Wednesday 15 Sep 2010

People Present

  • TBA
  • slangasek
  • JamieBennett

  • dmart
  • hrw
  • jcrigby
  • ppearse
  • wookey
  • npitre

Agenda

  • Review action items from last meeting
  • Blueprint status
  • Blueprint

    Assignee

    arm-m-ael-alip-evaluation

    ppearse

    arm-m-cross-compilers

    hrw

    arm-m-kernel-version-alignment

    npitre, jcrigby

    spec completed; ongoing work tracking bugfixes, preparation of the next "next" tree

    arm-m-memory-footprint

    dmart

    arm-m-missing-security-features

    npitre

    Ubuntu kernel security testsuite now enabled on armel; feature complete except for /dev/mem, SECCOMP (SECCOMP in progress)

    arm-m-uboot-features-and-performance

    jcrigby

    arm-m-xdeb-cross-compilation-environment

    wookey

    foundations-m-multiarch-support

    slangasek

    archive delivery postponed, peripheral work ongoing

  • TBA

Action Items from this Meeting

  • TBA

Action Items from Previous Meeting

  • slangasek to follow up on bug #623478 for sponsorship
  • npitre to give jcrigby feedback on devicetree u-boot patches
  • slangasek to post DebConf 10 gobby notes publically

  • slangasek to nudge Keybuk to review bootchart changes rather than redirecting to upstream, since Ubuntu and upstream are quite out of sync
  • jcrigby, dmart to follow up on getting linux-tools to build in linaro kernel package

Minutes

  • TBA

Status Reports

Jamie Bennett (JamieBennett)

This Week

Release
  • Lots of bug tracking and prodding people nicely to get bugs fixes done before Final Freeze.

Process
  • Produced a "How we plan a cycle" presentation. Will be circulated to hopefully answer some questions on a high level about the release cycle and planning.

Hardware Enablement
  • Liaising with ARM on Versatile Express issues. Matt is filing bug reports and we are getting good reports and investigations from the ARM VExpress team.
  • Hardware pack discussions.

Development
  • Pushed a small change to the work item tracker, some discussion about some of my changes.
  • Seed issues and investigations. Pushed some fixes but overall some heads still don't build. Waiting on Hardware Packs before further investigations.

Meetings
  • UDS planning meetings.
  • Talked with mwaddel to discuss VExpress, Anmar a few times to sync, weekly foundations meeting, Linaro release meeting and Ubuntu release meeting.
  • Twice monthly call with ARM to discuss Linaro: Notes.

Misc
  • Booked travel for sprint next Jan.

Future

  • Lots of bug triage and blueprint tracking.

Peter Pearse

Progress

  • arm-m-ael-alip-evaluation
    • Got VersatileExpress going

      • Booted linaro headless
      • Installed linaro alip
      • Built & ran linaro u-boot code

    • Build v7-a t2 (standard linaro) toolchain from Marcin's cross toolchain packages
    • Set up some repos internally
    • Karmic machine upgraded to Lucid
  • Got my correct business cards
  • arm-m-ael-alip-appman-ext
    • None this week

Issues

  • No display from linaro headless, even with Catalin's kernel

Plans

  • arm-m-ael-alip-evaluation
    • Continue work item "Use cross-compiler binaries with xdeb"
      • Tryout Loic's black listing suggestion for mesa
    • Get display working on VExpress
    • Setup local repository & stock with patched sources, v5/v6 binaries

    • Tag existing cross bugs
  • arm-m-ael-alip-appman-ext
    • Produce new scripts

Marcin Juszkiewicz

armel-cross-toolchain took whole time - it builds fine, results are available in my PPA, old repository is now deprecated. Since wednesday I did lot of cleanups and improvements.

At the end of day I released 1.34 and 1.46 versions - they will be uploaded to PPA on Monday (after gcc-4.5 release). That's because mangling of versions got removed and ppa contains mangled gcc-4.5 packages.

Some extra patches got merged into gcc packaging - cleanups and fixes. Mostly cosmetic but my packages were broken without them.

Also started wiki page to collect all data needed for applying for Ubuntu developer membership - address was given to Luic on #linaro if you want to look.

Wookey

Progress

  • Wrote and Gave Debconf10 talk at Doughnut session. Went well.
  • Went to Opentech in London - lots of really good stuff
  • Cross-toolchains became available in a PPA last week - (need to update multistrap default config accordingly)
  • Wrote simple-minded autobuilder to try building all of linaro-alip with xdeb and bdebuild-cross. Found bugs in pdebuild-cross and apt. Looking for build-failure patterns.
  • PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR fix tested, upldated on feedback and now upstreamed. Waiting for an official upload.
  • Tried to reproduce https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt/+bug/625042 but found another problem instead. apt package/suite syntax not working. Still characterising.

Issues

  • Apt bugs preventing multistrap/pdebuild cross form 'just working'
  • Still crap at python

Plans

  • Run simple-minded autobuilder
  • file cross-build bugs accordingly - especially looking for patterns
  • Work on xdeb target-arch downloading
  • Update Multistrap to fix bugs, use new PPA
  • Couple of meetings:
    • Cambridge Wireless location Sig, Tuesday afternoon
    • Balloonboard 4 planning meeting Thursday afternoon.
  • Update wiki with more cross-building info and current state of play

John Rigby

Kernel Packaging

  • Completed the first monthly kernel release
  • Uploaded the ST-E kernel to PPA

U-Boot

  • Started on new stable based on v2010.09
  • Asked Jeremy Kerr about testing devtree on mx51, he said there is not anything uptodate right now.

Other

  • Off Monday for Labor Day
  • Normal meetings

Next Week

  • First monthly U-Boot release is due Wednesday, which will be a good time to rebase on v2010.09.
  • Will try to get u-boot devtree stuff tested with hacked beagle kernel from Grant Likely.

Nicolas Pitre

  • Monday September 7th was a holiday (labor day)
  • Started making clear separation between ATAGs and DT support in the ARM boot code. This should make the addition of DT patches on top more enjoyable.
  • Investigation of a new approach for solving LP bug #620611. A new patch should result from this which should be acceptable for mainline.
  • Moved more patches from upstream to the linaro 2.6.35 stable tree to fix some issues.
  • Tracked a silly 64-bit related issue in the upstream BRLTTY repository that prevented the latest version from running on my system.
  • Misc (meeting attendance, mailing list monitoring, etc.)

Platform/DevPlatform/Meetings/2010-09-15 (last modified 2011-03-11 11:32:32)