Current Development Focus

The team are working towards the 13.01 Release.

Meeting Calendar

The calendar below holds a link to all past meetings. Please select the date which you wish to view.

<< <  2019 / 4 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Previous Actions Recorded

  • Mounir to make google doc out of the Milestone table - Done is called 11.07MilestonePagesStatus, shared with TL's and PM's. Done.
  • All TL/PM to enusure that the milestone page for 11.07 are listed there - Done
  • Discuss the weekly status report with Joey, suspend if not used. - In progress - Sent a note to Joey to start the discussion, will follow up during August Connect, if we cannot resolve it before then.
  • Adjust standing item to review team/PM homework on blueprints/headlines instead of status, To see if everything is on place, like headline, acceptance criteria and such - Done.
    • added the item to the template, but did not remove the Status report yet, pending PM's decision

Agenda

Announcements

  • Snowball board has booted with Android

Action item review

  • See above.
  • Milestone deliverables are tracked using the above spreadsheet.

Discussion

  • Components build/integration with LEB's

Image status

  • Build status Ubuntu derivatives - tgall_foo
  • Build status Android - patrikryd

Bugs

Bug

Priority

Description

Notes

788926

Critical

imx51evk fails to boot to linux

fix available, Richard Zhao to test

789093

high

linaro-create-image does not run with sudo

no one assigned

803637

high

Snowball hwpack missing startfiles.cfg

lee Jones has updated the bug: ST-Ericsson to deliver the startupfiles for click through license on install vs download, l-c-i has the ability to handle

Blueprints Review

Progress Information

Team reports

Meeting Log

Meeting Summary

  • components buid/integration with LEB's
    • Ubuntu
      • Ricardo will create the integration blueprints for Ubuntu, based on the spreadsheet for 11.07 listed above
      • Maybe we should have a session on connect to sync with all WGs to give education on how it works.
    • Android
      • Everything needs to be in Git because Android team pull it into repo to do their build (this needs to be clear to everybody, all Team Leads).
        1. WGs should share their tips with Android team
        2. Android team will do daily builds
        3. Android team will fix stuff when it breaks
        4. Android team will create release candidates
      • WG's - what they need to do
  • Images Status
    • Ubuntu image
      • 11.07 candidate images picked up libjpeg-turbo beyond that nothing else integrated that I know of
      • oneiric images are building again
      • yesterday ubuntu folks pushed a bunch of new packages to properly finish the /run transition
      • so oneiric images should be running with /run instead of /var/run already
      • We should start seeing additional components in, first u-boot linaro snapshot for 11.07 was just "released" and the package is now building
    • I think it would be helpful when requesting to do the weekly tests, to state what is new to emphasis the testing on the new features
    • Send test annoucement and do testing on Monday. Do basic testing on a package upload and weekly testing with a list describing what was changed
    • Android
      • We have a snowball build in the system at the moment. the display and USB need work
      • Android team will create the integration bp's based on the list of components in the spreadsheet
      • Amit Daniel reported: Powertop2.0 currently ported on android gingerbread. Both dump and ncurses mode working.
  • bugs
    • https://launchpad.net/bugs/806644 new to be on the watch for

    • 788926 Critical has a fix, waiting for Rochard to test ( not sure whether this is really critical)
    • bug 789093 needs an owner, I have sent a note to James_w to see who should handle
    • 788926 in linux-linaro-mx51 "[regression] imx51evk fails to boot to linux" [Critical,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/788926

  • we should review the blueprints for readiness to integration, when it says approved it real means approved and the ready to go.
  • prebuilt images for 11.07
    • all the pieces are in place now someone could do this as part of the release process if we wanted. This is where we release images that have gone through linaro-media-create already, so that they can be used with dd, to make it easier to try out our images
      • make sure they can log in to the box
      • write the small script to do it
      • and then do it as part of the release process
      • as well as have the test run with the weekly testing next week

Action from this Meeting

  • Talk with every TL about sharing the git with Android to help with integration - Mounir
  • Action Connect session to go over /educate on the LEB's integration - Ricardo, Tom and Zach
  • Review the bp's for headline, acceptance and other info - Mounir then report back to LEB leads and TL's
  • List of what changed since the last test announcement, when announcing/reminding people to test, so they can emphasis testing the changes if they choose to. Next week Tom on going Fathi
  • test / test-annoucement on Monday instead of Wednesday decision to do it on continuous basis is left to Fathi-Asac to agree
  • Ask someone to help with the pre-build images, check them out and make sure they work - Andy will handle.
  • Discuss who will be in charge for doing the release this month, produce the images, relase pages, announcement, etc..

IRC Log

<mounir> #startmeeting
<mounir> #link https://wiki.linaro.org/Cycles/WeeklyReleaseMeeting/2011-07-14
<mounir> #topic announcement
<mounir> the only thing I have is the good news about Snowball board booting with Anddroid
<mounir> I was going to let pfefferz give us the details when he reports on Android image
* mansson has quit (Quit: Ex-Chat)
<mounir> #topic action item review
<mounir> Create a google doc to track 11.07 release deliverables
<mounir> this is done
<mounir> get the TL's/PM's to ensure their deliverables are listed there
* rsalveti waves
<mounir> also done, I think all deliverables from all teams are there now
<mounir> hi rsalveti
<mounir> Discuss weekly report with Joey whether it is needed
<rsalveti> mounir: great, thanks for setting up the google doc for it
<mounir> yes this still needed, even though the release management is not making use of it
<mounir> rsalveti, np - yw
<mounir> another action was: adjust the agenda items to add review of blueprints in this meeting
<mounir> I have added this item, but I did not remove the team reports. Release Management can choose to go over it if time permits or not
<mounir> that is all for Action items
<mounir> #topic Discussion
<mounir> I wanted to touch base on the components buid/integration with LEB's
<mounir> I don't think all TL's are aware of what they need to do here
<rsalveti> mounir: want to go over the components list?
<tgall_foo> mounir, is the issue more that the TLs and their team perhaps need some information/education on how it works ?
<mounir> rsalveti, for Ubuntu you said you will create the bp's based on the list in the spreadsheet, is this correct?
<rsalveti> or it's more a general discussion on how to integrate their components at the LEBs?
<rsalveti> mounir: yes
<mounir> for Android, I don't think this is very clear how to handle
<rsalveti> tgall_foo: yeah, also that feeling, we should have a session on connect to sync with all WGs
<mounir> whether pfefferz will create the bp's or each TL's has to create a bp's for each of the deliverables
<rsalveti> mounir: yeah, guess android is more complicated now, as people are already used on how ubuntu works in general
<tgall_foo> rsalveti, I think that's a good idea
<pfefferz> mounir, I think WGs and LTs should share their tips with us, we do daily builds, we fix stuff when it breaks, and create release canidates, when a WG has a particular peice of functionality that needs to land we have an integration BP for tracking it
<pfefferz> everything will need to be in Git
<mounir> who created this integration bp?
<rsalveti> pfefferz: I think for android people also need to understand better how it works
<pfefferz> the android team...
<rsalveti> how to build it, how to integrate and how to test it
<rsalveti> even this "everything in Git" requirement I believe is not that clear for everybody yet
<pfefferz> rsalveti, right...then we work side-by-side to get the technology into Android
<mounir> pfefferz, so for the WG's all they have to do now is to share their git tip, right?
<pfefferz> that and have a person that's going to help port their stuff to Android
<rsalveti> and probably make someone available to help the integration
<pfefferz> mounir, yup
<rsalveti> yeah
<pfefferz> rsalveti, that's a good point
<pfefferz> rsalveti, its gotta be in git because we pull it via repo
<pfefferz> rsalveti, and that's how we do builds
<rsalveti> pfefferz: sure, *I* know that, but don't know if it's clear for everybody
<mounir> pfefferz, rsalveti ok, I am going to take the action to speak with every TL 1x1 to get this going.
<pfefferz> rsalveti, :) yeah...figured I'd give a quick overview for the logs
<pfefferz> mounir, you're enthusiasm is refreshing!
<rsalveti> mounir: cool, thanks! :-)
<mounir> pfefferz, based on my note to you yesterday All Wg's are ok with exception of MM and Graphics is that true?
<pfefferz> well PM is still trying to sort something out
<mounir> ok I can worl with PM I am their PM :)
<mounir> s/worl/work.
<mounir> anything else on this?
<mounir> #topic Image status
<mounir> tgall_foo you want to give an update?
<mounir> or rsalveti ?
<tgall_foo> 11.07 candidate images picked up libjpeg-turbo beyond that nothing else integrated that I know of
<rsalveti> oneiric images are building again
<tgall_foo> o yes .. good one to mention
<rsalveti> yesterday ubuntu folks pushed a bunch of new packages to properly finish the /run transition
<rsalveti> so oneiric images should be running with /run instead of /var/run already
<pfefferz> hey tgall_foo asac said that you shouldn't do the Android libjpeg work
<pfefferz> sorry to interject
<mounir> so testing this week should emphasis libjpeg-turbo
<rsalveti> pfefferz: any specific reason?
<tgall_foo> pfefferz, we can take that offline
<rsalveti> mounir: yes
<rsalveti> and we should start seeing some additional components already integrated for 11.07
<rsalveti> first u-boot linaro snapshot for 11.07 was just "released"
<rsalveti> and the package is now building
<tgall_foo> mounir, well there aren't libjpeg-turbo specific tests but yes it's an item to watch out for .. beyond that the bug 806644 is another to be on the look out for
<ubot2> Launchpad bug 806644 in linux-linaro "LEB + Panda crashes on restart" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/806644
<pfefferz> tgall_foo, okay...
<rsalveti> so hopefully testing for next week should also include some additional packages for components that should be delivered for 11.07
<rsalveti> as a result of the CI
<tgall_foo> rsalveti, you've got the list for that right ?
<mounir> I think it would be helpful when requesting to do the weekly tests, to state what is new to emphasis the testing on the new features
<rsalveti> tgall_foo: yes
<rsalveti> mounir: sure
<rsalveti> are we still doing it on every wednesday?
<rsalveti> would prefer to do it on monday
<rsalveti> so we could naturally cover the RC
<tgall_foo> rsalveti, excellent ... I wonder if we shouldn't look at the list just to see if we might want to do some informal test as things trickle in ... hate to leave things to a weekly boundary if it can be avoided
<rsalveti> tgall_foo: sure, makes sense
<rsalveti> so basic testing on a package upload and weekly testing with a list describing what was changed
<tgall_foo> mounir, agreed, a changelog to give suggested here's how you might test this new stuff might be handy
<mounir> tgall_foo, ok - I will add an Action for Fathi to list what changed when he sends the test request
<tgall_foo> so assuming there is at least a changelog, I think that does create an expectation that WGs integrating new function have to produce an input to that
<mounir> tgall_foo, you may have to do it next week yourself :)
<rsalveti> and, who is officially replacing fathi during his vac?
<tgall_foo> mounir, heh ... :-)
<rsalveti> tgall_foo: ?
<mounir> rsalveti, I am. but, tgall_foo has been sending the test requests
<rsalveti> mounir: ok, and are we ok for doing it on every monday?
<tgall_foo> rsalveti, mounir : well if we all know what's going in then I don't mind adding it to the note, I'd hope that'd be straight forward
<rsalveti> or do we still need to discuss that?
<mounir> rsalveti, I prefer to still discuss that specially that Asac and Fathi are out and this is a kind of on-going change that need to happen
<rsalveti> tgall_foo: yes, and the call for testing should happen at the end of monday, with time enough to set the changelog with what got in over previous week
<rsalveti> mounir: ok, so put it as an action
<pfefferz> when do the rc's go out?
<pfefferz> Monday next week
<mounir> rsalveti, ok I will
<tgall_foo> ok .. so goal is next call for texting is "end of day" monday
<rsalveti> yeah
<mounir> ok
<rsalveti> tgall_foo: end of your day :-)
* pfalcon has quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
<mounir> anything else from Ubunu side?
<mounir> pfefferz, your turn
<mounir> pfefferz, maybe has been distracted, let me go over some bugs while he gets back
<pfefferz> I'm here
<mounir> ok go ahead
<pfefferz> We have a snowball build in the system at the moment
<pfefferz> the display and USB need work
<mounir> this is a very good progress
<pfefferz> yup, all thanks to Mathieu
<mounir> relative to the 11.07 integration have you started pulling thisn together? the spreadsheet in the meeting lists all what is coming your way. you will create the bp's for these components, right?
<mounir> I mean the integration bp's
<pfefferz> everythings on our blueprint's page
<pfefferz> including all progress
<mounir> yes
<mounir> what do you mean by progress?
<mounir> do you mean whether the component is ready to be integrated?
<pfefferz> very little is ready to be integrated
<pfefferz> all the progress is on the 11.07 milestones
<pfefferz> the kernel is looking good,
<pfefferz> but none of the other wg's have anything
<mounir> toolchain will release next week
<mounir> powerdebug has no new features so 11.06 deliverable would still the same for 11.07
<pfefferz> we don't have powerdebug in ANdroid
<mounir> powertop still working on the git vishwa is out
<pfefferz> or powertop
<mounir> I think we now do, I saw a report that this is done
<mounir> powerdebug that is
<pfefferz> powerdebug is on Android?
<mounir> yes - I will forward what I have to you after the meeting ( hope I am not mistaken)
<pfefferz> in my sync up with Amit, he didn't mention anything
<mounir> one sec
* pfalcon (~pfalcon@78.160.197.243) has joined #linaro-meeting
<pfefferz> let me invite you to all my integration meetings
<mounir> Amit Daniel reported:
<mounir> # Powertop2.0 currently ported on android gingerbread. Both dump and ncurses mode working.
<mounir> # Fine tuning the patch for above. Will send it to upstream shortly.
<mounir> sorry that was powertop
<pfefferz> hmmm...I wonder where there gi is
<mounir> anything else pfefferz ? let us move to the next topic
<mounir> #topic bugs
<pfefferz> guess not
<mounir> sorry still have few minutes only
<mounir> 88926 this one is fixed waiting on Richard to test,
<mounir> I wonder whether this one is really a critical bug
<mounir> 788926 is the correct bug
<mounir> bug 789093 needs an owner, I have sent a note to James_w to see who should handle
<ubot2> Launchpad bug 789093 in linaro-image-tools "linaro-android-media-create fails when not running as root" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/789093
<mounir> bug 803637 lee jones has updated the bug, waiting on St-Ericsson to deliver the startup file
<ubot2> Launchpad bug 803637 in linaro-landing-team-ste "Snowball hwpack missing startfiles.cfg" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/803637
<rsalveti> bug 88926, bug 788926
<ubot2> Launchpad bug 88926 in evolution "monthly calendar doesn't fit the print banner correctly" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/88926
<ubot2> Launchpad bug 788926 in linux-linaro-mx51 "[regression] imx51evk fails to boot to linux" [Critical,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/788926
<mounir> will not going to have time to go over the bp's one by one, maybe we should do it outside the meeting.
<rsalveti> mounir: what are you planning to review on the bps?
<rsalveti> if the headline and acceptence criteria is all set?
<rsalveti> or if everything is covered?
<mounir> rsalveti, per asac to tidy the bps' check whether they have headline, acceptance that sort of things
<rsalveti> mounir: guess we should have a meeting just for that
<rsalveti> or you review it first and then we have the meeting
<rsalveti> it's too much I'd say
<rsalveti> ubuntu + android is almost 40 bps
<mounir> rsalveti, but the truth is I am doubting this excerise benefit, since we ask the TL to deliver a Milestone page with Relase note which would have the headline anyway
<rsalveti> yes, but I guess what asac wanted is a review to see if the bp is ready to be implemented
<pfefferz> mounir, lets just do it
<rsalveti> like, having the details, proper WI list and so on
<rsalveti> so when it's on "approved" state, it really means it's ready to get done
<pfefferz> mounir, yes, rsalveti is very correct, we need to go through and make things professionsal
<mounir> ok - I will go over them first to have an idea where we are then will call a meeting, who should I invite for this?
<rsalveti> that's why he wanted a pm to review it
<pfefferz> mounir, its our delivery to the world
<rsalveti> maybe in the future the pm should be the one approving, after the TL thinks it's ok
<rsalveti> in theory the project owner shuold do it
<rsalveti> but currently that's on hands of the TL
<rsalveti> so for now just try to go over them, see if you think they are ok
<rsalveti> and for 11.08 we can discuss to see if we need to improve the process
<mounir> who should be on the invite to review? I think we should keep the attendance small then will take action to follow with TLs/PM's
<rsalveti> yeah, that should be more than enough
<tgall_foo> should it effectively both all those subscribed ?
<tgall_foo> s/both/be/
<tgall_foo> perhaps add a Review: line in it saying when / where the review will be such that those that do have an interest will at least know
<mounir> in the bp?
<tgall_foo> yes
<mounir> ok
<tgall_foo> least presuming you want some sort of meeting to do that kind of thing
<mounir> top of the hour, anything else to cover?
<james_w> yes
<james_w> I want to discuss whether we should do prebuilt images for 11.07
<james_w> we have the pieces in place now
<james_w> so someone could do this as part of the release process if we wanted
<james_w> this is where we release images that have gone through linaro-media-create already, so that they can be used with dd, to make it easier to try out our images
<mounir> james_w, that would be good to do, specially many of the idea to have something now to test and not to wait till the last minute
<james_w> the last minute being when?
<tgall_foo> is there someone that can be assigned the task ?
<mounir> end of the month last Thursday
<mounir> this month is  28 of July
<james_w> it's mainly a case of running a couple of rsyncs and a shell loop on a particular box
<rsalveti> james_w: what needs to get done to make this work for the release?
<james_w> so not a lot of effort
<tgall_foo> and we've got the diskspace in place ?
<james_w> we need to decide who is going to do it as part of the release
<james_w> make sure they can log in to the box
<james_w> write the small script to do it
<james_w> and then do it as part of the release process
<rsalveti> guess asac will be doing the release for this month
<james_w> as well as have the test run with the weekly testing next week
<mounir> when asac is back?
<james_w> we should be fine on disk space
<rsalveti> mounir: end of next week
<rsalveti> james_w: how complicated is to get access to this box?
<james_w> not complicated
<james_w> just needs an rt
<mounir> ooh - it would be one week before release
<rsalveti> so I believe from plat team we should get access for me and tgall_foo
<rsalveti> besides the release manager
<rsalveti> as this is mostly related with ubuntu I believe
<james_w> Zach wants it for Android too
<rsalveti> or should this also cover the android images?
<rsalveti> ok
<james_w> we don't quite have it working for that yet, but should be able to
<rsalveti> mounir: so we need an action to check who will be in charge for doing the release this month
<rsalveti> and also an action to discuss if the release manager for 11.07 can be the responsible for creating the images
<mounir> rsalveti, ok
<mounir> rsalveti, did fathi use to do it?
<rsalveti> fathi did the release, but this prebuilt images is something new
<mounir> james_w, will you submitt the RT?
<james_w> RT for what?
<james_w> I can submit one to request access for rsalveti and tgall_foo
<mounir> to access the box
<mounir> tgall_foo, ask for me please while you are at it
<mounir> I mean James_w sorry add my name while you are at it
<james_w> ok
<mounir> anything else?
<rsalveti> fine by me
<mounir> James_w, tgall_foo ?
<james_w> nope
<mounir> ok then - thank you all - have a good day

IRC Paste Text

#startmeeting
[LINK] https://wiki.linaro.org/Cycles/WeeklyReleaseMeeting/2011-MM-DD
[TOPIC] Announcements
[TOPIC] Action item review
[TOPIC] Image Status
[TOPIC] Bugs summary
[LINK] https://wiki.linaro.org/Cycles/WeeklyReleaseMeeting/2011-MM-DD#Bugs
[TOPIC] Progress Discusion
[TOPIC] AOB
#endmeeting

Cycles/WeeklyReleaseMeeting/2011-07-14 (last modified 2011-07-14 22:08:36)