Include: Nothing found for "^## meetings$"!

Include: Nothing found for "^## end-meetings$"!

Getting Started

We also maintain a set of how-to's related to cross-compiling

About

Out primary goal is to provide a common platform to use as the basis for Validation test heads and optimized hardware-specific builds. We work with a few teams to help make this happen:

Meeting Information

  • We have weekly meetings that anyone can attend. You can view the schedule and see logs of past meetings here.

  • We also meet face-to-face at Linaro Connect events.

Contact

Agenda

  • Actions from last meeting
  • Engineer progress reports - All team members
  • Work Item Progress and Team Issues discussion - Ricardo
  • Any other business (AOB)

Past Action Items

  • everybody to go over joey's monthly milestones presentation
  • rsalveti to move the stand-up meeting discussion to email, trying to get more input from others and see if we could try a different process than email
  • start the linaro evaluation for the linaro dev platform team

Action Items


Engineers Reports

Your Name <your nick>

Highlights

Plans

Issues

Ricardo Salveti <rsalveti>

Highlights

  • Linaro Ubuntu 11.06 was released in time
  • Unity-3D interface was properly integrated at the Overlay, and also by default on the Ubuntu LEB images
  • Started planning for 11.07
  • X-Loader fix to properly work with u-boot + ehci
  • Worked together with Ubuntu folks and John to get TFTP and PXE properly working at U-Boot

Plans

  • Finish planning for 11.07

Issues

Avik Sil <aviksil>

Highlights

  • Chased bug #802693 (Panda Boot hang w/ linaro 2.6.39 kernel). Could not reproduce it consistently
  • The apparent source of the bug (commit 4fefbe94a77c3d3b5e75d386628c36298c72c57f: "arm: omap4: support pmu") has been reverted in order to get away with boot hang
  • Tried LAVA locally. Still not able to deploy it totally. Discussed with zyga and plars, got much help from them
  • Installed lava-dashboard as per the instructions in http://packages.python.org/lava-dashboard/installation.html

Plans

Tom Gall <Dr_Who>

Highlights

  • Converted the natty build series of images over to live-build3
  • forward ported from live-build2 the LH_PACKAGES capability
  • validated 0706 build on beagle, beagle Xm, panda across alip, LEB, developer and nano
  • code merged for 1.1.1 release of libjpeg-turbo (need to test)
  • Some early work on 7a (go assembler) for armv7

Plans

  • between multistrap, debootstrap, polystrap figure out a good starting point for cross builds and custom core image creation (where by core I mean give the tool a list of pkgs and archives for it to create from, and some of those pkgs could be replacements for other essential pkgs)
  • kill bugs
  • test & release libjpeg-turbo 1.1.1

  • continue to add to the LEB manual

Issues

  • I've probably missed something.

Riku Voipio <suihkulokki>

Highlights

  • setup multiarch chroot and test it for crosscompiling
  • familiarized with the MultiarchCross spec

  • started drafting multiarch build-dependency resolving

Plans

  • work on fixes needed to multiarch cross-compile without force (cross-gcc search patch, dpkg-checkbuilddeps etc)
  • document howto cross-compile multiarch-way
  • setup multiarch crosscompiler daemon (so we can start testing things)

Marcin Juszkiewicz <hrw>

Highlights

  • linaro backport ppa is now operational
    • binutils 2.21.5x/eglibc 2.13/gcc 4.4/4.5 for lucid/maverick/natty
    • gcc 4.6 for maverick/natty - no lucid cause libraries are too old
  • found nasty bug in how debootstrap and ubuntu sru works - bug 802985

    • hacked a bit in debootstrap and plan for more - having multiple suites support will solve bug
  • changed eglibc packaging to generate multiarch headers - patch accepted by Debian and rejected next day due to some problems with biarch systems
  • hacking gcc-4.6 packaging to build multiarch cross compiler
  • wrote documentation about building Ubuntu cross toolchain

  • star rating: did tests on dual head panda

Plans

  • check how to build gcc-4.6 under lucid (August)

Issues

  • multiarch cross compiler still searches in wrong places

Wookey <wookey>

Highlights

  • Updated MultiarchCross Spec to match discussion and reality

  • Filed bug on apt giving details needed for apt-get build-dep -a arch foo
  • Created cross tag for Debian bugs and tagged them all
  • Worked on dpkg to add bootstrap/staging support.
  • bootstrapping algorithm scheme discussion with colin watson on train home useful :-)

  • Will send patch in once I've added the tests+docs
  • Worked on untangling big dependency cycle. Seems to be going quite well - easier than I expected so far.
  • Looking at polystrap wrapper shows that fakeroot needs splitting into bin and lib for multiarch

Plans

  • Upload pkg-config and xdeb and multistrap to PPA

Issues

  • At Debconf and Caving Expo from 24th July to 14Aug

John Rigby <jcrigby>

Highlights

Sprint Released packaged linaro and TILT kernels With rsalveti, got PXE working in u-boot.

Plans

Experiment with u-boot spl and usbbooting on panda.

Issues


Meeting Summary

IRC Log

rsalveti: #startmeeting

  • rsalveti: we don't
  • Dr_Who: the bot was MIA yesterday
  • rsalveti: it's on vacation together with fabo
  • robher joined the chat room.
  • rsalveti: #link https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/DevPlatform/Meetings/2011-07-07

  • rsalveti: #topic Past action items
  • • Dr_Who engages manual minute taking mode
  • rsalveti: * everybody to go over joey's monthly milestones presentation
  • wookey: yep, did that
  • suihkulokki: loosely
  • pasam joined the chat room.
  • rsalveti: ok, will mark as done, and hopefully everyone will now understand the new process
  • rsalveti: just let me know if you have any question
  • rsalveti: #info action: everybody to go over joey's monthly milestones presentation - DONE
  • rsalveti: #info action: rsalveti to move the stand-up meeting discussion to email, trying to get more input from others and see if we could try a different process than email - DONE
  • panda|x201 left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
  • rsalveti: I didn't move the discussion by email, but was able to talk with most of the team about it
  • rsalveti: and it seems that a bot getting the data over IRC would be the better solution
  • rsalveti: just I just need to implement it
  • rsalveti: #info action: start the linaro evaluation for the linaro dev platform team - INPROGRESS
  • rsalveti: wookey will be the first
  • rsalveti: wookey should be pinging you tomorrow
  • wookey: OK
  • rsalveti: that was all previous actions
  • wookey: I think you need to co-ordinate with richard earnshaw here as he's supposed to be evaluating me in next 2 weeks too
  • wookey: and probably has no clue so has to ask you
  • rsalveti: wookey: ok, good to know
  • rsalveti: ok, moving
  • rsalveti: #topic Engineer progress reports
  • hrw joined the chat room.
  • hrw: hi
  • rsalveti: hrw: hey!
  • rsalveti: $ echo $(shuf -e hrw jcrigby wookey aviksil Dr_Who suihkulokki rsalveti)

hrw: forgot about meeting and went to accounting office

  • rsalveti: hrw rsalveti wookey aviksil suihkulokki Dr_Who jcrigby
  • rsalveti: you all know the drill
  • hrw: ok,
  • rsalveti: hrw: you can start
  • hrw: sprint whole last week
  • opm joined the chat room.
  • hrw: linaro backport ppa is now operational
  • hrw: binutils 2.21.5x/eglibc 2.13/gcc 4.4/4.5 for lucid/maverick/natty
  • hrw: gcc 4.6 for maverick/natty - no lucid cause libraries are too old
  • hrw: found nasty bug in how debootstrap and ubuntu sru works - bug 802985
  • ubot2: Launchpad bug 802985 in eglibc "[lucid] /var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/preinst: 399: arithmetic expression: expecting EOF: "3.0-0-generic"" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/802985

  • hrw: hacked a bit in debootstrap and plan for more - having multiple suites support will solve bug
  • mattwaddel joined the chat room.
  • rsalveti: wow, affecting all releases
  • hrw: changed eglibc packaging to generate multiarch headers - patch accepted by Debian and rejected next day due to some problems with biarch systems
  • hrw: I am using my packages internally to fight with multiarch capable gcc
  • asac: hrw: which library is too old for lucid backport?
  • hrw: sent some patches for doko to get some improvements in gcc packaging
  • hrw: asac: mpfr, mpc
  • hrw: asac: I consider mpfr too crucial to just upload newer one
  • hrw: but will look into it in august
  • asac: how about uploading mpfr using a different package name and linking statically?
  • asac: kk
  • hrw: next 2 weeks I am on holidays which means just one day + last July week for me to work on 11.07
  • pasam left the chat room. (Remote host closed the connection)
  • rsalveti: hrw: will you be able to update the usual cross toolchain packages for 11.07?
  • hrw: did some tests according to star rating stuff - was handy to have 2 monitors and see how broken display on panda is now
  • asac: cool
  • hrw: rsalveti: during linaro sprint
  • hrw: rsalveti: oneiric ones before sprint
  • hrw: thats all from me
  • asac: are there instructions how to update cross-toolchain?
  • hrw: asac: oneiric ones? rebuild armel-cross-toolchain-base + gcc-4.*-armel-cross. then same for armhf
  • asac: is it more than just updating the orig.tar.gz and bumping changelog version?
  • asac: well, natty/lucid would be more important to have updated for release
  • hrw: cross toolchain ones do not use orig.tar.gz ones
  • rsalveti: because we'll need to update the oneiric ones, then also make that available at backports again
  • hrw: ppa is more complicated - will write some docs
  • asac: if you cant do that we definitely need instructions how to do it so we can find someone to do it
  • hrw: sure
  • hrw: will create wiki page
  • rsalveti: hrw: two things for you, publish some docs for the cross toolchain packages and also how you tested panda to generate the first start rating matrix
  • asac: ok lets double check if those are clear. i am happy to review instructions if noone else has time/cycles in devplatform atm
  • hrw: ok
  • asac: important enough
  • asac: thanks
  • asac: moveon i guess
  • asac: after actions
  • rsalveti: #action hrw to document how to update the cross packages for oneiric and also how to make that available at backports
  • rsalveti: #action hrw to document how he generated the first star rating test matrix, describing what tests were done
  • rsalveti: after this is done you're out for vacation
  • panda|x201 joined the chat room.
  • rsalveti: and by vacation I need to gather info from the whole team to know when people are planning to be out
  • rsalveti: #action rsalveti to ping the whole team about vacation plans
  • wookey: Wook at Debconf 24-30 jul and Expo 31st to 15th Aug.
  • rsalveti: yup, that I had noted here
  • rsalveti: any other question for hrw?

wookey: hrw: did you include the crosspkg-cronfig fix in toolchain uploads?

  • wookey: fix==symlink
  • hrw: wookey: forgot about it
  • hrw: wookey: can you upload it to ppa? you have rights for it
  • wookey: it needs to be in your packages
  • wookey: or yo umean can I upload updated pkg-config package?. Yes that's on my list
  • hrw: cool
  • wookey: or I could take your toolchain sources and add the link or patch for the link? Yes I guess so.
  • hrw: wookey: separate package will be more handy
  • hrw: rebuilding whole toolchain takes time and has few nasty corners
  • wookey: the point is that the lin kcannot be in pkg-config itself
  • wookey: it has to come when you install the cross compiler for target arch
  • hrw: pkg-config-armel-cross with dependencies?
  • wookey: could be - a package containing exactly one link
  • wookey: better to go in with arm-linux-gnueabi-* in toolchain packge
  • hrw: pkg-config-triplet?
  • wookey: correct
  • hrw: let discuss it in last week of July ok?
  • asac: is there a bug for "crosspkg-cronfig fix in toolchain" issue?
  • wookey: yes
  • asac: which one?
  • asac:
  • rsalveti: wookey: have the bug link? then we can move the meeting
  • wookey: sorry - it takes time to find on launchpad
  • wookey: ......
  • rsalveti: wookey: sure, just post here when you find
  • asac: lets just give wookey an action to subscribe linaro-release
  • asac: so it doesnt drop off the radar
  • rsalveti: asac: or just attach it to linaro-ubuntu and mark for 11.07
  • rsalveti: or something
  • asac: whatever
  • rsalveti: we just need to trace it
  • asac: i want this bug to be remembered for 11.07
  • rsalveti: don't know if linaro-release would be good now as the release manager is out
  • asac: safest way is to subscribe linaro-release and there we will triage and move to appropriate project etc.
  • wei_feng_ left the chat room. (Quit: Page closed)
  • asac: rsalveti: we have a RM ... that will monitor those bugs
  • rsalveti: ok, good enough
  • asac: mounir
  • asac:
  • wookey: why can't I search for bugs in package 'fo'o in launchpad?
  • rsalveti: ok, my time now
  • wookey: it must be possible...
  • asac: wookey: bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/SOURCEPACKAGENAME
  • asac: if its an ubuntu package bug
  • wookey: 'by location' 'by bug heat', by milestone, but not packagename?
  • wookey: asac: how am I supposed to know that magic URL?
  • rsalveti: if it's on ubuntu you can search by package at the ubuntu project
  • asac: wookey: inspiration
  • asac: now you know
  • wookey: for about 5 mins....
  • asac: so go and do your action lol
  • wookey: it makes debian's bug system look easy to use
  • • asac doesnt want to hold back meeting
  • rsalveti: ok, moving the meeting again
  • asac: true. i always wanted a merge of the features of launchpad, bugzilla and debbugs
  • rsalveti: wookey can post the link once he's done

wookey: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pkg-config/+bug/771567

  • ubot2: Ubuntu bug 771567 in pkg-config "cross-compiling wrapper support for pkg-config" [Unknown,Confirmed]
  • rsalveti: so, was also at the ubuntu platform sprint at dublin the past week
  • rsalveti: wookey: thanks
  • rsalveti: #info cross pkg bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pkg-config/+bug/771567

  • rsalveti: linaro ubuntu 11.06 was released in time \o/
  • asac: yay
  • asac: what a success
  • rsalveti: without any critical issues
  • asac: all the hard work we did was amazing ... and the feedback i got so far is really positive
  • rsalveti: unity-3d interface was integrated at the overlay and also made it default on ubuntu leb images, with proper fallback for unity-2d
  • rsalveti: asac: awesome
  • rsalveti: we even made slashdot
  • asac: so thanks to all again! this required a serioues team effort
  • asac: hehe
  • asac: yeah
  • wookey: yeah well done guys - you put in some serious effort there
  • rsalveti: the whole team worked hard to get it right, hopefully with CI next releases will be easier
  • rsalveti: I'm also started planning 11.07
  • wookey: slashdot eh? we've officially made it
  • hrw: #link https://wiki.linaro.org/MarcinJuszkiewicz/Projects/UbuntuCrossToolchains

  • rsalveti: #info https://launchpad.net/linaro-ubuntu/+milestone/11.07

  • rsalveti: will be creating more blueprints over the day, and then pinging folks directly to try to create the WI list for them
  • hrw: I hope to have something really good for 11.08
  • rsalveti: so we can really start the work ASAP
  • rsalveti: hrw: do you think we can deliver the binary toolchain for 11.07?
  • rsalveti: after you're back
  • hrw: hope for it

rsalveti: ok, cool, so will have a BP for it

  • hrw: in worst case it will require LDFLAGS/CFLAGS set due to multiarch
  • rsalveti: x-loader was fixed to make u-boot + ehci work properly
  • rsalveti: and worked together with ubuntu arm team with john to get u-boot properly working with tftp and pxe
  • rsalveti: future plan: 11.07 planning basically
  • hrw: usb net on panda is nice thing
  • rsalveti: questions?
  • hrw: we should note that we support A1 and newer
  • rsalveti: hrw: yeah, still need to blog about that
  • hrw: on EA1 uboot often fail to set mac address
  • hrw: but we do not support EA1 so can ignore
  • rsalveti: yeah
  • rsalveti: ok, wookey!
  • • Dr_Who didn't think that there were that many EA1s in existance
  • hrw: exactly
  • rsalveti: Dr_Who: there are quite a few still
  • bero|2 left the chat room. (Read error: Operation timed out)
  • rsalveti: but those will be replaced soon
  • rsalveti: hopefully
  • rsalveti: we just need to release a broken kernel for it and everybody will have to update
  • Dr_Who: hah .. that's one way
  • bero|2 joined the chat room.
  • hrw: rsalveti: that day I will request A4 version from you ;d
  • hrw: rsalveti: or newer
  • rsalveti: hrw: sure
  • rsalveti: wookey: alive still?
  • rsalveti: aviksil: can you go now?
  • aviksil: sure
  • rsalveti: we can get back to wookey when he's back
  • wookey: ah sorry - too many things at once
  • wookey: Updated MultiarchCross Spec to match discussion and reality

  • wookey: Filed bug on apt giving details needed for apt-get build-dep -a arch foo
  • wookey: Worked on dpkg to add bootstrap/staging support.
  • wookey: Extra time with colin watson on train home useful
  • wookey: Will send patch in once I've added the tests+docs
  • wookey: Worked on untangling big dependency cycle. Seems to be going quite well - easier than I expected so far.
  • wookey: Looking at polystrap wrapper shows that fakeroot needs splitting into bin and lib for multiarch
  • wookey: Fixed vmware (hooray, 6months of expenses unbunged
  • wookey: Worked on calendaring to get all 4 calendars in one place - not quite succeeded yet.
  • wookey: that's all, although I suspect I've fogotten some stuff from last week
  • wookey: ( sorry for delay : got phoned and irc hassled at same time)
  • rsalveti: wookey: cool, can you subscribe our team at the bugs you created?
  • rsalveti: so everybody receive a notification when the bug is opened
  • rsalveti: ~linaro-foundations still
  • wookey: all cross-bugs, or just that pkg-config and apt bugs?

rsalveti: wookey: you can subscribe all relevant bugs, so we can get it at our radar easily

  • wookey: Debian or just launchpad?
  • rsalveti: wookey: guess for now only launchpad
  • wookey: OK, spam ahoy
  • rsalveti:
  • hrw: wookey: create lp bugs and link debian ones into them
  • rsalveti: yeah, that works
  • wookey: I do that when there is a fix in both
  • rsalveti: you should do that when there's a bug in both too
  • wookey: true
  • rsalveti: ok, nice, good progress
  • wookey: OK, double-spam ahoy
  • rsalveti: we had good discussion last week with ubuntu folks
  • rsalveti: guess having people at dublin was really useful in the end
  • rsalveti: ok, questions for wookey?
  • rsalveti: we're kind of running out of time
  • rsalveti: let's just move and have the discussions at #linaro
  • wookey: yeah I think that worked well
  • wookey: certainly did for me
  • rsalveti: aviksil: you can go now
  • aviksil: ok
  • rsalveti: wookey: yeah
  • aviksil: chased bug #802693 . Could not reproduce it consistently
  • ubot2: Launchpad bug 802693 in linux-linaro "Panda Boot hang w/ linaro 2.6.39 kernel" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/802693

  • aviksil: the apparent source of the bug (commit 4fefbe94a77c3d3b5e75d386628c36298c72c57f: "arm: omap4: support pmu") has been reverted in order to get away with boot hang
  • aviksil: tried LAVA locally. Still not able to deploy it totally. Discussed with zyga and plars, got much help from them
  • aviksil: installed lava-dashboard as per the instructions in http://packages.python.org/lava-dashboard/installation.html

  • aviksil: that's all from me
  • zyga: aviksil, (sorry for asking questions mid-meeting) did you try upgrading to lava-server + lava-dashboard with the script I posted to linaro-dev?
  • • Dr_Who jumps in in the interest of time
  • aviksil: zyga: no, not yet. just saw the script. will do it next
  • zyga: ok
  • Dr_Who: libjpeg-turbo 1.1.1 is assembled for release, need to do some testing before letting it go, should be today or tomorrow
  • rsalveti: aviksil: great, saw zyga trying to reproduce your issues last week
  • aviksil: rsalveti: yes
  • Dr_Who: converted all the natty based builds (that which will be 11.07) over to use the same live-build3 that we're using for our oneiric builds
  • rsalveti: ok, thanks, let's move
  • rsalveti: Dr_Who: nice work, create bp https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-ubuntu/+spec/linaro-platforms-o-leb-new-ubuntu-build-system-natty to track what was done

  • Dr_Who: did a bunch of testing across beagle,beagleXm and panda yesterday across alip, developer, nano and LEB ... things seems to generally be in good shape ... one new kernel OOPs discovered that hits both beagle xm and panda
  • rsalveti: we just need to put the WI later, just to have it for 11.07
  • suihkulokki: is there a ppa from to try out libjpeg-turbo?
  • Dr_Who: suihkulokki: will be ... I have the debs locally currently
  • rsalveti: we should just try to set libjpeg-turbo by default on 11.07
  • suihkulokki: cool
  • Dr_Who: that was my thought as well rsalveti
  • rsalveti: and also try to push this forward at ubuntu
  • Dr_Who: yes, exactly
  • hrw: ah - I reported chromium linking bug upstream - will see will it be solved
  • wookey: hrw did it ever finish?
  • rsalveti: after many hours
  • rsalveti: Dr_Who: anything else to report?
  • wookey: woglinde managed to cross-build it last week (with much evil hackery)
  • Dr_Who: next thing I plan to focus on over the week is continued live-build3 progress ... want to get cross going as well as get the ability to have a more custom base in place for nano-like projects
  • hrw: wookey: 9h and then failed
  • Dr_Who: was talking to wookey about that last night .. we'll see how things go
  • Dr_Who: EOL
  • hrw: wookey: 9h of linking alone
  • rsalveti: Dr_Who: great, yeah, let's see how multistrap can help you here
  • rsalveti: I know lb3 will probably end up with multstrap before the official release
  • rsalveti: so it can be something that will help us in the end
  • rsalveti: we'll see
  • rsalveti: suihkulokki: your turn
  • Dr_Who: well ... debootstrap, multistrap ... lb has the ability to switch
  • suihkulokki: ok, general theme, drive to multiarch
  • suihkulokki: setup multiarch chroot and test it for crosscompiling
  • suihkulokki: multiarch works already for crosscompiling with some forcing applied
  • suihkulokki: eg. build-dependency checks skipped and cross-toolchain pointed to the multiarch directories by hand
  • suihkulokki: trying still to understand completly the multiarch specs

wookey: youhave to read it about 12 times....

  • wookey: it's written in spec-ese
  • rsalveti: yeah, but cool, hopefully we'll be able to fix the tools soon
  • suihkulokki: I didn't really find a usecasfor the foo:any foo:native syntax
  • wookey: suihkulokki: there is a bug for the :native case
  • wookey: but flex is the only concrete example
  • wookey: and splitting fixes that
  • hrw: suihkulokki: gcc-armel-cross depends on libmpfr-dev:native libc6-dev:armel - but I still do not understand :any
  • suihkulokki: next steps I'll be taking will be fixing the tools to work without force and then documenting on the wiki how one can use m-a for crosscompiling
  • wookey: suihkulokki: we should co-orindate on that. I may have some fixes already
  • suihkulokki: sure
  • wookey: if there is no need for :any then that's great. I realised last week that I had misunderstood it
  • suihkulokki: right now I'm looking at dpkg-checkbuilddeps
  • wookey: me too
  • suihkulokki: ok, so I'll look at something else then
  • wookey: (but for staging)
  • wookey: I have a dpkg :any|:native patch
  • wookey: there's a bug for that too
  • rsalveti: suihkulokki: anything else to report?
  • wookey: we're you fixing something different?
  • suihkulokki: nothing that comes to my mind right now
  • rsalveti: ok, let's get this done
  • rsalveti: jcrigby: you're the last!
  • jcrigby: ok,
  • jcrigby: at sprint all week
  • jcrigby: released some kernel packages for monthly release, including packaging TILT kernel
  • jcrigby: as mentioned before, worked with rsalveti on getting pxe working in u-boot
  • jcrigby: since then looked at barebox
  • jcrigby: missing lots of functionality and platform support so we probably could not move to it right now as a default boot loader
  • rsalveti: jcrigby: yeah, nice work with the kernel and u-boot
  • rsalveti: jcrigby: saw the email but still wasn't able to go in details
  • wookey: https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+source/dpkg/+bug/741433

  • ubot2: Ubuntu bug 741433 in dpkg "Adding tests and :native to libdpkg-perl architecture qualifier parsing" [Undecided,New]
  • jcrigby: been thinking about fastboot and I believe what we really want is some of what it gives us but not necessarily fastboot itself
  • jcrigby: working on u-boot spl + omap4boot like functionality right now as a prototype of what we want to be able to boot bare metal/bricked boards
  • rsalveti: jcrigby: yeah, let's sync this with pfefferz and asac to see if it's something we'd like to get implemented
  • jcrigby: ok
  • jcrigby: and that is it for me
  • rsalveti: #action rsalveti to set up a fastboot sync up meeting with jcrigby asac and pfefferz
  • rsalveti: jcrigby: cool
  • rsalveti: jcrigby: spl with usb like omap4boot would be awesome
  • rsalveti: then maybe we could use some of the fastboot protocol to actually do the file transfer
  • jcrigby: spl is sort of delayed right now with arguments about the make system layout
  • rsalveti: but need to understand that better
  • jcrigby: rsalveti, yes
  • rsalveti: jcrigby: anything else to report?
  • hrw: asac: https://wiki.linaro.org/MarcinJuszkiewicz/Projects/UbuntuCrossToolchains ready for review

  • jcrigby: I'm done
  • jcrigby: oh, one question
  • rsalveti: jcrigby: sure
  • jcrigby: what are dates for this months release?
  • jcrigby: like kernel freeze and stuff
  • rsalveti: jcrigby: 2011-07-28 is the release date
  • rsalveti: generally kernel freeze is one week before the release
  • Dr_Who: so the 21st is the freeze in general? or just the kernel ?
  • rsalveti: so I'd say 21
  • rsalveti: Dr_Who: probably freeze for components delivered by the working groups
  • rsalveti: so we can have at least some time to integrate at the platform
  • rsalveti: ok, moving forward
  • rsalveti: #topic Work Item Progress and Team Issues discussion
  • Dr_Who: hmmm I'd like to advocate it should be before the 21st ... so that the integrated elements can be ready for the weekly test which would be on the 21st
  • rsalveti: Dr_Who: that's why CI can help us a lot here
  • rsalveti: daily packages and so on
  • suihkulokki: first we need to get everything to CI
  • rsalveti: #info https://launchpad.net/linaro-ubuntu/+milestone/11.07

  • Dr_Who: yup ... or change the date of the weekly test adnd make sure folks are going to be responsive
  • Dr_Who: a week to fix bugs seems wise tho
  • rsalveti: http://status.linaro.org/11.11/linaro-foundations-11.07.html is starting to show some WI

  • rsalveti: suihkulokki: yup
  • rsalveti: we need to sort all bps until the end of this week, so will ping you folks directly today and tomorrow
  • rsalveti: and finally
  • rsalveti: #topic AOB
  • rsalveti: anything?
  • suihkulokki: will try get the adesso (?) keyboards hrw suggested?
  • opm left the chat room. (Quit: Leaving)
  • hrw: http://www.amazon.com/Adesso-Black-Keyboard-Glidepoint-Touchpad/dp/B00008XOH6/ref=sr_1_68?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1305736110&sr=1-68 ones

  • suihkulokki: s/will/should we/
  • hrw: joey suggested to ask asac
  • rsalveti: would be good to have those
  • suihkulokki: asac ^
  • hrw: 19:46 < joey> hrw: I don't have those available but if you need them, ask asac for permission to expense them

  • hrw: I played with one as GrueMaster had one with his boards

  • rsalveti: hrw: suihkulokki: cna you buy those in europe?

hrw: some keys are smaller but it is still usable

  • hrw: rsalveti: would have to search. in Poland I did not found any touchpad/touchstick keyboard at similar price
  • asac: sorry on a call
  • asac: wahtever it is, talk to me in a bit
  • hrw: asac: ok
  • rsalveti: yup, so we can have someone to buy those at us and get it to us during connect sprint
  • suihkulokki: I think those are not available in .fi either
  • rsalveti: any other topic?
  • rsalveti: #action rsalveti to ping asac about getting http://www.amazon.com/Adesso-Black-Keyboard-Glidepoint-Touchpad/dp/B00008XOH6/ref=sr_1_68?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1305736110&sr=1-68 for the team

  • rsalveti: if not, closing in 3
  • rsalveti: 2
  • rsalveti: 1
  • rsalveti: #endmeeting

Platform/DevPlatform/Meetings/2011-07-07 (last modified 2011-07-13 15:28:10)