Wed 2nd June 2010
Jamie Bennett (JamieBennett)
Jeremy Kerr (jk)
Dave Martin (davem)
Eric Miao (erim)
Loic Minier (lool)
Nicolas Pitre (npitre)
Matt Waddel (mattman)
- Action points from last meeting.
- Blueprint status.
- jk to put a basic template on devicetree.org to outline this.
- jk and jamiebennett to try to get participants to work on this.
- npitre to looking into producing a kernel module for testing the kernel stack protector.
- amitk to expand the wiki to give more device information and send out and email.
- davem to mail Catalin to discuss the flow of kernel patches from ARM to Ubuntu/Linaro.
- jk to reignite discussion on the mailing lists.
Action Points from Previous Meeting
- slangasek to review the device-tree spec.
- lool to help npitre drafting specs.
- jk to coach glikely on how to produce the blueprint and wiki page for ALSA spec.
- npitre to work with davem to get remote access to SMP hardware.
- davem to talk Richard Earnshaw to solve SMP hardware access issues.
- npitre to suggest/produce test code to test the stack protector.
- amitk to produce a list of hardware that we care about.
- amitk to talk to johnrigby about a consolidated uboot.
- davem to ask Catalin to be the owner of SMP safety.
- Nicolas to investigate live updates to device trees
- Matt to investigate work required for getting ARM Cortex-9 patches upstream
- ALSA device tree spec
- Grant Likely doesn't have resources to do this.
- [ACTION] jk to put a basic template on devicetree.org to outline this.
- [ACTION] jk and jamiebennett to try to get participants to work on this.
- There is some test code for the stack protector. Needs turning into a kernel module.
- [ACTION] npitre to looking into producing a kernel module for testing the kernel stack protector.
- amitk has proposed a list of hardware devices that we should care about.
- lool suggested that more specific board information is needed.
- [ACTION] amitk to expand the wiki to give more device information and send out and email.
- jcriby has been looking into a consolidated uboot. amitk suggested that a common source tree could be possible. jcriby is still working on it.
- [ACTION] davem to mail Catalin to discuss the flow of kernel patches from ARM to Ubuntu/Linaro
- mattman explained that the default omap Ubuntu kernel from the git tree boots to initrd in QEMU. He expects that soon it will boot to a usable system.
- amitk asked how much of the omap hardware was emulated in QEMU, mattman explained that most things are emulated making omap QEMU a valuable tool.
- Patches still need to be pushed upstream to QEMU. C.Chao is working on this.
- jk said that he has just sent out a new version of the clock API.
- Russel King requested a real clock implementation, jk said he has pushed code for the iMX51.
- [ACTION] jk to reignite discussion on the mailing lists.
- npitre has finished drafting the kernel alignment spec.
- He has proposed that there are several separate basic kernel tree's that will be combined to produce a testable kernel. Each tree will do seperate work and someone will be tasked with producing a consolidated tree.
- amitk has been fleshing out the power management specification. Some discussion with daverusling is needed to finalize.
- No work items are currently specified, amitk is working on this.
- Google is proposing to merge some power management features from the Android kernel to mainline, this is very interesting to Linaro and amitk is tracking these developments.
- Eric explained that he has made slow progress on the single kernel blueprint.
- lool suggested that only the platforms we care about could be consolidated.
- npitre said that any infrastructure changes will need to be done for all platforms if it is to be pushed upstream.
- lool mentioned that Linaro has a git repository at git.linaro.org. npitre suggested that we should have individual device tree's there.
WorkingGroups/KernelArchived/Meetings/2010-06-02 (last modified 2013-01-14 19:43:18)