Wed 16th June 2010

Attendees

  • Jamie Bennett (JamieBennett)

  • Jeremy Kerr (jk)

  • Amit Kucheria (amitk)

  • Loic Minier (lool)

  • Nicolas Pitre (npitre)

  • Matt Waddel (mattman)

Agenda

Action Points

  • jk to send out call for help on ALSA device-tree work.
  • lool will contact Will to discuss if this needs back porting.
  • lool to talk to IS about getting clone support.
  • npitre to briefly look into git configuration on IS behalf. lool may need to investigate further if no answer can be found.
  • npitre to add a text file to the git tree explaining where and what has been merged into the consolidation kernel tree.
  • npitre to produce a wiki page describing his git kernel tree and the policies and procedures for merging.
  • amitk to discuss the lack ARM comments so far with slangasek
  • npitre to use the Linaro tool chain to see if the issue persists.
  • lool to invite John Rigby to future kernel Work Group calls to discuss the uboot and boot interface in general.

Action Points from Previous Meeting

  • jk to put a basic template on devicetree.org to outline ALSA bindings work.
  • jk and jamiebennett to try to get participants to work on this.
  • amitk to expand the wiki to give more device information and send out and email.
  • clarify with amitk how the imx51 patchset looks like.
  • ericm create a list of small work items on fixing up the header files and other issues

Minutes

  • jk put basic ALSA template up at http://devicetree.org/SoC_Audio, not complete.

  • [ACTION] jk to send out call for help on ALSA device-tree work.
  • amitk produced a list of hardware that is interesting to Linaro at this moment in time:
  • amitk was asked the status of imx51 upstream.
    • He explained that everything that was rewritten from scratch is now upstream. Base board, USB, i2c, serial, all there.
    • Some 2.6.36 patches need back-porting to 2.6.35. amitk offered to maintain a tree that npitre to pull from.
  • jk explained that the device-tree spec had good discussion lately. Most work is done and reviewers are only requesting small changes.
    • jk needs to talk to npitre about the boot interface.
    • nitre explained that Russell King is still waiting for a real implementation before he is convinced it is the right way forward. This is coming and has a lot of support.
    • 2.6.36 could be a target for the device tree work if reviewers comments are favorable, not entirely optimistic though.
  • Will Deacon has sent patches for hardware break-point support to the mailing list. npitre is in contact with Will about this.
    • [ACTION] lool will contact Will to discuss if this needs back porting.
  • npitre said that git.linaro.org cannot currently clone trees.
    • [ACTION] lool to talk to IS about getting clone support.
    • [ACTION] npitre to briefly look into git configuration on IS behalf. lool may need to investigate further if no answer can be found.
  • [ACTION] npitre to add a text file to the git tree explaining where and what has been merged into the consolidation kernel tree.
  • [ACTION] nitre to produce a wiki page describing his git kernel tree and the policies and procedures for merging.
  • amitk is waiting on ARM to spec out the kernel power management features they care about so they can be added to the blueprint. lool suggested that amitk should just continue on without the feedback for now to get the review process started, folding in any future comments later.
  • [ACTION] amitk to discuss the lack ARM comments so far with slangasek
  • Most of the missing security features have already been implemented by npitre. Some tool chain support is needed to support further work on this spec. For example, everything needs to be compiled with position independent code.
    • npitre has asked for feedback from ARM on the security test he produced that didn’t produce a result he expected. No response yet as the main contact on this is absent. The tool chain nitre is using is the Code Sourcery one. lool asked if npitre could use the official Linaro tool chain just released.
    • [ACTION] npitre to use the Linaro tool chain to see if the issue persists.
  • amitk has a patch for his work items on the security spec. This needs testing before sending to npitre.
  • The state of uboot was discussed. The team agreed that in the short-term one uboot per SoC would be desirable.
    • [ACTION] lool to invite John Rigby to future kernel Work Group calls to discuss the uboot and boot interface in general.
  • jk explained that the ALSA blueprint should probably be considered done now there is partial documentation available as there is little interest from people who could actually do the work this cycle.
  • mattman has produced a new blueprint:

WorkingGroups/KernelArchived/Meetings/2010-06-16 (last modified 2013-01-14 19:35:36)