About Linaro Connect
This page includes some things to think about before attending events like Linaro Connect as well as some resources you may need.
What Connects Are For
- Discussing and planning work for the next engineering cycle
- Tackling big problems face-to-face
- Meeting other people doing interesting work related to you
If you to view which sessions will take place at Linaro Connect USA 2013 you can use the Zerista tool to view the sessions, create your schedule and book meetings. Linaro Connect 2013 schedule: http://lcu-13.zerista.com/event/summary?group=location&owner=other&owner_id=524321
There is a helpful user guide if you are new to Zerista - http://www.linaro.org/assets/common/Zerista_How_To_Guide_for_LCU13.pdf
The presentation template for LCU13 has been created. Please use this template to create any presentations that you will give at Connect.
Templates for LCU-13 can be found here(https://drive.google.com/a/linaro.org/?tab=mo#folders/0B8WY9WHS78ecNWpxcDZ4eVU5dVk). There are templates for Google Docs and Microsoft Powerpoint. Note that there are 2 versions of each template: *SD = 4:3 standard aspect ratio; *HD = 16:9 widescreen
Use HD if you have a widescreen display and if you are in the main session rooms. Use SD if you are in a smaller room.
If you are presenting at LCU13 please post your presentation here(https://drive.google.com/a/linaro.org/?tab=mo#folders/0B8WY9WHS78ecbEp5TEd5TE1Zazg) when it is final - All presentations are due by Tuesday October 22, 2013. .
Linaro Logos and images
- If you would like to use the Linaro logo or any images from prior Connects for your presentation you may download them here.
Linaro Logo: http://www.linaro.org/linux-on-arm/newsroom/resources-for-press Images from prior Linaro Connects: http://www.flickr.com/photos/linaroorg/
Brand and Color Guidelines
- If you have questions about Linaro's brand and color guidelines you can find answers here about our policies.
Linaro Brand Guide: http://www.linaro.org/assets/common/Linaro_Style_and_Color_Guide_May_2013.pdf
If you are looking for information about past Linaro Connects you can find a list with more information here - http://www.linaro.org/connect-lcu13/welcome/past-and-future-linaro-connects
If you are looking for old presentations or videos from prior Connects you can visit the Connect Resources page - http://www.linaro.org/connect-lcu13/resources
Below are some helpful tips on how to get more out of each Linaro Connect.
Nominate a person to take notes
- Each session will have a collaborative editing tool for everyone to make notes. Everyone should be encouraged to participate. However, you should make sure one person is in charge of taking notes (especially recording actions). Its also a good idea to have two people in the roles of "session lead" and "note taker". Most people aren't able to effectively do both.
Summarize actions at the end
- Before the session ends, you should go over the actions and make sure people are aware of what is needed from them. Its also important to keep an eye on the clock during the session so that you:
- have time at the end to do this
- make sure you cover all the important topics you need to discuss for the session
Events/Connect-Tips (last modified 2013-09-26 21:34:48)