EngineeringUnits/Management/Meetings
<< <  2019 / 4 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

Techleads meetings: Mondays 5pm UTC and Thursdays 9:30am UTC

Agenda

Owner

Topic

Michael

GCC stable branch

David

Rooms for sprint

your name here

add your own

Actions from previous meeting

  • ACTION: Vicky will email this information to the tech leads
  • INPROGRESS: Stephen to create a document to host the achievements from last cycle and then pass it to techleads
  • INPROGRESS: Alexander to document the changes to the release cycle for devplatform
  • ACTION: Zach et al to work with Kiko organise discussions with the tech leads on the new process

Attendees

  • Andy Green
  • Christian Reis
  • David Rusling
  • Loïc Minier
  • Michael Hope
  • Alexander Sack
  • Amit Kucheria

Minutes

  • David on leave next week starting Friday; Kiko to chair the TSC call
  • DONE: Vicky to email information on Elba to the tech leads
  • OBSOLETE: Stephen to create a document to host the achievements from last cycle and then pass it to techleads
  • INPROGRESS: Ricardo to document the changes to the release cycle for devplatform
    • (Moved action from Alexander; Ricardo was too busy to do it last week but should be ok next week)
    • Related is the form of the announcement
    • 11.11 / oneiric images: Alexander will ask Ricardo about them
    • Common release dates for monthly outputs
      • Michael has been leading by example there, so should follow his approach
    • Testing stuff together
      • Can update components shortly after the release
      • QEMU prime example of how bad it can be (trivial kernel change can require delveopment of a new QEMU release)
    • Looking for open questions / feedback on the slides; please send questions to Alexander
  • EHCI regressed on OMAP with GCC 4.6 over 4.5; TI landing team has a fix in their tree
  • GCC stable branch
    • Ubuntu pushing for this; Michael thinks it's a good idea
    • What to do next?
    • Is this the best investment we can make to convince other distros to use Linaro GCC?
      • Blueprints to offer Linaro GCC to OE and Android
    • The exact start date for the stable cycles doesn't really matter, pick one distro
    • How do we get this approved?
    • Was this documented?
      • Yes, wiki and bp
    • 6 months or 1 year?
    • What's the advantage over FSF?
    • How many series would have a long term supported release
    • Will split the amount of testing between the development and stable products
    • Does it need decision from management? TSC?
      • Michael can probably take this freedom himself
    • ACTION: Michael to document pros and cons and send it out to linaro lists and get in touch with potential audience
  • Rooms for the sprint; which room to attribute to which team
    • ACTION: Each techlead to nag assignees to book + confirm their attendance to the sprint
    • Toolchain would need around 12 people, but doesn't need a conference phone
    • PWMG would need about 7 (+1-2 visitors) people + equipment
  • Limitation around travel
    • Some people are seriously limited in their travel
    • Seems to affect some 10 people or so
    • Used to be that we required UDS and tended to allow skipping the sprint, but now moving to quarterly cadence
    • Should we require this in the contracts?
    • Kiko to bring it up to management

Actions from this meeting

  • INPROGRESS: Ricardo to document the changes to the release cycle for devplatform
  • ACTION: Michael to document pros and cons and send it out to linaro lists and get in touch with potential audience
  • ACTION: Each techlead to nag assignees to book + confirm their attendance to the sprint

EngineeringUnits/Management/Meetings/2011-06-16 (last modified 2011-06-16 10:57:27)