EngineeringUnits/Management/Meetings
<< <  2019 / 4 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Techleads meetings: Mondays 5pm UTC and Thursdays 9:30am UTC

Agenda

Owner

Topic

your name here

add your own

Actions from previous meeting

  • CARRIEDOVER: Kiko to update the Openings page
  • CARRIEDOVER: Stephen to create a document to host the achievements from last cycle and then pass it to techleads
  • INPROGRESS: Joey to organize a discussion on release management process
  • ACTION: Kiko to send an email to describe the use cases for more transparent hwpacks contents

Attendees

  • David Rusling
  • Loïc Minier
  • James Westby
  • Joey Stanford
  • Andy Green
  • Paul Larson
  • Angus Ainslie
  • Vicky Janicki
  • Stephen Doel
  • Jesse Barker
  • Christian Reis
  • Ricardo Salveti

Minutes

  • DONE: Kiko to update the Openings page
  • INPROGRESS: Stephen to create a document to host the achievements from last cycle and then pass it to techleads
  • DONE: Joey to organize a discussion on release management process
    • There will be followups, but doesn't need tracking in techleads call
    • A bit though to discuss during PPR week
    • Alexander and Fathi participated in the discussion
    • Move to monthly milestones
    • Do we want just monthly sourcecode releases, or move everything to only monthly releases and no 6-monthly releases anymore
  • DONE: Kiko to send an email to describe the use cases for more transparent hwpacks contents
    • See linaro-dev@ "What do we want our hwpack sources" thread
  • Sprint coming up - Stephen
    • Tell your assignees should be booking *now*; should ask for visas ASAP
    • On the wiki we should start a broad schedule with bullet points of what will be going on; put some context on the main things which will be discussed (pure hacking is fine too, just document how the week will look like)
    • See Internal/Events/2011-08-LDS/Planning#Schedule

    • Comments by Friday
  • Roger has three Elba to donate - Vicky
    • Where should they go to?
      • Roger proposes power management, toolchain, graphics WG
      • Should find out which daughterboard it is: the one for power management focused developments, or for high CPU use?
      • Jesse interested *iff* there are drivers available for it
    • David offers to carry and ship around
    • Other options: validation, platform enablement
    • Could also find out whether platform enablement is worth it: do we want u-boot support (might come with builtin UEFI support directly loading linux), linux support probably already going upstream
    • Need to find out state of PCI; how far is it?
    • ACTION: Vicky to gather more information on Elba (which daugtherboard -- for PM or for CPU use etc., PCI status, graphics drivers, interest in platform enablement)
  • Public plan reviews
    • Beep got turned off last week
    • Good feedback so far
    • Operationally seems to go ok
    • Format could be updated for next series; audience participation isn't as welcome as it could be; there are some questions, but perhaps a one hour Q&A would be better

  • status.linaro.org
    • James helping tech leads get blueprints to appear there when there is an issue
    • Could imagine a service to tell people what's wrong with their blueprints
  • LinuxCon Japan - David

    • Spent quite a bit of time with Linus
    • Pretty happy with ARM tree effort
    • A bit of tension/stress over the whole story, which wasn't intended/needed
    • Questions on Linaro?
      • Seems to be doing good stuff, but didn't have too much of a look

Actions from this meeting

  • INPROGRESS: Stephen to create a document to host the achievements from last cycle and then pass it to techleads
  • ACTION: Vicky to gather more information on Elba (which daugtherboard -- for PM or for CPU use etc., PCI status, graphics drivers, interest in platform enablement)

EngineeringUnits/Management/Meetings/2011-06-06 (last modified 2011-06-06 16:38:26)