The Platform Specific Timetable contains also some additional events that may be interesting for the platform team to attend.

Pre-Built EC2 image with Linaro useful tools available

David Gilbert came with the idea of creating a pre-built EC2 image with all the useful Linaro tools already installed and available.

For the session:

  • Understand how useful such image can be
  • What kind of tools should be available
  • How to produce EC2 images
  • How often such image should be updated

Session Leader: David Gilbert

Etherpad: http://pad.ubuntu.com/ep/pad/create?padId=linaro-connect-q3-prebuilt-ec2-images

Time restriction: Mon/Wed/Fri afternoons only (after about 1 until about 6ish).

Kernel Packaging for Linaro images

There's a usual request for people to make different kernel trees available as packages, so it can be integrated with the Ubuntu images and make them behave like the linux-linaro kernel packages provided by the Platform Team.

For the session:

  • Understand the use cases and requirements from the working groups
  • Explain how the current packages are created and maintained
  • Show how that's used with the current LTs, and also request feedback from them.
  • Understand if they are also interested at the Ubuntu sauce or just packaging
  • Shouldn't we just use/improve the upstream deb-pkg rules?
  • Requirements from Ubuntu, at the kernel package perspective:
    • Headers
    • Meta packages, to help with package updates
    • Work with flash-kernel

Session Leader: John Rigby

Etherpad: http://pad.ubuntu.com/linaro-connect-q3-platform-kernel-packaging

Attendees:

  • PMWG
  • KWG
  • LTs

ARM Porting Jam: current status, problems and how to improve it

For the session:

  • Explain current method
  • Go over the difficulties of getting more people to help during the porting jams
  • Discuss what can be done to improve it in general, like how to present the bugs, how to communicate better the progress and how to get more people to participate

Session Leaders: Riku and Ricardo

Etherpad: http://pad.ubuntu.com/linaro-connect-q3-arm-porting-jam

Cross Toolchain and Ubuntu: stable x dev releases

Since previous UDS, it was agreed between the TWG and Ubuntu a plan to work with stable releases once the feature freeze is reached during usual Ubuntu development.

This is better described at https://wiki.linaro.org/MichaelHope/Sandbox/StableBranch, and as it's going to affect us for 11.08 already, think better how should we keep doing the updates until Oneiric is released.

For the session:

  • Describe how the cross packages are created
  • The dependency against the upstream gcc packages
  • How the backports is done
  • Discuss if we should also follow Ubuntu or keep with the development releases
    • What is the additional work to always follow it?
  • What to do with the backport updates?

Session Leader: Marcin

Etherpad: http://pad.ubuntu.com/linaro-connect-q3-cross-toolchain-ubuntu-stable

Attendees:

  • TWG

Launchpad Derivative Distributions: Ubuntu LEB use case

Currently all the Linaro changes against the Ubuntu stable releases are done in the Overlay PPA, but this is known to not work perfectly well for the way we want to use it (as we want to have control over what gets updated).

For the session:

  • Describe the usage of the Overlay and the problems when working with it
  • Explain current state of the Derivative Distributions feature at Launchpad
  • How can it help
  • When are we able to switch?

Session Leaders: Ricardo

Etherpad: http://pad.ubuntu.com/linaro-connect-q3-derivativedistro

Attendees:

  • Infrastructure?

CI: Integrating and working with Linaro WG/LT deliverables

For the session:

  • What's needed from Launchpad and how to work with daily PPAs
    • How to do per-commit/daily updates
  • Go over the most important packages
  • Discuss how it should be done
  • What are the requirements
  • What we expect from the LT/WG, what kind of support and such

Session Leader: Team

Etherpad: http://pad.ubuntu.com/ep/pad/create?padId=linaro-connect-q3-ci-integration-ubuntu

Attendees:

  • Infrastructure
  • Validation

Ubuntu/Working groups: current usage of the platform, difficulties and what can be improved

For the session:

  • Understand the use cases and requirements from the WG/LT
  • Identify the current issues and if the tools/process is blocking the development

Session Leader: Team

Etherpad: http://pad.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-wgs

Attendees:

  • WGs
  • LTs

Ubuntu LEB: future planning

For the Session:

  • Brainstorm: Ideas and suggestions for what may be interesting to develop and integrate in the future.
  • Suggestions:
    • Boot speed
    • Disk size optimization for the packages
    • SDK
    • Android integration

Session Leader: Team

Etherpad: http://pad.ubuntu.com/ep/pad/create?padId=linaro-connect-q3-ubuntu-leb-future-planning

Cross build: current state and future planning

For the session:

  • Explain current state and what was improved over the last few months
  • How to break into short, middle and long term developments
  • How to make the tools available for users? PPA?
  • ALIP: How to properly manage it, also how to connect ti with stable/development releases

Session Leader: Riku

Etherpad: http://pad.ubuntu.com/linaro-connect-q3-crossbuild

U-Boot development and maintenance

For the session:

  • Explain the current development process
  • Stable x Unstable/development releases
  • How to deliver useful features that are not yet upstream?

Session Leader: John

Etherpad: http://pad.ubuntu.com/linaro-connect-q3-uboot

Kernel Packaging: Ubuntu sauce and config set

For the session:

  • Show how John currently covers the way he's building the kernel
  • Ubuntu Sauce, what is important?
  • And usual usb devices? Shouldn't we also build them as modules?

Session Leader: John

Etherpad: http://pad.ubuntu.com/linaro-connect-q3-ubuntu-kernel

Ubuntu and LAVA: what's currently available and how to improve it

For this session:

  • Explain the work done with the Bootchart integration at LAVA
  • What test tools are already available at LAVA
  • Identify additional use cases and tests that would be useful to have at LAVA

Session Leader: Avik

Etherpad: http://pad.ubuntu.com/linaro-connect-q3-ubuntu-lava

Attendees:

  • Validation

Events/LinaroConnectQ3.11/Platform/Sessions (last modified 2011-08-03 08:40:58)