Thursday 24th February 2011

Previous Actions Recorded

  • JamieBennett to email LT to test s5pv310: Done, no reply.

  • lool to ping Marex to enquire about support for Efika netbook support in uboot for this cycle: Done, should come this/next week.
  • slangasek to file rt for syncing nano image to snapshots and stop headless syncing: Done, now available
  • slangasek to raise the issue with debian-policy on whether or not we need e2fsprogs as Essential: yes

People Present

  • JesseBarker

  • JamieBennett

  • nytowl
  • slangasek
  • tgall_foo
  • james_w`
  • plars
  • mounir

Actions Recorded

  • nytowl to test s5pv310 hwpack and images
  • slangasek to raise the issue with debian-policy on whether or not we need e2fsprogs as Essential: yes
  • JamieBennett to invite nytowl to the release meeting

  • tgall_foo to email JamieBennett, slangasek about netbook image status

Agenda

Announcements

  • Feature Freeze now in place, file FFe's where necessary
  • Board Support Review now ongoing. Current crop of hwpacks are being assessed for completeness
  • Images also being assessed.

Action item review

  • See above

Image status

Bugs

Developer Platform

Bug Num

Priority

Desc

Notes

710196

High

kernel-configuration console-setup freeze

Blocked on Panda gfx

706033

Undecided

USB keyboard and mouse not working on overo

Anyone else with an Overo willing to test?

Infrastructure

Bug Num

Priority

Desc

Notes

715932

Medium

Should install btrfs-tools if missing

Needs discussion?

716479

High

linaro-image-tools requires network access to install include-debs hwpack

Validation

Bug Num

Priority

Desc

Notes

Kernel WG

Bug Num

Priority

Desc

Notes

708883

Critical

Panda board shuts down during boot

Possible explanation available and patch available.

Toolchain WG

Bug Num

Priority

Desc

Notes

Power Management WG

Bug Num

Priority

Desc

Notes

Multimedia WG

Bug Num

Priority

Desc

Notes

Graphics WG

Bug Num

Priority

Desc

Notes

Others

Bug Num

Priority

Desc

Notes

633227

High

Instabilities with highmem activated (Panda)

Keep on the radar

Progress Information

Team reports

IRC Paste Text

#startmeeting
[LINK] https://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/WeeklyReleaseMeeting/2011-02-24
[TOPIC] Announcements
[TOPIC] Action item review
[TOPIC] Image Status
[TOPIC] Bugs summary
[LINK] https://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/WeeklyReleaseMeeting/2011-02-24#Bugs
[TOPIC] Progress Discusion
[TOPIC] Team reports
All team reports are collated at:
[LINK] http://wiki.linaro.org/Status
[TOPIC] AOB
#endmeeting

IRC Log

Started logging meeting in #linaro-meeting
[17:03:28] * JesseBarker is here
[17:03:47] * JamieBennett waves again at JesseBarker :)
[17:03:54] <JamieBennett> so
[17:03:54] <JamieBennett> [LINK] https://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/WeeklyReleaseMeeting/2011-02-24
[17:04:18] <JamieBennett> [TOPIC] Announcements
[17:04:26] <JamieBennett> Feature Freeze now in place, file FFe's where necessary
[17:04:50] <JamieBennett> [LINK] https://wiki.linaro.org/Process/Cycle/FeatureFreeze
[17:05:02] <JamieBennett> [LINK] https://wiki.linaro.org/Process/Cycle/FreezeExceptionProcess
[17:06:01] <JamieBennett> Board Support Review now ongoing. Current crop of hwpacks are being assessed for completeness
[17:06:29] <JamieBennett> We need to figure out exactly what needs to be produced by Platform, by LT's, and what is needed for testing e.t.c
[17:06:35] <JamieBennett> emails flying around atm
[17:06:44] <JamieBennett> Images also being assessed.
[17:07:06] <JamieBennett> What do we want to produce, what is our use cases, what is our target audience exactly
[17:07:13] <JamieBennett> how better to server everyone e.t.c.
[17:07:19] <JamieBennett> so lots of questions still
[17:07:44] <JamieBennett> anyone else have release related announcements?
[17:08:31] <JamieBennett> OK, moving on
[17:08:33] <JamieBennett> [TOPIC] Action item review
[17:08:44] <JamieBennett> JamieBennett to email LT to test s5pv310
[17:08:49] <JamieBennett> done, no reply
[17:09:41] <JamieBennett> pinged nytowl now
[17:09:53] <JamieBennett> lool to ping Marex to enquire about support for Efika netbook support in uboot for this cycle
[17:10:06] <JamieBennett> Done, should come this/next week. lool any update
[17:10:07] <JamieBennett> ?
[17:10:13] <JamieBennett> nytowl: :)
[17:10:28] <nytowl> Hmm need to check my invites
[17:10:34] <JamieBennett> 
nytowl: JamieBennett to email LT to test s5pv310
[17:10:43] <JamieBennett> any testing happened here on the hwpack/image?
[17:11:04] <nytowl> I won't have functional hardware until tomorrow or next week
[17:11:33] <JamieBennett> OK, so as soon as hardware is in the team please test the images/hwpack to ensure we are doing it right ;)
[17:11:52] <JamieBennett> [ACTION] nytowl to test s5pv310 hwpack and images
[17:11:55] <JamieBennett> :)
[17:12:04] <JamieBennett> thanks nytowl
[17:12:30] <JamieBennett> slangasek to file rt for syncing nano image to snapshots and stop headless syncing
[17:12:32] <nytowl> I can test it up until boot but shortly after that my kernel panics
[17:12:59] <JamieBennett> nytowl: ah, with linux-linaro or something else?
[17:13:03] <slangasek> JamieBennett: done, though I think you may have been the one to file the actual RT
[17:13:29] <JamieBennett> slangasek: right, its done, thanks to all, nano is on its diet atm ;)
[17:13:58] <JamieBennett> slangasek to raise the issue with debian-policy on whether or not we need e2fsprogs as Essential
[17:13:58] <nytowl> iwth linux-linaro and bsp kernel, that's why I have new hardware coming the current theory is that it's my hardware causing the issue
[17:14:06] <slangasek> not done yet, carry over
[17:14:25] <JamieBennett> nytowl: OK, please keep Platform (and me) updated
[17:14:29] <JamieBennett> slangasek: OK
[17:14:38] <JamieBennett> [ACTION] slangasek to raise the issue with debian-policy on whether or not we need e2fsprogs as Essential: yes
[17:15:47] <JamieBennett> [TOPIC] Image Status
[17:15:47] <JamieBennett> \
[17:15:54] <nytowl> JamieBennett, I don't see myself in the guests for this meeting
[17:16:01] <JamieBennett> nytowl: will fix
[17:16:13] <JamieBennett> [ACTION] JamieBennett to invite nytowl to the release meeting
[17:16:31] <JamieBennett> So image wise we have changes coming and in progress
[17:16:44] <JamieBennett> tgall_foo: want to say something about nano and netbook
[17:16:45] <JamieBennett> ?
[17:17:30] <tgall_foo> JamieBennett, I'll pass for the moment ... nano is getting smaller but the real traction is just starting to get put together
[17:17:43] <JamieBennett> netbook status?
[17:18:28] <tgall_foo> JamieBennett, as directed I've a seed put together for it using the ubuntu-netbook meta package .. however as simple as it is it fails to build in our lh environment with dep issues
[17:18:52] <JamieBennett> tgall_foo: anything you need help on?
[17:19:22] <tgall_foo> JamieBennett, yes but we can take that off line
[17:19:42] <JamieBennett> tgall_foo: OK, please email me any issues
[17:19:53] * tgall_foo suspects a question or two with slangasek will help
[17:20:06] <JamieBennett> [ACTION[ tgall_foo to email JamieBennett, slangasek about netbook image status
[17:20:33] <JamieBennett> [ACTION] member:tgall_foo to email member:JamieBennett, member:slangasek about netbook image status
[17:20:43] <JamieBennett> thanks tgall_foo
[17:20:56] <JamieBennett> [TOPIC] Bugs summary
[17:21:10] <james_w`> what does "member:" do?
[17:21:28] <JamieBennett> james_w`: its a c'n'p error :)
[17:21:39] <james_w`> ah :-)
[17:21:43] <JamieBennett> Bug wise there is no much to shout about
[17:22:14] <JamieBennett> Anything that needs to be talked about bug-wise?
[17:22:29] <plars> bug #720055 is still preventing boot on panda
[17:22:30] <ubot2> Launchpad bug 720055 in linux-linaro-omap "Unhandled fault: imprecise external abort (0x1406) at 0x2ada61a8" [Critical,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/720055
[17:22:39] <plars> but looks like Anand Gadiyar is debugging
[17:23:04] <JamieBennett> plars: awesome, this is preventing daily testing, yes?
[17:23:17] <plars> daily testing caught it when it first popped up
[17:23:23] <JamieBennett> \o/
[17:23:44] * JamieBennett will get back to that :)
[17:24:00] <JamieBennett> plars: so we are waiting on Anand to fix?
[17:24:27] <slangasek> jcrigby says he successfully test-booted on panda before uploading his latest kernel (binaries not yet in the archive, or hwpacks), after applying a workaround to disable video at boot; is that the same panda issue or a different one?
[17:24:31] <plars> That's my understanding, there's one patch in the bug that jcrigby tried and said it didn't work
[17:25:06] <plars> slangasek: not sure, last comment in the bug was that it still wasn't working... images as of this morning still won't boot too
[17:25:27] <slangasek> yes, that's not indicative, the workaround hasn't made its way through the system yet
[17:25:43] <slangasek> please shout if it still fails once you're seeing a 2.6.38 kernel in there
[17:25:50] <plars> will do
[17:25:56] <slangasek> (which is going to take a couple of days, subject to the vagaries of the Ubuntu new queue)
[17:26:05] <JamieBennett> yeah, we need panda asap :)
[17:26:34] <slangasek> I'm doing my part to whittle down the Ubuntu new queue at the moment so another archive admin can look at the kernels for us next time they get a chance
[17:26:42] <slangasek> I shouldn't accept them myself because I sponsored the kernel uploads
[17:27:04] <JamieBennett> slangasek: who should we be prodding for that? suggestions?
[17:27:19] <slangasek> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArchiveAdministration#Archive days
[17:27:46] <JamieBennett> OK
[17:27:47] <slangasek> so, StevenK is a question mark right now regarding his availability, and also it's Friday there already
[17:27:58] <slangasek> so pick whichever archive admin you have dirt on ;)
[17:28:11] * JamieBennett looks at his little black book
[17:28:36] <JamieBennett> any other bugs, there are a few floating about but I think we are on top of it
[17:28:46] <JamieBennett> ?
[17:29:06] <slangasek> btw, for one-off testing it's possible to grab the binaries from the queue: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-linaro-omap/2.6.38-1000.1
[17:29:16] <slangasek> but you're not going to get a hwpack out of that
[17:29:23] * JamieBennett nods
[17:29:48] <JamieBennett> [TOPIC] Progress Discusion
[17:30:04] <JamieBennett> [LINK] http://status.linaro.org
[17:30:39] <james_w`> well, you can use --local-deb to build a hwpack with a .deb kernel you have lying around
[17:30:53] <james_w`> it would be nice to have a repack-hwpack for this case though
[17:31:29] <JamieBennett> work items and blueprints still need some love, I will be working with the Platform teams over the coming week or two so expect questions :)
[17:32:24] <JamieBennett> mounir: I expect you are happy with progress so far for your teams?
[17:33:04] <mounir> JamieBennet: yes in general - there are few areas needs attention - we are working on them
[17:33:46] <JamieBennett> OK, please highlight issues is you come across them
[17:34:00] <JamieBennett> if
[17:34:17] <mounir> JamieBennet: will do. We may have to ask for exception given the Feature freeze ...
[17:34:38] <JamieBennett> OK, I have a question about that later
[17:34:46] <mounir> ok
[17:35:09] <JamieBennett> [TOPIC] Team Status
[17:35:28] <JamieBennett> So I have a few questions
[17:36:06] <JamieBennett> slangasek: 2.6.38 will be packaged and available in a couple of days, right?
[17:36:18] <slangasek> it's already packaged, will be available when it gets through NEW
[17:36:25] <JamieBennett> right
[17:36:48] <JamieBennett> Does your team have any any impending FFe's?
[17:37:41] <slangasek> well, dpkg :)
[17:37:42] <slangasek> I need to submit a FFe to the Ubuntu release team about landing the multiarch support
[17:37:42] <slangasek> do you want cc:ed on that?
[17:37:42] <JamieBennett> please
[17:37:42] <slangasek> ok
[17:38:03] <JamieBennett> anything else?
[17:38:09] <slangasek> not from my side
[17:38:18] <JamieBennett> thanks slangasek
[17:38:21] <slangasek> oh, qt4 + opengles2 will need an FFe as well
[17:38:27] <slangasek> same process - Ubuntu FFe, will cc you
[17:38:42] <JamieBennett> ah, please subscribe linaro-release too :)
[17:39:05] <slangasek> right, that's what I mean :-)
[17:39:27] <JamieBennett> plars: can we expect a front end to the validation.linaro.org output for test runs?
[17:39:48] <plars> JamieBennett: for now, the front end will be jenkins
[17:40:07] <plars> A scheduler is in the works, but we are working on a generalized job dispatcher first
[17:40:15] <JamieBennett> plars: is it OK for me to script based on jenkins being there or do you expect this to change soon?
[17:40:34] <plars> JamieBennett: depends on what you are trying to do
[17:40:51] <JamieBennett> grab images and data
[17:40:58] <JamieBennett> from html
[17:41:34] <plars> I am kinda doing that now with extra scripts, but once the dispatcher is done it should let you do something more generic in json, and just submit it whenever you like through jenkins
[17:41:35] <james_w`> jenkins has an API fwiw
[17:42:05] <JamieBennett> james_w`: I just want the images really for the metrics page
[17:42:21] <james_w`> which images?
[17:42:30] <JamieBennett> Build success/failure
[17:42:40] <plars> oh
[17:42:47] <plars> so that would come from offspring then
[17:42:48] <JamieBennett> But if jenkins is staying for a while then thats fine
[17:42:58] <JamieBennett> plars: I want the pretty image
[17:43:17] <JamieBennett> thats fine, I have my answer :)
[17:43:37] <james_w`> JamieBennett, you could just copy the images
[17:43:45] <james_w`> they are static after all
[17:44:09] <JamieBennett> james_w`: thats what I was getting at, if jenkins stays I will write something, if its about to be replaced there is no point
[17:44:12] <JamieBennett> anywat
[17:44:16] <JamieBennett> anyway :)
[17:44:22] <james_w`> I don't follow
[17:44:27] <james_w`> let's take this out of the meeting
[17:44:31] <JamieBennett> right
[17:44:32] <JamieBennett> [LINK] http://wiki.linaro.org/Status
[17:44:40] <JamieBennett> so thanks all for status reports
[17:44:55] <JamieBennett> I've emailed platform with some changes to team pages, please take a look and comment :)
[17:45:31] <JamieBennett> reports are getting to be an indispensable resource which is awesome
[17:46:02] <JamieBennett> finally
[17:46:04] <JamieBennett> [TOPIC] AOB
[17:46:13] <JamieBennett> Anything else to raise this week?
[17:46:56] <JamieBennett> One thing from me
[17:47:14] <JamieBennett> If your teams submit patches please cc patches@linaro.org
[17:47:56] <JamieBennett> OK, thanks all for attending
[17:48:00] <JamieBennett> #endmeeting
Meeting ended.

Cycles/WeeklyReleaseMeeting/2011-02-24 (last modified 2011-04-15 19:45:40)