac> fgu is working on that ... but seems we are really close
[16:35:49] <asac> and we have a (probably bit rotten) patch for linaro-media-create
[16:36:08] <asac> once i get the flash-kit i will try all pieces and make it so that the board hopefully works oob ...
[16:36:17] <fgu> (asac: test on-going today...delivery hopefully tomorrow.)
[16:36:20] <JamieBennett> asac: great
[16:36:32] <asac> liquid spec has a few items
[16:36:41] <asac> trying to hunt down rbelem atm to find out whats status on those
[16:37:01] <asac> test-and-ui-heads is basically done with the arrival of our UI heads
[16:37:18] <asac> however, we would like to add es2gears to the x11-base seed ... so its everywhere similar to glxgears
[16:37:25] <asac> bug will follow
[16:37:32] <JamieBennett> asac: OK
[16:37:57] <asac> i think no news on the others. except that tgall finished a n900 wiki page with good resources
[16:38:09] <asac> https://wiki.linaro.org/Ofono/n900
[16:38:10] <slangasek> JamieBennett: here now; tsc ran a bit long. sorry, I don't have a weekly report together, but I can give you the highlights and answer any questions
[16:38:20] <JamieBennett> slangasek: on second
[16:38:22] <asac> [LINK] https://wiki.linaro.org/Ofono/n900
[16:38:24] <slangasek> ok
[16:38:24] <asac> oh
[16:38:36] <asac> anyway, thats it. we are kind of utilizing full cycle
[16:38:46] <JamieBennett> asac: OK, so things look in good shape for User Platforms, thanks
[16:39:02] <JamieBennett> [PROGRESS REPORT] Foundations
[16:39:03] <asac> yeah
[16:39:05] <asac> thanks!
[16:39:09] <JamieBennett> slangasek: :)
[16:39:12] <slangasek> hi there!
[16:39:35] <JamieBennett> slangasek: just a summary is fine
[16:39:50] <slangasek> highlights this week: kernel freeze is in place today, jcrigby is expected one-last-upload of our kernel today to incorporate the last round of Ubuntu changes
[16:40:28] <JamieBennett> slangasek: will that incorporate bug 618734 ?
[16:40:29] <ubot2> Launchpad bug 618734 in linux-linaro (Ubuntu Maverick) (and 2 other projects) "[omap/igep] No eth0 with Linaro kernel (affects: 1) (heat: 6)" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/618734
[16:40:33] <slangasek> u-boot 2001.09~rc1.1 has been uploaded to the archive yesterday; bugfix-only wrt ARM, and gets us synced up with upstream - have notified Ubuntu ARM team of the change and asked for testing to confirm nothing has regressed on omap4
[16:41:02] <slangasek> JamieBennett: don't know the answer to that offhand, can check and get back to you
[16:41:10] <JamieBennett> slangasek: OK thanks
[16:41:24] <JamieBennett> [ACTION] slangasek to chase up comments on bug 618734
[16:42:01] <slangasek> a few bugfixes are still trickling into the archive around package x-compilation, but mostly we're hands-off the archive there and ppearse is pushing any blocking fixes to his local repo
[16:42:15] <slangasek> EOF
[16:43:18] <JamieBennett> slangasek: OK, thanks. There are a couple of bugs from https://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/WeeklyReleaseMeeting/2010-09-16 which may need chasing up. I'm not sure if they are fixed or still outstanding, things change daily with the images around here ;)
[16:43:57] <JamieBennett> We are a bit light on contributors here for the working groups, anyone have comments?
[16:44:00] <slangasek> looking - any specific ones you have in mind?
[16:44:36] <JamieBennett> slangasek: 600359 still needs monitoring closely, I know its been escalated
[16:45:01] <slangasek> yes; I spoke with robbiew, he bumped the bug importance and confirmed Keybuk is intending to fix it before release
[16:45:11] <JamieBennett> slangasek: great news :)
[16:45:49] <JamieBennett> I think the daily image works now but it needs confirming. bug 639852
[16:45:50] <ubot2> Launchpad bug 639852 in linux-linaro (Ubuntu) "Linaro Daily build 20100915 does not boot on Beagle XM A2 boards (affects: 1) (heat: 6)" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/639852
[16:45:54] <slangasek> I found that there are neat bugs w/ plymouth splash on beagle; need to file a bug report :)
[16:46:13] <slangasek> 693852 is definitely fixed, has been confirmed by 2 people already on IRC
[16:46:27] <JamieBennett> slangasek: great :)
[16:46:31] * JamieBennett waits for updates
[16:46:49] <slangasek> it's not in the released linaro-image-tools package; I'll triage that bug around so we're tracking it properly
[16:47:00] <JamieBennett> slangasek: thanks
[16:47:16] <JamieBennett> [PROGRESS REPORT] Toolchain WG
[16:47:26] <JamieBennett> From Michael
[16:47:32] <JamieBennett> * Released Linaro GCC 4.5, 4.4, and a first cut of cortex-strings
[16:47:36] <JamieBennett> * All of the CSL patches have now been integrated and released
[16:47:41] <JamieBennett> * Started the investigation work into Thumb-2 code size in GCC
[16:47:45] <JamieBennett> * Work continues on imporving the correctness of GDB
[16:48:01] <JamieBennett> Valgrind is being improved by upstream. We're looking at doing
[16:48:01] <JamieBennett> an alpha package soon and deciding whether to do a release past that.
[16:48:06] <JamieBennett> * CSL now have a OpenOCD person. I'm defining what we want them to do.
[16:48:27] <JamieBennett> Latest status can always be found at
[16:48:32] <JamieBennett> [LINK] https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/ToolChain/RollingStatus
[16:49:03] <JamieBennett> OK, I think we have to skip some topics.
[16:49:10] <JamieBennett> [TOPIC] AOB
[16:49:14] <asac> yeah
[16:49:22] <asac> i wanted to ask what we do after our RC release ;)
[16:49:32] <asac> RC for us is ubuntu final, right?
[16:49:44] <JamieBennett> asac: right
[16:49:46] <asac> what happens after that? who will drive the testing of the SRU changes etc
[16:49:57] <asac> what policies apply
[16:50:08] <asac> still freeze policies? or even "hardest freeze"?
[16:50:38] <asac> also: who will have time to do this
[16:50:49] <asac> we will all be buried in plannin work and UDS etc.
[16:51:12] <JamieBennett> asac: as its the first time I think its a little TBD but essentially Big Freeze and SRU shepherding. Release team, i.e. me with help, will push SRU's in
[16:51:28] <asac> JamieBennett: how do you push SRUs in?
[16:51:32] <slangasek> note that with the SRU validation process, we only have about 2 weeks in which to get SRUs in before we have to stabilize for our release. If there are OMGkittens fixes that we need in that aren't going to pass SRU in time, we do have the ppa as a fallback of course
[16:51:33] <JamieBennett> asac: I don't expect a flood of changes after RC
[16:51:33] <asac> dont they just come automatically?
[16:51:52] <asac> should we disable maverick-updates and manually push them to a "updates" ppa ?
[16:52:07] <asac> otherwise we are kind of doomed if they break something before release
[16:52:18] <JamieBennett> slangasek: do you have an opinion on this from past experience?
[16:52:39] <asac> we might want to ensure that we are part of ubuntu release team and take extra effort to validate and veto against SRU landings for 10 days before release or something
[16:52:42] <slangasek> asac: I spoke with members of the ubuntu-sru team about this in Prague and they were amenable to freezing the SRU queue to support us
[16:53:13] <asac> ok that sounds good. any decision about SRU freeze time etc.?
[16:53:24] <asac> or do we need to refresh and nail them down officially still?
[16:53:30] <slangasek> the latter
[16:53:44] <slangasek> I have that action on my list
[16:53:46] <asac> ok ... will you try to get the deal done ;)?
[16:53:48] <asac> ah ok
[16:54:00] <JamieBennett> [ACTION] JamieBennett and slangasek to discuss SRU process for Linaro post RC
[16:54:01] <asac> i would think we want 10 days at least - do you agree?
[16:54:12] <asac> with option to open earlier if we have good release images
[16:54:25] <JamieBennett> slangasek: I think I need to chat to you to fully flesh out what is going to happen
[16:54:31] <slangasek> JamieBennett: sure
[16:54:36] <JamieBennett> slangasek: thanks
[16:54:45] <asac> also how can we pick up fixes we do in -updates quick? do we actualyl need to pull in -proposed?
[16:54:49] <slangasek> asac: I was going to say 2 weeks
[16:54:56] <asac> yeah thats better
[16:55:05] <slangasek> asac: yes, we ought to do daily builds w/ -proposed enabled
[16:55:34] <asac> and release builds as well right?
[16:55:52] <asac> (iven that a daily build currently becomes a release build )
[16:55:54] <slangasek> effectively I would expect similar processes to an Ubuntu point release; I apologize for not communicating more about this, I realize that I have rather special knowledge about how point releases work so my comfort level with this is probably higher than yours :)
[16:55:55] <asac> given
[16:56:13] <JamieBennett> I'll iron out a wiki page to answer these questions after I chat with slangasek
[16:56:31] <JamieBennett> [ACTION] JamieBennett to produce a wiki page outlining the post-RC process for Linaro
[16:56:33] <asac> so we enable -proposed on ubuntu release date ... and then we disble it after we ensured that all bits went to -updates? or would we keep -proposed?
[16:56:37] <asac> yeah thanks
[16:56:41] <asac> please outline step by step ;)
[16:56:46] <asac> ok thats it
[16:56:48] <slangasek> asac: typically w/ point releases, we keep -proposed enabled until the last few days before the release, then we disable -proposed once everything we care about is in -updates so that -proposed can be opened bac up
[16:57:11] <JamieBennett> Sensible. Anything else before I close 4 mins early
[16:57:13] <asac> cool. happy to have you here ;)
[16:57:19] <JamieBennett> 3 mins now ;)
[16:57:29] <asac> download head images
[16:57:34] <asac> test them ... they have omap
[16:57:40] <asac> so should work with current linaro-media-create on beagle
[16:57:43] <asac> i tested -efl
[16:57:53] <JamieBennett> asac: looking good?
[16:58:05] <asac> great ... besides that i had to manually enable autologin ;)
[16:58:08] <asac> (e.g. the bug)
[16:58:12] <JamieBennett> right
[16:58:32] <JamieBennett> OK, thanks for attending.
[16:58:34] <asac> oh wait another 3 hours ... the current rebuilds for efl and plasma are important
[16:58:37] <asac> thanks
[16:58:39] <JamieBennett> #endmeeting
Meeting ended.

IRC Paste Text

#startmeeting
[LINK] https://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/WeeklyReleaseMeeting/2010-09-16
[TOPIC] Action items from last week
[TOPIC] Bugs summary
[LINK] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+bugs?field.tag=armel
Bug 600359 - ureadahead generating oom messages during boot. - escalated.
[LINK] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+bugs?field.tag=linaro
[LINK] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/linaro
Bug 629049 - /etc/network/interfaces comes unconfigured, should use dhcp by default
[LINK] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-linaro
Bug 627779 - corrupted text on console when deleting text - needs confirming on latest images
Bug 629478 - boot partition is mounted read-only even though specify rw - needs confirming on latest images
Bug 639852 - Linaro Daily build 20100915 does not boot on Beagle XM A2 boards - no u-boot or MLO pulled in.
Bug 618734 - [omap/igep] No eth0 with Linaro kernel - jcrigby needs to update the kernel config
[LINK] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/linux-linaro
Bug 630283 - Rev A2 Beagle XM showing only 256Meg
[TOPIC] Progress Information
[PROGRESS REPORT] Overall
[LINK] http://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/LinaroStatus
[LINK] http://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/FoundationsStatus
[LINK] http://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/InfrastructureStatus
[LINK] http://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/UserPlatformsStatus
[PROGRESS REPORT] Targeted
[LINK] http://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/LinaroStatus#Milestone%20ubuntu-10.10
[LINK] http://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/FoundationsStatus#Milestone%20ubuntu-10.10
[LINK] http://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/InfrastructureStatus#Milestone%20ubuntu-10.10
[LINK] http://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/UserPlatformsStatus#Milestone%20ubuntu-10.10
[TOPIC] Team reports
[PROGRESS REPORT] Foundations
[PROGRESS REPORT] Infrastructure
[PROGRESS REPORT] User Platforms
[PROGRESS REPORT] Landing Teams
[PROGRESS REPORT] Kernel Consolidation
[PROGRESS REPORT] Toolchain
[PROGRESS REPORT] Power Management
[TOPIC] AOB (Any Other Business)
#endmeeting

Cycles/WeeklyReleaseMeeting/2010-09-16 (last modified 2011-04-15 19:53:51)