LAVA - Developer Platform Test Suite
Planning for Basic Enablement Testing
TSC Card for Q4.11: https://linaro-public.papyrs.com/public/4119/LINUX2011-ENABLEMENT-TESTING
Additional hardware enablement and tag support at Lava planned for January/February, but first we need to have the proper description of what is needed and how it'll be used.
Blueprint to define a test suite for the dev platform team - 11.12 cycle:
- Skeleton for test suite, one or two tests, set up for LAVA
- Beginning list for tests on images and what hardware is required for the lab
- Can use the current list of tests we run against the RC images (as a start)
How to target a specific job for a board:
- There's a proposal to have tags for boards, with features, so you could push a job against a tag set.
Next steps to move this forward:
- Starting with the test development, to properly understand what are the hw requirements
- Have a list of all the test cases we need to develop, so we can then check which ones actually depends on additional hw
- Have a test suite for the dev plat form team, with stub and so on
- For each test, like usb-storage and such, have the description of what will be tested an how
- Discuss the test cases with Paul once they are done, so we can check the hw requirements
LAVA Changes needed:
Tagging for specifying device attributes in scheduler: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/lava-scheduler/+spec/linaro-validation-scheduler-tagging
- Can workaround this in the meantime by specifying a specific machine, or making sure we have sufficient hardware added to cover all boards
Recommendation: create stub for testsuite with some simple tests, get it running under lava, expand it as we go
Investigate what is already part of the Start Raiting defition.
Platform/DevPlatform/Lava/TestSuite (last modified 2011-11-29 01:37:02)