Current Development Focus

The team are working towards the 13.01 Release.

Meeting Calendar

The calendar below holds a link to all past meetings. Please select the date which you wish to view.

<< <  2019 / 4 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Previous Actions Recorded

  • N/A

Agenda

Announcements

  • Fathi is on vacation, Mounir will help with release management this month

Action item review

Milestone pages

Image status

  • Build status Ubuntu derivatives - tgall_foo
  • Build status Android - Patrikryd

Bugs

Bug

Priority

Description

Notes

XXXXXX

High

Instabilities with highmem activated

Progress Information

Team reports

Minutes

  • The release team wants to have a place where we track all the milestone page to track the deliverables and blueprints for the release, if you are not on that page you are not tracked for the release.
    • basically all the projects you use to release tarballs and track blueprints for this month against
  • Ubuntu derivatives update as reported by Tom, we converted over the 11.07 images to use lb3, and started a round of testing for regressions yesterday ... looking at qatracker.l.o generally good results tho it'd be nice to see more results for other boards besides omap3+omap4
  • Call for testing was sent by Fabo ( while on vacation)
  • Need to get the LTC to help testing
  • Android build status as given by Zach:
    • Generic TI build - tracking jstultz tip, tips been broken, we're working through the issues
    • Generic TI build - just finalizing patches to fix thigns
    • TI LEB - tracking Andy's, not based on 3.0 tip
    • TI LEB - tracking Andy's, not based on jstultz, 3.0 tio
    • TI LEB - works with minor patch and u-boot change
    • TI LEB - getting those things landed
    • snowball - intial support in builder
    • snowball - kernel crashes early
    • snowball - working through issues
    • freescale - have LT kernel, bero is doing bringup with the LT
    • pfefferz are the issues raised have bugs associated with them?
    • samsung, looks like theres a build
  • Status pages may not be fully updated/utilized, we need to review whether to keep it or get rid of it. If we need to keep it we need to resend how it is being used, who uses it what is purpose, etc...
    • One suggestion from asac is: I would replace this "status" review slot in release meeting with a slot that reviews if all the teams ahve done their homework on blueprints/headlines, etc.
    • Seconded by rsalveti: To see if everything is on place, like headline, acceptance criteria and such
    • Release team should even review that in preparation of this meeting

Action Items

  • Mounir to make google doc out of the Milestone table
  • Mounir to send a note to TL's/PM's requesting Milestone pages for 11.07
  • All TL/PM to enusure that the milestone page for 11.07 are listed there
  • Mounir to follow up with the PM's / TL's to fill up the Milestone table
  • Mounir to raise the weekly status report with Joey, suspend if not used
  • Mounir to adjust standing item to review team/PM homework on blueprints/headlines instead of status, To see if everything is on place, like headline, acceptance criteria and such

Meeting Log

<mounir> hello - who is present for the release meeting?
<pfefferz> I'm here
<mounir> hi pfefferz 
<james_w> o/
<ibiris> o/
<mounir> hello James_w
<mounir> ibiris
<james_w> hi
<pfefferz> hey mounir
<ibiris> hey mounir!
<mounir> let us wait a couple of minutes before we start
<mounir> meanwhile the link to the agenda is: https://wiki.linaro.org/Cycles/WeeklyReleaseMeeting/2011-07-07
<Dr_Who> running the meeting mounir ?
<mounir> Dr_Who, trying
<Dr_Who> perfect :-)
<mounir> ok we are 5 minutes after the hour let us go ahead and start
<mounir> #startmeeting
<asac> hi
<mounir> hi asac
<mounir> #link https://wiki.linaro.org/Cycles/WeeklyReleaseMeeting/2011-07-07
<mounir> #announcement
<mounir> Fabo is on vacation this month, so Mounir is helping with the release management
<asac> yay!!
<asac> thanks a lot!
<mounir> if you have any issue or concern related to the progress of this monthly release, please involve me
<mounir> asac: no problem, you welcome
<mounir> #topic Action item review
<mounir> PMs and LTs to start defining and thinking about this monthly release highlights
<asac> how did that go?
<asac> did we retrieve info yet?
<mounir> asac: not yet, I have created a table to follow up on with the PM's/TL's
<mounir> #link https://wiki.linaro.org/Cycles/1107/Release/MilestonePagesStatus
<asac> ok
<pfefferz> the bot is down btw
<mounir> pfefferz, yep 
<mounir> #action Mounir to follow up with the PM's / TL's to fill up the Milestone table
* fabo (~fabo@linaro/fabo) has joined #linaro-meeting
<mounir> asac: do you want to say a world about the Milestone pages, how they are used and why we need to to have Milestone page for the deliverables?
<pfefferz> hey fabo, your bot is busted
<asac> yes
* rsalveti waves
<mounir> Hi Fabo
<asac> so the  idea is that release team wants to have a place where we track all the milestone pages
<asac> that we can then track for release
<asac> and delivery
<fabo> pfefferz: I noticed. can't access to my host since yesterday :(
<pfefferz> can we just list the milestone/bug links in the spread sheet
<asac> so basically if you are not on that milestone page, you are not tracked by the release team
<asac> for the release etc.
<asac> so #action all TL/PM to enusre that the milestone page for 11.07 are listed there
* jserv-- has quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
<asac> basically all the projects you use to release tarballs and track blueprints for this month against
<asac> makes sense?
<asac> pfefferz: just link the milestone page for your project in the table
<pfefferz> okay
* suihkulokki (~nchip@afflict.kos.to) has left #linaro-meeting
<asac> pfefferz: the RM will fil out the other columns
<asac> ok ...
<asac> mounir: can you send an email to techleads and proj-mgm
<asac> t
<pfefferz> we should just auto gen the table
<pfefferz> from the launchpage pages
<asac> so they know they have to get on that page with their milestone pages if they want those to be covered in the release
<pfefferz> but I can put links in
<asac> put the links in ;)
<asac> thanks
<pfefferz> I thought they had greenlight
<mounir> asac: yes I will send a note
<asac> some manual action is ok .. we can tune/improve/automate later ;)
<pfefferz> hehe
<asac> hehe
<asac> ok
<pfefferz> asac, using my own tactic against me!
<mounir> anything else regarding Milestone pages, questions, comments?
<pfefferz> do it manually you goob
<asac> hehe
<pfefferz> just the usually...it'll get out of date etc...
<pfefferz> actually one thing
<mounir> #topic Image status
<pfefferz> can we just use a proper Google docs spread sheet
<mounir> opps pfefferz go ahead
<pfefferz> that will be way easier to edit
<pfefferz> plus we may be able to do a little automation
<mounir> pfefferz, np will change toa google doc
<pfefferz> cool
<pfefferz> thanks
<mounir> #action; Mounir to make google doc out of the Milestone table
<mounir> Dr_who, do you have any update on Ubuntu derivatives?
<Dr_Who> mounir: we converted over the 11.07 images to use lb3, and started a round of testing for regressions yesterday ... looking at qatracker.l.o generally good results tho it'd be nice to see more results for other boards besides omap3+omap4
<mounir> fabo: have you sent a call for testing for this week?
<Dr_Who> mounir: it's already been done
<mounir> Dr_who: ok - thanks for the update, anything else?
<rsalveti> We need to get the LT to help testing
<fabo> mounir: sent some minutes ago
<Dr_Who> mounir: nope that's it
<fabo> btw, someone changed the build set on qatracker?
<Dr_Who> fabo: correct
<Dr_Who> fabo: for this week we started the weekly testing a day early to try and capture regressions in the lh2 -> lb3 switch over
<mounir> is Patrick on the call? 
<fabo> Dr_Who: a mail could have been nice
<Dr_Who> fabo: there was a mail
<fabo> Dr_Who: afaik, the switch to lb3 isn't planned for 11.07. is there a modiification in this plan?
<rsalveti> It is :)
* Amaranth has quit (Quit: Ex-Chat)
<rsalveti> Check the linaro-ubuntu bps for 11.07
<mounir> pfefferz, can you give an update on Android Build Status?
<Dr_Who> fabo: it's done ;-)
<rsalveti> We should be using lb3 for all images now
<pfefferz> mounir, sure
<mounir> pfefferz, , go ahead
<pfefferz> Generic TI build - tracking jstultz tip, tips been broken, we're working through the issues
<pfefferz> Generic TI build - just finalizing patches to fix thigns
<pfefferz> TI LEB - tracking Andy's, not based on 3.0 tip
<pfefferz> TI LEB - tracking Andy's, not based on jstultz, 3.0 tio
<pfefferz> TI LEB - works with minor patch and u-boot change
* Amaranth (~travis@ubuntu/member/Amaranth) has joined #linaro-meeting
<pfefferz> TI LEB - getting those things landed
<pfefferz> snowball - intial support in builder
<pfefferz> snowball - kernel crashes early
<pfefferz> snowball - working through issues
<pfefferz> freescale - have LT kernel, bero is doing bringup with the LT
<mounir>  pfefferz are the issues raised have bugs associated with them?
<pfefferz> mounir, yes
<pfefferz> mounir, or BPs
<pfefferz> for the bringup targets I'm not filing bugs until things settle a little
<mounir> pfefferz, ok the next topic is bugs: if you have bugs that we need to focus on and is not listed, please let me know
<pfefferz> samsung, looks like theres a build
<pfefferz> mounir, sure, I think everythings looking okay
<pfefferz> mounir, I'll let you know if anything is blowing up
<mounir> pfefferz, yes good update - thank you
<pfefferz> mounir, np - lots going on
<mounir> #topic Bugs:
<mounir> #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/~linaro-release
<mounir> here is the link to the bugs tracked by release management, please take a look and see if you have any other bugs that we need to focus on
<mounir> any particular bug that we need to discuss in this meeting?
<mounir> ok - moving on
<mounir> #Topic Team reports
<mounir> https://wiki.linaro.org/Status
<mounir> #action: Mounir to visit the team reports to see whether there is any issue was raised related to release management
<asac> if you want a bug on that list, subscribe linaro-release
<asac> oops ;)
<fabo> :)
<asac> damn scrollback
<asac> but still valid.
<asac> pfefferz: blocker bugs for release that oyu mention about should have linaro-release subscribed
<asac> mounir: i think all the status pages are not up to date, right?
<pfefferz> okay
<asac> at least lots of status pages
<mounir> asac: need to check - you may be right
<asac> mounir: only the kernel WG from what i see is up to date
<asac> either we run around screaming or we kill the weekly status update pages
<pfefferz> mines up to date
<mounir> and power management, I udpated them yesterday :)
<fabo> asac: yes. it's outdated.
<asac> pfefferz: https://wiki.linaro.org/Status#Android
<asac> so do we want to resurrect? or suspend those until we have PMs?
<pfefferz> another status place
<pfefferz> ugg
<asac> pfefferz: that includes some page magically
<fabo> asac: it should be replaced by activity mail.
<asac> pfefferz: you should update your status on that page (the team high level status)
<asac> fabo: whats activity mail?
<pfefferz> I put it on
<pfefferz> https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Android/Status/2011-06-30
<pfefferz> etc...
<asac> pfefferz: right. guess that Status page needs to be updated then as well
<pfefferz> so I should copy that to pfefferz: https://wiki.linaro.org/Status#Android
<fabo> asac: on linaro-dev [ACTIVITY] $team
<asac> i woiuld suggest to add a banner to top: kill
<asac> fabo: right. thats fine. but please not for each individual
<asac> but thats another story
<fabo> asac: there's an updated process but status page is killed
<pfefferz> if no ones reading these, we should kill um
<asac> fabo: but should release manager pull together all those mails? and make a weekly status page out of them?
<fabo> asac: I don't have the link atm. it's somewhere in the wiki
<pfefferz> sounds like just over head
<asac> ok. lets give #mounir the action to check with PM team
<asac> about killing status (or at least suspending for a month)
<rsalveti> How useful this page is?
<asac> afaik it was invented by PM-group ... so imo they should decide what to do
<mounir> asac, what I have been doing is creating a status report every week and place them on https://wiki.linaro.org/Status
<mounir> I can send link to the status process., but I agree if no one is readign them, it is a waist
<asac> yeah. please reaise this with joey etc. i would like to suspend and rediscuss this at linaro connect maybe
<mounir> asac: ok
<mounir> #action: Mounir to raise the weeklu status report with Joey, suspend if not used
* joey uses them. :-)
<mounir> that is all I have - any other topic?
<asac> i would replace this "status" review slot in release meeting with a slot that reviews if all the teams ahve done their homework on blueprints/headlines, etc.
<joey> +1
<rsalveti> Yup, would make more sense
<asac> nice... quorum ;)
<asac> people can complain afterwards ;)
<ibiris> people usually complain only afterwards :-)
<asac> #action mounir to adjust standing item to review team/PM homework on blueprints/headlines instead of status
<rsalveti> To see if everything is on place, like headline, acceptance criteria and such
<asac> right. i think release team should even review that in preparation of this meeting
<asac> and complain in this meeting ;)
<mounir> ok - any other topics? 
<mounir> hearing none, I move to close the meeting
<mounir> thank you all
<asac> thanks mounir!!
<mounir> #endmeeting

IRC Paste Text

#startmeeting
[LINK] https://wiki.linaro.org/Cycles/WeeklyReleaseMeeting/2011-MM-DD
[TOPIC] Announcements
[TOPIC] Action item review
[TOPIC] Image Status
[TOPIC] Bugs summary
[LINK] https://wiki.linaro.org/Cycles/WeeklyReleaseMeeting/2011-MM-DD#Bugs
[TOPIC] Progress Discusion
[TOPIC] AOB
#endmeeting

Cycles/WeeklyReleaseMeeting/2011-07-07 (last modified 2011-07-07 21:12:17)