Include: Nothing found for "^## meetings$"!

Include: Nothing found for "^## end-meetings$"!

Android Engineering

Getting Started

We also maintain several Android How To's as well as a list of Linaro specific links used by the team and a Library.

About

Our primary goals are to:

You can monitor our development roadmap efforts on launchpad.

Contact us

Agenda

  • LDS
  • Current tasks
  • Left over work from last cycle
  • Snowball

Past Action items

  • None

Action Items


Engineers Reports

Zach Pfeffer pfefferz

Highlights

  • Attended UDS/LDS, ran sessions, met the team and got Blueprints together.
  • Debugging whats wrong with GFX on Panda gingerbread/

Plans

  • Work on Blueprints
  • Debug GFX on Panda
  • Start planning snowball

Issues

  • Need people.

Patrik Ryd <patrikryd>

Highlights

Plans

  • Work on Blueprints
  • Solve #747911 linaro-generic[panda]: init.omap4.sh not executable

Issues

  • I miss the cakes and deserts in Budapest. :(

  • Caught a cold in Budapest. :(


Jeremy Chang <jeremychang>

Highlights

Plans

Issues

  • N/A


Jim Huang <jserv-->

Highlights

Plans

Issues

  • In May, I might not be able to work for Linaro full time. Blocked by certain personal issues.


IRC logs

Meeting opened by pfefferz at 09:00

  • patrikryd waves

    <fabo> hi

  • pfefferz waves

    <pfefferz> who do we have?

    <jeremychang> hello

    <pfefferz> hi jeremy

    <jeremychang> Hi!

    <pfefferz> I saw patrik and fabo

    <pfefferz> anyone else?

    <pfefferz> okay lets get going, jim already mentioned that he wouldn't be here

    <pfefferz> [TOPIC] LDS

LDS

  • <pfefferz> Did everyone get home okay?

  • jeremychang arrived yesterday afternoon.

    <pfefferz> cool

    <fabo> from Android team, we lost asac -> sick

    <pfefferz> On LDS/UDS. I thought it went pretty good.

    <pfefferz> One thing that I should have covered better was getting commitments from all the WGs and platfrom teams about Android deliverables

    <pfefferz> We have some good things to work on, but we still need to finish up builds

    <pfefferz> I'll get some things together and create a couple of new BPs to address the things I didn't in UDS/LDS

    <pfefferz> hang on...

    <pfefferz> brb

  • patrikryd just received my snowball !!! :)

    <pfefferz> okay, back

    <pfefferz> okay...I'm going to create BPs for Beagle xM, Pandaboard and Snowball

    <pfefferz> LEBs...and list all the status there.

    <pfefferz> [TOPIC] Current tasks

Current tasks

  • <pfefferz> I sent out a few tasks, mostly doc stuff

    <pfefferz> Patrik has a tasks to document what runs on each build

    <patrikryd> how detailed do you want that?

    <pfefferz> Jeremy has documenting and running each build locally

    <pfefferz> I just want a baseline

    <pfefferz> I'm going to link the info to the BP

    <pfefferz> same thing with Jeremy's work about building everything locvally

    <pfefferz> and jim's work about building and testing the toolchain

    <patrikryd> I'll start on something and you can have a look and tell me if you want more details.

    <pfefferz> cool

    <pfefferz> Jeremy, did you have any questions?

    <pfefferz> about cleaning up local build docs?

    <jeremychang> pfefferz, for what you want for me to document Pulling Panda-LEB, that's also basically for 11.05 ?

    <pfefferz> right...

    <pfefferz> but I'd like you to do it on Beagle xM to, and start a page for Snowball

    <pfefferz> The number one priority for this group is making sure that builds are going through the build service every day, they are getting validated and that they can be built locally

    <pfefferz> and all of that is written down and the steps work.

    <pfefferz> If anyone sees soemthing else that's out of date please fix it up

    <jeremychang> pfefferz, I will start from arranging the main wiki page https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Android

    <pfefferz> cool

    <jeremychang> pfefferz, I don't have a snowball here.

    <pfefferz> do you have one on the way?

    <jeremychang> pfefferz, I don't think so.

    <pfefferz> okay...

    <pfefferz> fabo: do you handle getting hardware?

    <fabo> pfefferz: yes, I'll take care of the request

    <pfefferz> cool, thanks

    <pfefferz> [ACTION] fabo to get jeremychang a snowball

fabo to get jeremychang a snowball

  • <fabo> pfefferz: could record the assigned tasks (documentation, etc...)

    <fabo> +you

    <pfefferz> you mean on the Wiki?

    <pfefferz> I will

    <pfefferz> in a few hours...its 4 AM here

    <pfefferz> moving on

    <fabo> no, something like [ACTION] document what runs on each build by Patryk

    <fabo> but yes, move on :)

    <pfefferz> oh

    <pfefferz> yeah...let me send those in irc

    <pfefferz> [ACTION] patrikryd: go through each build thats getting built and document

patrikryd: go through each build thats getting built and document

  • <pfefferz> what runs on each build.

    <fabo> thanks

    <pfefferz> [ACTION] jeremychang: pulling a Panda_LEB build ASAP. I'd like you to:

jeremychang: pulling a Panda_LEB build ASAP. I'd like you to:

  • <pfefferz> [ACTION] jeremychang: Document and test each step.

jeremychang: Document and test each step.

  • <pfefferz> [ACTION] jeremychang: Document on the same page where the kernel, toolchain and Android

jeremychang: Document on the same page where the kernel, toolchain and Android

  • <pfefferz> components are coming from.

    <pfefferz> [ACTION] jim: document building the toolchain and building Android

jim: document building the toolchain and building Android

  • <pfefferz> with the linaro toolchain locally.

    <pfefferz> [ACTION] jim: Please list and test each step.

jim: Please list and test each step.

  • <pfefferz> [ACTION] jim: Please identify where each component is coming from.

jim: Please identify where each component is coming from.

  • <pfefferz> one more action for you jeremy

    <pfefferz> please document running the validation locally and getting results in the cloud

    <pfefferz> [ACTION] jeremychang: please document running the validation locally and getting results in the

jeremychang: please document running the validation locally and getting results in the

  • <pfefferz> +cloud'

    <pfefferz> [TOPIC] Left over work from the last cycle

Left over work from the last cycle

  • <pfefferz> There are a few things left over as far as I can tell, please correct me if I'm wrong

    <pfefferz> Validation hasn't been 100% integrated in the autobuilds, right Jeremy?

    <jeremychang> pfefferz, no

    <jeremychang> pfefferz, the build service is not integrated with validation yet.

    <pfefferz> okay...would you write down what isn't done

    <pfefferz> and <fabo> would you start getting people lined up to finish that task?

    <pfefferz> we just need something

    <pfefferz> I'm working on the Panda-LEB graphics stuff

    <pfefferz> had a minor break through yesterday

    <fabo> pfefferz: ok, I'll see what I can do

    <pfefferz> thanks

    <pfefferz> [ACTION/ fabo: drive validation/build integration to completion

    <pfefferz> [ACTION] fabo: drive validation/build integration to completion

fabo: drive validation/build integration to completion

  • <pfefferz> Patrik, what do you have outstanding?

    <patrikryd> good question... let me think...

    <pfefferz> whatever you've got, post it...and then work with fabo to get it done

    <patrikryd> I have some things that are postponed in my blueprints

    <pfefferz> Jeremy, please ask Jim to do the same thing

    <pfefferz> okay

    <patrikryd> like "Remove all trace of the roottarball target"

    <patrikryd> and "Check that make clean work as expected"

    <patrikryd> and some bugs

    <pfefferz> okay...those sounds like they can be cleared out

    <pfefferz> [TOPIC] snowball

snowball

  • <pfefferz> We've got to get a Snowball-LEB out.

    <jeremychang> pfefferz, sorry, I just leave a while...

    <pfefferz> [ACTION] Zach to get a plan together for Snowball LEB

Zach to get a plan together for Snowball LEB

  • <pfefferz> Jeremy, I just asked you to ask jim what his back logs is

    <pfefferz> and work with <fbo> on anything that has dependecies on other people

    <patrikryd> We need a delivery either from igloocomunity (movial) or the ST-Ericsson landing team.

    <pfefferz> s/<fbo>/<fabo>/

    <pfefferz> patrikryd: right

    <jeremychang> pfalcon, besides the documentation stuff , I will focus on validation items as list on https://launchpad.net/linaro-android/+milestone/linaro-11.05-final

    <jeremychang> pfalcon, sorry, typo.

    <jeremychang> pfefferz, besides the documentation stuff , I will focus on validation items as list on https://launchpad.net/linaro-android/+milestone/linaro-11.05-final

    <pfalcon> np ;-)

    <pfalcon> Hello everyone!

    <jeremychang> pfalcon, hello!

    <pfefferz> [ACTION] fabo: get the landing team and/or movial contacts and dist worked out

fabo: get the landing team and/or movial contacts and dist worked out

  • <pfalcon> and you guys make sure you include me in gerrit plans

    <pfefferz> [ACTION] pfalcon: start to sort out a basic Gerrit system with Patrik

pfalcon: start to sort out a basic Gerrit system with Patrik

  • <pfefferz> thanks for volenteering pfalcon

    <pfefferz> :)

    <pfalcon> thanks ;-)

    <fabo> :)

    <pfefferz> okay, time is moving quickly...

    <pfefferz> Lets review.

    <pfefferz> Priorities:

    <pfefferz> 1. Get doc tasks done, we need this to work with the builds correctly.

    <pfefferz> 2. Clear back log, especially validation...

    <pfefferz> 3. Get snowball people lined up

    <pfefferz> 4. Start new tasks (Gerrit, more validation, Snowball LEB)

    <pfefferz> our number one priority is getting builds out the door

    <pfefferz> okay, 6 mins

    <pfefferz> lets go around the room

    <pfefferz> Patrik, anything else?

    <patrikryd> just a minute ago prio one was documents. :)

    <pfefferz> hehe, docs are part of the getting builds out the door :)

    <pfefferz> jeremychang, anything?

    <pfefferz> fabo?

    <fabo> pfefferz: as a reminder, we have to work on specs drafting, BPs and WIs. James W. proposed to help for this task.

    <fabo> don't forget to keep some time for this

    <pfefferz> right, would you get an email together

    <pfefferz> right...

    <jeremychang> pfefferz, it's ok. we can write down detail on blueprints

    <pfefferz> as fabo points out, in addition to clearing the backlog and working on docs we also need to get our BP stuff....

    <fabo> the time frame is 2 weeks post LDS

    <pfefferz> I've started to go through everything...if everyone could add info to the ones that interest them

    <pfefferz> I'll be going through everything and fleshing out details

    <pfefferz> I went through everything yesterday can got all the action tiems worked out...fabo, I;ll send you a mail

    <fabo> thanks :)

    <pfefferz> np, sent out an email yesterday

    <jeremychang> Sorry, I gotta leave. I will follow up the meeting log.

    <pfefferz> okay, we're out of time

    <pfefferz> I'll send out the meeting notes in a bit

    <pfefferz> please update status

    <pfefferz> #endmeeting


Meeting closed at 10:02

People Present

  • patrikryd
  • fabo
  • pfefferz
  • jeremychang
  • pfalcon

Actions Recorded

  • fabo to get jeremychang a snowball
  • patrikryd: go through each build thats getting built and document
  • jeremychang: pulling a Panda_LEB build ASAP. I'd like you to:
  • jeremychang: Document and test each step.
  • jeremychang: Document on the same page where the kernel, toolchain and Android
  • jim: document building the toolchain and building Android
  • jim: Please list and test each step.
  • jim: Please identify where each component is coming from.
  • jeremychang: please document running the validation locally and getting results in the
  • fabo: drive validation/build integration to completion
  • Zach to get a plan together for Snowball LEB
  • fabo: get the landing team and/or movial contacts and dist worked out
  • pfalcon: start to sort out a basic Gerrit system with Patrik

Platform/Android/Meetings/2011-05-18 (last modified 2011-05-20 14:40:29)