Parent

<< <  2019 / 4 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30          

EU/Asia Call

Attendance

  • Andrea Gallo
  • Anmar Oueija
  • Fathi Boudra
  • Ilias Biris
  • Leif Lindholm
  • Rony Nandy
  • Ryan Harkin
  • Steve Capper
  • Steve McIntyre

Agenda

  • Go over actions from last meeting
  • 12.12 release

  • Engineering builds
  • Around the table - updates and other points to be raised

Actions From Last Meeting

  • CARRIEDOVER: Al to look into getting the list of Fedora packages which are dependent on inline assembly and would need to be reworked for ARM servers.
  • CARRIEDOVER: Al to start breaking down the ACPI for ARMv7 to have something usable and demonstrable by Connect @ Hong Kong. Al should start breaking down into tasks to look then at how to start working with the cards with Ilias.
  • CARRIEDOVER: Rony to send the LAVA scripts for UEFI testing on Origen to Dave Pigott, and review the corresponding card with Ilias so that it can be closed. - INPROGRESS, the latest scripts are now being reviewed by Dave Pigott, a blueprint has been created on LAVA team side. Will pull the updates from the tarball sent by Rony and create a script to apply on top of LAVA trunk.
    • As a consideration for the future we need to make sure to follow the documented process (ACTION for Fathi to provide guidelines on submitting code to LAVA).
  • CARRIEDOVER: Steve McIntyre should document his effort with the inline assembly dependent packages under the LEG Engineering wiki pages. TODO

  • ACTION: Ilias should write up in the wiki about how the planning + roadmap process are implemented in LEG - TODO
  • ACTION Ilias to promote CARD-239 into a standard roadmap card - DONE

  • ACTION Andrea/Ilias to add the comments from Andrea to CARD-173 and request a change to update the card (perhaps need to split it in order to close with respect to what is already done). DONE

  • ACTION Andrea to add comments to the card CARD-211 regarding mentioning not only ARM but also x86 assembly dependencies. DONE
  • ACTION: Anmar should add the Arndale as a platform for CARD-174 - INPROGRESS

  • ACTION: Anmar to discuss with Alexander on what is the division of the validation work as described in CARD-240 - TODO

  • ACTION: Anmar to move the ACPI points (8,9) from CARD-239 into a separate card - with the several steps in getting ACPI to work - DONE
  • ACTION: Anmar to check related to Al (when is he going to be full-time, when can he start on ACPI and also ask on the right Fedora build to use) - had a discussion - ongoing needs resolution. TODO
  • ACTION Ilias to clarify CARD-214 with Loic. INPROGRESS - trying to get that feedback from Loic

  • ACTION: Steve to add work items to CARD-234, CARD-235. TODO

Actions From This Meeting

  • CARRIEDOVER: Rony to send the LAVA scripts for UEFI testing on Origen to Dave Pigott, and review the corresponding card with Ilias so that it can be closed. - INPROGRESS, the latest scripts are now being reviewed by Dave Pigott, a blueprint has been created on LAVA team side. Will pull the updates from the tarball sent by Rony and create a script to apply on top of LAVA trunk.
    • As a consideration for the future we need to make sure to follow the documented process (ACTION for Fathi to provide guidelines on submitting code to LAVA).
    • The scripts provided by Rony actually test UEFI on Origen - this is a deliverable for the prework done at OCTO, and can be used to establish the automatic testing of UEFI on a platform where it works (Arndale UEFI is work in progress for now)
  • CARRIEDOVER: Steve McIntyre should document his effort with the inline assembly dependent packages under the LEG Engineering wiki pages. TODO

  • CARRIEDOVER: Ilias should write up in the wiki about how the planning + roadmap process are implemented in LEG - TODO
  • CARRIEDOVER: Anmar should add the Arndale as a platform for CARD-174 - INPROGRESS

  • CARRIEDOVER: Anmar to discuss with Alexander on what is the division of the validation work as described in CARD-240 - TODO

  • CARRIEDOVER: Anmar to check related to Al (when is he going to be full-time, when can he start on ACPI and also ask on the right Fedora build to use) - had a discussion - ongoing needs resolution. TODO
  • CARRIEDOVER: Ilias to clarify CARD-214 with Loic. INPROGRESS - trying to get that feedback from Loic

  • CARRIEDOVER: Steve to add work items to CARD-234, CARD-235.

  • ACTION: Fathi to provide guideline on submitting code to LAVA.
  • ACTION: Fathi to sort out Leif's questions about LEG specific use cases (no SD card, Hard Drive, installer, PXE boot requirement) wrt tools.
  • ACTION: Leif - Ensure to include NUMA test suite (PoC: Leif/StevenC) once we have NUMA topic branch. It's along the lines linux-linaro test coverage and Deepak's kernel test suite (ktest - http://elinux.org/Ktest).

  • ACTION: ALL - review the 12.12 Release plan and update or ask questions related to the engineering deliverables.

  • ACTION: Leif to look in to the list of requirements for PXE boot
  • ACTION: Ilias/Anmar get the engineering build requirements as defined as possible by end of wk49.2012 (card in JIRA)
  • ACTION: Leif to add a JIRA subtask to cover the effort for automating NUMA testing with LAVA.

Issues

Meeting minutes

  • Going through action points from the previous meeting - please see the relevant section in these minutes
  • Discussing the 12.12 Release plan

    • Context: we are doing a release already in 12.12 in order to comply with the announcement which came together with the creation of LEG
    • In the document we have a list of the dates to follow:
      • Cut off date (Freeze) - Thursday, Dec 13th
      • Release date - Dec 20th
      • Please note this is a 1-off release since we are still forming as a team and defining the release schedule.

    • The team should also review this document and update or ask questions related to the engineering deliverables.
    • Marketing deliverables are not of concern for the team - worst case there may be some need to verify that the content of the marketing release is technically correct.
    • Need to add points of contact for each of the engineering deliverables in the release plan
    • Huge-pages and hugetlbfs are missing from the document - need to add those bullet points
  • Discussing a bit more the requirements for the engineering builds

    • What will the deliverable be in the engineering build:
      • Target is Arndale and Calxeda system.
      • Quantal Ubuntu server will be used.
      • OPEN: linaro image tools need LEG support. We need to put some effort to define what should be there for l-i-t.
      • OPEN: need to list of requirements for PXE boot (what we need and how to provide it for the eng build which will be used by LAVA and the image tools). ACTION: Leif to look in to the list of requirements for PXE boot.
        • The PXE boot requirements are going to be used in the same way by LAVA or the release team to bootstrap images with l-i-t.
    • Would the 12.12 release for Ubuntu be used as a continuation for the engineering builds? Currently 12.12 is targeted as a 1-off and will be evaluated on how it can be reused. ACTION: get the engineering build requirements as defined as possible by end of wk49.2012 (card in JIRA)
  • Other topics
    • Scanning packages for inline assembly dependencies. Al has posted a list of the Fedora packages. Steve will discuss with Al on the list of packages.

      • Al has also moved scanning tools in git: git://fedorapeople.org/~ahs3/portdep.git
    • Testing NUMA ongoing (using NUMA unit tests (which come with the user space NUMA tools plus some more stability tests added by Steve). Other than manual testing we should start building infrastructure to validate the NUMA work using LAVA. There is now effort in Kernel to improve validation coverage integrating more tests with LAVA - perhaps the NUMA testing could be integrated as part of that effort. ACTION Leif to add a JIRA subtask to cover the effort for automating NUMA testing with LAVA.
    • Please remember to update your current subtask progress in JIRA every Wednesday to allow automated reports for the progress to be generated. If there is no progress updates input there is no content for the reports to be put together.

US Call

Attendance

  • Andrea Gallo
  • Anmar Oueija
  • Al Stone

Agenda

  • Dec release
  • HipHop list of depenencies

Minutes

  • December release
    • ACPI will not happen due to time constraints
    • Target is to build the Fedora 64bit distro using Linaro toolchain and kernel
      • [ ] Al will attempt to push it through while on vacation (weeks 49 and 50)
    • HipHop list of dependencies

      • Partially available. Possible trouble from libboost
      • [ ] Al to contact the Facebook engineer responsible to determine final availability of dependecies
      • This will also help Facebook decide on whether to use OpenEmbedded 64bit or Fedora 64bit for their development and testing purposes.

Actions

  • TODO: Al will attempt to setup a Fedora 64bit build using Linaro kernel and toolchain while on vacation (weeks 49 and 50)
  • TODO: Al to contact the Facebook engineer responsible to determine the final availability of HipHop dependecies

LEG/Engineering/Meetings/2012-11-29 (last modified 2012-11-29 18:04:47)