Wed 9th June 2010

Attendees

  • Jeremy Kerr (jk)

  • Dave Martin (davem)

  • Eric Miao (erim)

  • Loic Minier (lool)

  • Nicolas Pitre (npitre)

  • Matt Waddel (mattman)

Agenda

Action Points

  • jk to put a basic template on devicetree.org to outline ALSA bindings work.
  • jk and jamiebennett to try to get participants to work on this.
  • amitk to expand the wiki to give more device information and send out and email.
  • clarify with amitk how the imx51 patchset looks like.
  • ericm create a list of small work items on fixing up the header files and other issues

Action Points from Previous Meeting

  • jk to put a basic template on devicetree.org to outline this.
  • jk and jamiebennett to try to get participants to work on this.
  • npitre to looking into producing a kernel module for testing the kernel stack protector.
  • amitk to expand the wiki to give more device information and send out and email.
  • davem to mail Catalin to discuss the flow of kernel patches from ARM to Ubuntu/Linaro.
  • jk to reignite discussion on the mailing lists.

Minutes

  • arm-m-using-device-tree-on-arm
    • worked on clock API patches, developed on 2.6.35.
  • arm-m-kernel-version-alignment
    • had discussion with Ubuntu kernel team and documented a new process; see mailing-list
    • OMAP4 support would be problematic to merge, includes backported patches and non-upstreamable patches
    • imx51: might not be much to pull in, amitk had conversation with nico that it is complete upstream?!
    • [ACTION] clarify with amitk how the imx51 patchset looks like
    • nico needs list of trees to merge in arm-next + name of owners; will start with his own and the device tree one, and call for more trees to merge in on linaro-dev@, Cc:ing kernel-team@lists.ubuntu.com and perhaps the upstream list

  • arm-m-kernel-power-management-consolidation
    • amitk not here
  • arm-m-missing-security-features
    • implemented the stack-protector test, but exposed bug in the toolchain?
    • now moving to investigating the ASLR
  • arm-m-debugging-with-oprofile
    • lool sent patch to enable linux-tools in the meta packages as well
    • lool mett Will and requested sending a merge request for in progress patches
    • need to understand why Will's latest oprofile patch wasn't merged and help him get it merged
  • arm-m-alsa-soc-fdt-bindings
    • jk will reduce the scope of the blueprint to propose documentation on the scope of the bindings
  • kernel-maverick-arm-single-zimage
    • ericm sent a bunch of patches, but didn't get much feedback yet
    • more work to do than we originally thought
    • too many configs used in the header files, need to fix a bunch of headers; many conflicts in header files
    • [ACTION] ericm create a list of small work items on fixing up the header files and other issues

WorkingGroups/KernelArchived/Meetings/2010-06-09 (last modified 2013-01-14 19:43:15)