Include: Nothing found for "^## meetings$"!

Include: Nothing found for "^## end-meetings$"!

Getting Started

We also maintain a set of how-to's related to cross-compiling

About

Out primary goal is to provide a common platform to use as the basis for Validation test heads and optimized hardware-specific builds. We work with a few teams to help make this happen:

Meeting Information

  • We have weekly meetings that anyone can attend. You can view the schedule and see logs of past meetings here.

  • We also meet face-to-face at Linaro Connect events.

Contact

Agenda

  • Announcements - Tech Lead
    • Components release day
    • Updated LT kernels, just missing the one for TI
      • - Seems only ARM, TI and Freescale are on 3.1
  • Actions from last meeting - Tech Lead chasing
  • 11.11 - Image status and Bugs - All team members
    • - Release Status - Testing
  • Blueprint Status - All team members
  • Any Other Business (AOB)

Past Action items

  • tgall_foo to sync with doko about the switch to ljt as it should be discussed on ubuntu-dev ml

Action Items

  • Action items that came out of this weeks meeting.


Engineers Reports

Your Name <irc nick>

Highlights

  • Short bullet points of work you've done that week which convey progress and highlights which can be used to report on how the team is progressing as a whole.

Plans

  • Your individual plans for the coming week(s).

Issues

  • Your individual plans for the coming week(s).

Ricardo Salveti <rsalveti>

Highlights

  • Back from vacations
  • Updated the DS-5 packages
  • Helping cleaning up the planning and improving it with David

Plans

  • 11.11 Release (integration of the released components)
  • Start the 11.12 planning with the team
  • Clean up the results and sessions we had during Connect

John Rigby <jcrigby>

Highlights

  • Finished u-boot usb spl blueprint. Can now boot a panda board with no boot media.
  • Released new packaged kernels based on linux-linaro-2011.11-0
  • Added origen to u-boot packaging.

Plans

  • Work on package kernel-ci improvements

Avik Sil <aviksil>

Highlights

  • Fixed pattern for LTTng test definition in my lava-test branch
  • Added test definitions for perf and systemtap and proposed for merge
  • Synced with Dave Long for update on bug #843628 (perf failure on panda (omap4))

Plans

  • Test RC image
  • Work with Paul for merging new lava test definitions

Tom Gall <Dr_Who>

Highlights

  • back from vacation
  • linaro connect
    • cross of everything but ubuntu desktop works (qemu and mono issues for desktop)
    • experiments with live-building without seeds (works)
    • largely wrote live-build extension which implements rootfs meta data
    • experimented with emdebian based build
  • Precise
    • ubuntu-desktop, developer and nano live-configs "ready" and build
    • base-files updated, kernel and related pkgs copied over to precise
  • libjpeg-turbo
    • r722 release for 11.11 made
    • libjpeg8 compat + "repackage" mostly complete

Plans

  • recollection of libjpeg-turbo8 benchmark numbers on oneiric/precise
  • build all packages that have build deps on ltj in ppa
  • setup offspring for precise builds
  • create temp precise panda hwpack

Riku Voipio <suihkulokki>

Highlights

  • Cross-compiled firefox with multiarched libraries
  • Multi-arch fixes to chromium-browser build-deps

Plans

  • Fix native arm compilation of chromium
  • Cross-compile chromium

Marcin Juszkiewicz <hrw>

Highlights

Plans

  • finish blueprint workitems
  • write specification from my LC session


IRC logs

Meeting started by rsalveti at 14:06:17 UTC. The full logs are available at http://irclogs.linaro.org/meeting-logs/linaro-meeting/2011/linaro-meeting.2011-11-17-14.06.log.html .

Meeting summary

Meeting ended at 15:00:59 UTC.

Action items

  • dzin to ping anmar to check if we can move all LTs at 3.1 for 11.12
  • rsalveti to sync with jcrigby to update the TI tree with the fix for 4460
  • dzin to sync with tgall_foo to get another blueprint for the benchmark + rebuild work for libjpeg-turbo update at ubuntu (precise)
  • dzin to check with anmar and the ST-E LT to see if testing with snowball v2 is still valid
  • dzin to deal with https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-ubuntu/+spec/generic-toolchain-enhancements-11.10 and initiate discussion with toolchain wg

Action items, by person

  • anmar
    • dzin to ping anmar to check if we can move all LTs at 3.1 for 11.12
    • dzin to check with anmar and the ST-E LT to see if testing with snowball v2 is still valid
  • dzin
  • jcrigby
    • rsalveti to sync with jcrigby to update the TI tree with the fix for 4460
  • rsalveti
    • rsalveti to sync with jcrigby to update the TI tree with the fix for 4460
  • tgall_foo
    • dzin to sync with tgall_foo to get another blueprint for the benchmark + rebuild work for libjpeg-turbo update at ubuntu (precise)

People present (lines said)

  • rsalveti (151)
  • dzin (31)
  • hrw (22)
  • tgall_foo (20)
  • anmar (17)
  • jcrigby (7)
  • fabo (5)
  • suihkulokki (4)
  • linarobot (4)
  • aviksil (3)
  • mpoirier (1)

Platform/DevPlatform/Meetings/2011-11-17 (last modified 2011-11-17 18:01:29)