Wed 2nd June 2010

Attendees

  • Jamie Bennett (JamieBennett)

  • Jeremy Kerr (jk)

  • Dave Martin (davem)

  • Eric Miao (erim)

  • Loic Minier (lool)

  • Nicolas Pitre (npitre)

  • Matt Waddel (mattman)

Agenda

Action Points

  • jk to put a basic template on devicetree.org to outline this.
  • jk and jamiebennett to try to get participants to work on this.
  • npitre to looking into producing a kernel module for testing the kernel stack protector.
  • amitk to expand the wiki to give more device information and send out and email.
  • davem to mail Catalin to discuss the flow of kernel patches from ARM to Ubuntu/Linaro.
  • jk to reignite discussion on the mailing lists.

Action Points from Previous Meeting

  • slangasek to review the device-tree spec.
  • lool to help npitre drafting specs.
  • jk to coach glikely on how to produce the blueprint and wiki page for ALSA spec.
  • npitre to work with davem to get remote access to SMP hardware.
  • davem to talk Richard Earnshaw to solve SMP hardware access issues.
  • npitre to suggest/produce test code to test the stack protector.
  • amitk to produce a list of hardware that we care about.
  • amitk to talk to johnrigby about a consolidated uboot.

Carried over

  • davem to ask Catalin to be the owner of SMP safety.
  • Nicolas to investigate live updates to device trees
  • Matt to investigate work required for getting ARM Cortex-9 patches upstream

Minutes

  • ALSA device tree spec
    • Grant Likely doesn't have resources to do this.
    • [ACTION] jk to put a basic template on devicetree.org to outline this.
    • [ACTION] jk and jamiebennett to try to get participants to work on this.
  • There is some test code for the stack protector. Needs turning into a kernel module.
    • [ACTION] npitre to looking into producing a kernel module for testing the kernel stack protector.
  • amitk has proposed a list of hardware devices that we should care about.
    • lool suggested that more specific board information is needed.
    • [ACTION] amitk to expand the wiki to give more device information and send out and email.
  • jcriby has been looking into a consolidated uboot. amitk suggested that a common source tree could be possible. jcriby is still working on it.
  • [ACTION] davem to mail Catalin to discuss the flow of kernel patches from ARM to Ubuntu/Linaro
  • mattman explained that the default omap Ubuntu kernel from the git tree boots to initrd in QEMU. He expects that soon it will boot to a usable system.
    • amitk asked how much of the omap hardware was emulated in QEMU, mattman explained that most things are emulated making omap QEMU a valuable tool.
    • Patches still need to be pushed upstream to QEMU. C.Chao is working on this.
  • jk said that he has just sent out a new version of the clock API.
    • Russel King requested a real clock implementation, jk said he has pushed code for the iMX51.
    • [ACTION] jk to reignite discussion on the mailing lists.
  • npitre has finished drafting the kernel alignment spec.
    • He has proposed that there are several separate basic kernel tree's that will be combined to produce a testable kernel. Each tree will do seperate work and someone will be tasked with producing a consolidated tree.
  • amitk has been fleshing out the power management specification. Some discussion with daverusling is needed to finalize.
    • No work items are currently specified, amitk is working on this.
  • Google is proposing to merge some power management features from the Android kernel to mainline, this is very interesting to Linaro and amitk is tracking these developments.
  • Eric explained that he has made slow progress on the single kernel blueprint.
    • lool suggested that only the platforms we care about could be consolidated.
    • npitre said that any infrastructure changes will need to be done for all platforms if it is to be pushed upstream.
  • lool mentioned that Linaro has a git repository at git.linaro.org. npitre suggested that we should have individual device tree's there.

WorkingGroups/KernelArchived/Meetings/2010-06-02 (last modified 2013-01-14 19:43:18)