This month's meetings

WorkingGroups/Kernel/Meetings
<< <  2011 / 4 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30  


Meeting info

  • Kernel WG meetings are conducted over IRC: #linaro-kernel on Freenode.

Morning Attendees

  • Arnd Bergmann: x
  • Dave Martin:x

  • Deepak Saxena:x

  • Jason Hui:
  • Linus Walleij
  • Mounir Bsaibes:x

  • Nicolas Pitre:x

  • Niklas Hernaeus:x

  • Nishant Kamat:
  • Paul McKenney: x

  • Per Forlin: x
  • Shawnguo: x
  • Grant Likely: x
  • Andy Green: x
  • Tixy:
  • John Bonesio: x

Evening Attendees

  • Deepak Saxena: x
  • John Stultz: x
  • Jason Hui:
  • Grant Likely:
  • Thomas Abraham:x

  • Manjunath Kondaiah:
  • Mounir Bsaibes: x
  • Shawn Guo: x
  • Venkatraman Sathiyamoorthy:

Agenda

  1. Announcement / Upcoming Release Dates
    • Linus W. from ST-E is joining team
    • Kernel freeze will happen on 3rd Thursday in prep for release
  2. Pending Action Items
  3. BUGS review
  4. Blueprints / Around the table
  5. August Sprint Planning
    • Sprint format
    • Kernel planning discussions

Action Items from Previous Meeting

To see the completed action items: WorkingGroups/Kernel/ActionItemsDone

Minutes From Today's Meetings

  • Linus Walleij from ST-E is joining the kernel working group, he'll be helping with ST-E DT work and taking over clk framework consolidation work from jeremy kerr
  • Kernel release cycle, he plan for the 11.11 cycle is to release an overall Linaro snapshot (toolchain, kernel, userspace, etc) on the 4th thursday. npitre will be freezing his kernel tree on the 3rd Thursday to provide a week of stability, so time your pull requests to him appropriately. npitre will send out an announcement to linaro-dev and linaro-kernel with more details
  • Still not receiving weekly activity reports from all the team. Need those to provide updates to rest of Linaro and to TSC on what we're doing
  • Deepak scheduled twice/month 1:1s with several of you. If not, please email me a time that works for you or I'll just schedule my morning/your [evening|afternoon]
  • We need to assign the WIs to milestones. it'd be good to close out on that by end of this week so that status.linaro.org gets update
  • Discussion on how to handle maintenance work with the way we are currently setting up the Work Items
  • For August sprint, need to close with internal management about travelling.
    • The sprint format is currently half day meeting/planning like we had at LDS with the other half being focused on time to do code development.
    • We need to figure out what we want to discuss in that planning/meeting time.
      • continue the discussion on consolidation, talk about DT and next steps.
      • start brainstorming on 12.05 cycle ideas
      • focussing some team effort to tackle some of the single kernel binary issues was good
      • it would be good to have a set of boards we want to have running the same kernel at the end of the sprint, e.g. one from each Linaro member
  • Arnd was able to build 99% of randconfig on all our member's current platforms now http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/arnd/playground.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/arm-randconfig

  • Arnd and gcl are going to kernel summit in Pragues and they will miss LDS in Orlando
  • Only bug issue is omap4 hdmi support having been dropped from nico's tree with the rebase.
  • John will go ahead and push out what i have w/ broken omap4 hdmi
  • Thomas is continuing the power measurement with memory regions. There is another tool with which it is possible to measure average power consumed.

Action Items From Today's Meetings

  • Grant to sync up with Linus, Jeremy, (and Deepak) on clk framework work
  • Deepak to create reminder event for team to submit activity reports
  • Deepak to discuss the tool/methodology with Kiko, mounir, paulmck, thow to handle the topic of upstream work and on going maintenance. will come back to team next week with result of that
  • Mounir to get Linarobot to work with Linaro-kernel meetings, talk to Fathi, he is now the maintainer.
  • Mounir/Deepak to review the bugs queries and make sure all bugs shows - DONE
  • Deepak to follow update Nico and John after he talks with Scottb about LT's rebasing their trees.

IRC Logs

Morning meeting IRC log

* dsaxena_ is now known as dsaxena
* agreen (~agreen@warmcat.com) has joined #linaro-kernel
<dsaxena> Good morning/evening
* ericm|ubuntu (~ycmiao@112.64.51.232) has joined #linaro-kernel
<tixy> Good afternoon ;-)
<dsaxena> tixy: :)
<perfor> good evening
<gcl> hi dsaxena
<nhe> hi
* bones10 (~bones10@c-71-193-0-201.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #linaro-kernel
<mounir> hi
<dsaxena> Agenda @: https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/Kernel/Meetings/2011-06-13
<dsaxena> Let's go through 1-3 quickly and then we can do go arounds.
<dsaxena> Announcements:
<dsaxena> - Linus Walleij from ST-E is joining the kernel working group
* linusw (~linusw@57.79.167.151) has joined #linaro-kernel
<linusw> Talk about the trolls...
<dsaxena> linusw: hi :) I
* dmart (~dmart@fw-lnat.cambridge.arm.com) has joined #linaro-kernel
<dsaxena> dmart: greetings
<dmart> hi guys, sorry for the delay
* dmart joined #ubuntu-kernel by accident :P
* rsajdok has quit (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
<dsaxena> dmart: all you missed so far is annouce that Linus W. is joining KWG
<dmart> ok
* mattwaddel (~mwaddel@c-98-202-116-201.hsd1.ut.comcast.net) has joined #linaro-kernel
<dmart> linusw: welcome!
<dsaxena> he'll be helping with ST-E DT work and taking over clk framework consolidation work from jeremy kerr
<dsaxena> 2nd announcement has to do with our kernel release cycle
<dsaxena> the plan for the 11.11 cycle is to release an overall Linaro snapshot (toolchain, kernel, userspace, etc) on the 4th thursday
<linusw> dmart: thx!
<dsaxena> npitre will be freezing his kernel tree on the 3rd thursday to provide a week of stability, so time your pull requests to him appropriately
<dsaxena> i.e., don't all wait until the 3rd wednesday ;)
<dsaxena> npitre will send out an announcement to linaro-dev and linaro-kernel with more details
* gcl looks forward to lots of nice clk patches from linusw 
<dsaxena> gcl, linusw: you two should probably sync up along with jeremy sometime
<gcl> yes
<dsaxena> gcl: can you drive that happening? I'll not it as an action
<dsaxena> s/not/note/
<gcl> yes, I'll do so
<linusw> dsaxena, gcl: no problem (except that I'm on vacation for July and half of august)
<npitre> linusw: woooh
<dsaxena> [ACTION] Grant to sync up with Linus, Jeremy, (and Deepak) on clk framework work
<gcl> we should hav a sync up meeting right after the DT meeting on Wednesday
<agreen> linusw: awesome ^^
<dsaxena> gcl: agreed
<gcl> linusw: although given that jk-, you and I are 120 degrees out of phase each on time zone, it will be tricky
<linusw> gcl: I can work late nights
<gcl> okay.  I'll propose a time for a conf call
<dsaxena> linusw: I'll make sure you get the invite to the DT meeting on wed morning
<linusw> dsaxena: I have it already
<dsaxena> linusw: great! wasn't sure I included you on original invite
<dsaxena> ok, #2 on agenda. action item reviews. These are all for mounir and myself
<dsaxena> DT discussion is scheduled for this wed on phone.
<dsaxena> I'll be scheduling a call with arnd, venkat, tixy, and perfor to go over the storage tasks for 11.11
<dsaxena> My other AI is to go through and triage bugs which I didn't get around to last week. I'll do so this week and send out email to folks asking them to follow up on bugs.
<dsaxena> mounir: anything to add here?
<mounir> dsaxena, I wanted to mention that I am still not receiving weekly activity reports from all the team
<dsaxena> mounir: +1
<dsaxena> We need those to provide updates to rest of Linaro and to TSC on what we're doing
<dsaxena> Would it help if I create a calendar reminder for the whole team? or is that just one too many notifications?
<arnd> dsaxena: I think it would help me at least
<arnd> I'm always bad at remembering stuff like this
<dsaxena> arnd: me too :)
* dsaxena proposes that trying that for 1-2 weeks and seeing how it goes
<dsaxena> [ACTION] Deepak to create reminder event for team to submit activity reports
<mounir> dsaxena, in your reminder add the link  for the  activity report syntax, I will send you the link 
<dsaxena> mounir: ok
<dsaxena> This brings up another logistical topic. I've scheduled twice/month 1:1s with several of you. If not, please email me a time that works for you or I'll just schedule my morning/your [evening|afternoon]
<dsaxena> #3 on agenda is bugs. Since I did not get through the triage/review for this week, I think we can skip that and move onto #4 Blue Prints/Around the Table
<dsaxena> Thanks to all for filling the WIs for our 11.11 BPs.
<dsaxena> Now... we need to assing the WIs to milestones
<dsaxena> I'll send out an email with directions on doing so today, but basically each BP owner just needs to go through and move WIs to specific monthly deliverables
<dsaxena> since this is our first time doing this, these are not set in stone and we'll be able to move them around as needed
<dsaxena> it'd be good to close out on that by end of this week so that status.linaro.org gets update
* CosmicPenguin (~nobody@soa.codeaurora.org) has joined #linaro-kernel
<dsaxena> 2nd blueprint item is to make sure to update items as INPROGRESS or DONE as you finish them off, as this shows up as progress on s.l.o
<dsaxena> if you have a really large high-level WI, you can add smaller WIs as you go and mark them as DONE
<arnd> I'm not yet sure how that will work for me when most of the work is related to upstream maintainance and not really planned in advance on that level
<mounir> dsaxena, we have an action to think this item out - maybe we can create a place holder WI saying "on going upstream work" under each monthly milestone
<arnd> I could possibly add work items like 'pull TI patches for 3.0', 'pull nvidia patches for 3.1' etc
<mounir> arnd: that is even better more detailed WI's 
<dsaxena> arnd: I think that'd work for now. Also, if you do something like review a bunch of drivers for commonality, just create a WI for that
<arnd> dsaxena: you mean create the work item as inprogress when I start a review, and later mark it as done?
<npitre> for maintenance roles, we'll know the actual WI only after it is done
<dsaxena> arnd: correct
<dsaxena> arnd: or if it is a simple 1-day thing, just create the WI when done and mark it DONE.
<arnd> ok
<npitre> I sense there is duplication here though
<npitre> first we note those things in the weekly activity report
<npitre> and then in the BP
<dsaxena> npitre: agree
<mounir> dsaxena, npitre, arnd, can we think this through - Dynamically adding WI may defeat the idea of planning, burndown charts, etc... 
<arnd> npitre: plus the monthly IBM activity report, plus the other monthly IBM activity report that I do
* shawnguo (c058a823@gateway/web/freenode/ip.192.88.168.35) has joined #linaro-kernel
* dsaxena does not think that that the WI approach works for the 100% upstream focused maintance work
<npitre> mounir: maintenance activities just can't be planned, they just happen
<shawnguo> sorry guys, I'm late
<dsaxena> mounir: agreed, though I think we've been doing that already with kernel items
* dsaxena will discuss this with management too
<mounir> npitre, but you can say, I  need to set aside a week worth of work for upstream activity ( the activity can varies)
<npitre> mounir: I never know how much time might be required though
<arnd> I would certainly prefer avoiding to update WI lists just to satisfy the system, especially when it doesn't help the system either
<mounir> npitre:  agreed, but  on average we can estimate how much each month we spend on upstream activities, That is why we need to think it trhough
<linusw> dsaxena: AFAIK ongoing work is called "focus factor", measured across the team and then deducted from the burn-down
<dsaxena> linusw: i don't know that we have a way to track that
<dsaxena> linusw: I mean in our tools
<linusw> dsaxena: it is part of SCRUM ... so I guess someone made an assumption that everyone is 100% focused and that assumption proves false.
<dsaxena> linusw: right. Specially when you're doing maintanance and you don't know what you might be working on the next week
<dsaxena> working on/looking at
* linusw is now done with commenting on pointy-haired stuff for the next 6 months :-)
<npitre> often, maintenance tasks just result of mailing list discussions, or similar external events
<npitre> so this is really hard to fit into a burndown chart or similar managerial tools
<dsaxena> I'll take an ACTION to discuss the topic  of the tool/methodology with Kiko, mounir, paulmck, will come back to team next week with result of that
<npitre> and I agree with arnd that there is no point trying to plug WIs into the system if in the end they're pretty meaningless
<dsaxena> npitre: +1
<dsaxena> ok, moving on. Last topic on my plate is the august sprint. Again, please talk to your internal management about travelling, emai me if you have issues
<dsaxena> the sprint format is currently half day meeting/planning like we had at LDS with the other half being focused on time to do code development
* npitre hopes that the Canada Post strike won't prevent his renewed passport from being delivered on time
<dsaxena> we need to figure out what we want to discuss in that planning/meeting time. My proposal is to continue the discussion on consolidation, talk about DT  next steps, and start brainstorming on 12.05 cycle ideas
<arnd> dsaxena: consolidation := cross-subarchitecture consolidation?
<dsaxena> arnd: correct
<npitre> dsaxena: your idea of focussing some team effort to tackle some of the single kernel binary issues was good
<arnd> agreed
<gcl> npitre: at least it's not a full general strike (at least not yet)
<dsaxena> i still would like to see us focus on that. probably split up into folks doing DT work with gcl and then other tasks.
<npitre> gcl: then we'll have Air Canada strike
<gcl> dsaxena: I don't think we'll need to do a lot of talking about DT next steps, but I do think we should take advantage of the hacking time
<gcl> npitre: hahaha  indeed
<dsaxena> npitre: I'll coordinate with you on making sure we have a list of items for people to hack on related to single zImage for the week we're there
<dsaxena> gcl: ok.
<dsaxena> ok, that's it from my end. I was hopeing for more time for go-arounds (/me needs to type faster)
<arnd> IMHO it would be good to have a set of boards we want to have running the same kernel at the end of the sprint, e.g. one from each Linaro member
<dsaxena> arnd: +1
<gcl> bones10: btw, are you able to pick up working on the atags->dt translation patch?
<arnd> I think we can get there, although the patches might not all be in a mergeable state
<bones10> gcl: what needs to be done for that?
<gcl> bones10: pull out the old patch, apply it onto the current devicetree/test, and get it working again.  :-)
<bones10> gcl: I can do that
<npitre> bones10: please don't hesitate to ask me if you need help
<dsaxena> arnd: non-mergeable patches is better than no patches (most of the time)
<bones10> npitre: thanks for the offer.
<arnd> btw, I'm able to build 99% of randconfig on all our member's current platforms now http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/arnd/playground.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/arm-randconfig
<arnd> that should be handy for testing the cross-platform consolidation
<npitre> dsaxena: with my linaro maintainer hat on, I don't sure I agree, but we can discuss this at a later moment ;-)
<bones10> npitre: I may take you up on it if I get stuck
<dsaxena> npitre: :)
<dsaxena> ok, any pressing questions/issues from anyone before I have to run off to another meeting?
<dsaxena> arnd: cool. we'll have to get that into the continous integration test framework
<arnd> I should mention that I'm planning to go to the kernel summit in Prague this year, which unfortunately conflicts with UDS in Orlando
<gcl> ditto for me
<dsaxena> we'll miss you, but K-summit is obviously priority :)
<dsaxena> is that co-located with ELC-Europe?
<arnd> yes, and LinuxCon Europe
<gcl> yes
<dsaxena> hmm, bad planning on our end :/
<gcl> no, just bad communication
<arnd> it's also just a 5-hour train ride from here, which will make the accounting people happy in my case ;-)
<gcl> From what I understand, Orlando was booked well over a year ago so the date was fixed
<arnd> so was Prague, Angela was about to fix the contract when I talked to her at the last KS
<arnd> ah well, that was later then, I guess
<gcl> but when Angela at the LF was selecting a date for ksummit/linuxcon/elce, the person she talked to at Canonical didn't know about the fixed UDS date, and thought the date was clear
<arnd> ah
<dsaxena> ok, so hopefully lesson learned for next time we schedule :)
<dsaxena> ok, thanks all for joining the meeting

Evening meeting IRC log

<dsaxena> https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/Kernel/Meetings/2011-06-13
<dsaxena> will wait a few minutes to let people roll in
* dsaxena wonders who can op me so I can set the topic...
* mounir signing in
* robher (~robher@65-36-74-215.dyn.grandenetworks.net) has joined #linaro-kernel
* npitre always wondered why the kwg doesn't use the linaro-meeting with the nice bots
<npitre> kwg meeting that is
<dsaxena> npitre: not sure...will check with paul
<dsaxena> the linarobot would be nice to use...
<mounir> I think fabo is now maintating the bot for the linaro-meeting, we can ask him whether we can use the same here
<dsaxena> mounir: sounds like an action for you? ;)
<mounir> dsaxena, np
<dsaxena> ok, 8:05 pm here, so let's start. I think only folks who were not at morning meeting are jstultz_vm and shawnguo unless someone else speaks up
<dsaxena> https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/Kernel/Meetings/2011-06-13
<dsaxena> 1. Announcements
<dsaxena> - Linaro monthly releases will be on 4th thursday of each month. npitre will be freezing his tree on 3rd thursday.
<dsaxena> So get your patches to him before that please. :)
<dsaxena> - linusw is joining the KWG, will be working on ST-E cleanup stuff, pinmux, and also clk framework
<jstultz_vm> dsaxena:  cool! that will help with the android merging timeline
<dsaxena> jstultz_vm: that was what drove the whole thing in some ways. we need a way to provide something stable to the platform team for LEB builds
<jstultz_vm> dsaxena:  yep.
<dsaxena> also had some good discussions with Zach, Kiko, Vicki, Mounir, Paul L. about Android, refocusing LTs to be upstream, and testing
<jstultz_vm> dsaxena:  cool. will have to hear more.
<dsaxena> will send off notes tomorrow
<dsaxena> OK, #2 in agenda is Pending Action Items
<dsaxena> These are all for myself an Mounir, so I think we can skip, we discussed them quickly in morning meeting, see IRC log if interested
<jstultz_vm> dsaxena:  regarding the bug links in the meeting list.. there's some inconsistencies it seems..
<jstultz_vm> dsaxena:  the generic linux-linaro list doesn't have the same items as linaro-kernel..
<jstultz_vm> dsaxena:  is there a clear distinction there between the two?
* dsaxena unsure.
<dsaxena> mounir: do you know historical reason for two?
<dsaxena> is linux-linaro more for packaging?
<mounir> jstultz_vm,  linaro-kernel is a parent project to linux-linaro and u-boot-linaro
<jstultz_vm> dsaxena:  for example, there's the "Problem with SMP IRQ affinity" bug, that is against linux-linaro, but it doesn't show up in the plain linux-linaro list
<jstultz_vm> dsaxena:  anyway, its just a nit, but it does make it harder to get my head around all the issues (without switching between multiple tabs)
<dsaxena> hmm, that is a bit odd. and the "asoc: interface..." appears in the linaro-linux but not in linaro-kernel
<dsaxena> ok, i'll work with mounir on sorting out the queries
<jstultz_vm> dsaxena:  mounir: thanks.
<dsaxena> i also didn't have a chance to go through a triage before this meeting, so unless there's one you know we should talk about, there's not much to talk about around bugs today
<jstultz_vm> dsaxena:  well, the only bug issue i have is omap4 hdmi support having been dropped from nico's tree with the rebase.
<jstultz_vm> dsaxena:  i know folks have to re-submit out of tree changes, but not sure how long to wait before filing a bug.
* dsaxena looks for npitre
* npitre looks the other way
<dsaxena> npitre: :) have you heard anything from agreen in regards to this?
<dsaxena> or is this something that is very out-of-tree right now?
<npitre> I think he rebased his tree on top of linaro-2.6.39 but no idea if everything is working
<dsaxena> did you get a merge request?
<npitre> no
<dsaxena> do you ever get merge requests from LTs?? :/
<jstultz_vm> npitre:  ok, i'll sync with him as well.. i just try to get the android bits tested before releasing my android+linaro merged tree, and this functionality loss makes me hesitant to push a 2.6.39 based tree out
<jstultz_vm> npitre:  but maybe that will just motivate folks to get the support into your tree
<npitre> someone should get in touch with scottb to make sure LTs are working on rebasing their trees
<dsaxena> jstultz_vm:  part of what we discussed last week is that it will become the LT's responsibility to get their bits on top of your android tree, but that's not a done deal
<dsaxena> npitre: I have a meeting with scottb tomorrow
<jstultz_vm> dsaxena:  right, and that makes sense for things like the binary support crud..  but hopefully the LT folks will also push upstreamable bits towards nico
<dsaxena> jstultz_vm: agree
<dsaxena> perhaps we can do some training around git-rebase and other process for LTs @ August sprint?
<jstultz_vm> dsaxena:  cool.
<dsaxena> jstultz_vm, npitre I'll follow up with you two after I talk to scottb
<jstultz_vm> dsaxena:  i'll go ahead and push out what i have w/ broken omap4 hdmi and that will hopefully put more pressure on the LT folks
<dsaxena> cool
<npitre> I just sent an email to agreen
<jstultz_vm> dsaxena:  so blueprints... how do i get the android blueprints to show up on the status page?
<jstultz_vm> http://status.linaro.org/11.11/linaro-kernel-wg.html
<dsaxena> jstultz_vm: there needs to be a dependency between the TR blueprint and the engr blueprint
<dsaxena> I can take care of that part
<dsaxena> and I think I need to check with Joey to make sure the TR BP is getting pulled in
<jstultz_vm> dsaxena:  ok.. i just went through this w/ mounir on the kconfig one too.. should have realized it would be the same thing
<dsaxena> jstultz_vm: :)
<dsaxena> only other thing with BPs is to make sure to mark stuff INPROGRESS and DONE as we move forward
<dsaxena> ideal is one WI per week, but I don't think that makes sense for some of the work we're doing
<jstultz_vm> dsaxena:  ok.. i'll try to refine some more items down..
<jstultz_vm> dsaxena:  otherwise i'll just start adding work-items as i do them.
<dsaxena> jstultz_vm: that's what we've done in the past, there's some concern that it makes the s.l.o status somewhat not useful :(
* dsaxena has action to take this up a mgmt level
<jstultz_vm> s.l.o?
<jstultz_vm> oh! the burndown status.. right.
* thomas-ab (ca5030af@gateway/web/freenode/ip.202.80.48.175) has joined #linaro-kernel
<dsaxena> jstultz_vm: so hold off on adding WIs as we go until I sort it all out
<dsaxena> if you have stuff you can breakdown right now, go ahead anddo so
<jstultz_vm> dsaxena:  ok.
<dsaxena> ok, only other thing on agenda is sprint
<dsaxena> basically goal is to be mostly hacking sessions with some planning sessions if needed
<jstultz_vm> dsaxena:  ok, don't think i'm on the list for travel there, just fyi..
<dsaxena> jstultz_vm: i know. will bring that up with my mgmt too as there are a few people who're not going that would be nice to have there
<dsaxena> jstultz_vm: maybe we need to have an android planning session? :)
<jstultz_vm> dsaxena:  part of the my argument was I think I need to  prioritize the LDS planning meetings over the sprints.. since missing those feels like a bigger impact.
<dsaxena> jstultz_vm: makes sense. That was shawnguo's thought too.
<jstultz_vm> dsaxena:  but yea, that means i'll be missing both face-to-face opportunities for this cycle which isn't great either.
<jstultz_vm> dsaxena:  hopefully some of the weekly android meetings will help smooth that over.
<dsaxena> jstultz_vm: do you have a definite no from IBM management?
<mounir> dsaxena, for this Sprint it is very tough to change who will travel  
<jstultz_vm> dsaxena:  i don't know if it would be impossible to change, but would need a very strong argument.
<dsaxena> jstultz_vm: ok, good to know
<dsaxena> I'll sync up with Zach to see what plans are around Android at the sprint
<dsaxena> ok, nothing else from my end
<jstultz_vm> alrighty... anything else?
<jstultz_vm> cool
<jstultz_vm> mounir:  anything you need from me?
<mounir> jstultz_vm, no thx - how about you - anything you need, are you ok with your bp's etc...?
<jstultz_vm> shawnguo: you've been quiet, hope i didn't talk too much :)
<dsaxena> thomas-ab: hi, anything from your end too?
<jstultz_vm> mounir:  i think i'm ok..  the blueprint granularity will probably be an issue, and i suspect some items i have as one month chunks might take longer.. but we'll see.
<mounir> shawnguo,  you were present on the morning meeting as well, right?
<shawnguo> jstultz_vm: hey John
<shawnguo> jstultz_vm: , I was actually on the morning meeting
<jstultz_vm> shawnguo:  ah! ok :)
<thomas-ab> dsaxena: I am continuing the power measurement with memory regions. I am told that there is another tool with which it is possible to measure average power consumed.
<shawnguo> but with some delay, so dsaxena probably did not notice
<thomas-ab> dsaxena: So I will check with that tool today.
<shawnguo> as I did not talk too much on the meeting either :)
<dsaxena> shawnguo: ah, no. that means you've had a looong day, no? :/
<thomas-ab> dsaxena: Sorry for not being on time. I had logged, but was not receiving any messages. So logged out and logged in back and found meeting was in progress.
<shawnguo> dsaxena: when I said morning it's you people's morning, but it's my evening, so I had a sleep :)
<shawnguo> mounir: yes, you noticed :)
<mounir> shawnguo, yep :)
<dsaxena> thomas-ab: great! that power measurement work is really useful, please make sure to mark any WIs as INPROGRESS or DONE as we move forward
<dsaxena> shawnguo: oh right, time difference
* dsaxena cleary has not had enough sleep
<thomas-ab> Sure. I will do that.
<dsaxena> mounir: anything else for tonight?
<mounir> no - good night - good day everyone
<dsaxena> ok, good morning/afternoon/night all
<shawnguo> see you, guys
<jstultz_vm> night!

WorkingGroups/KernelArchived/Meetings/2011-06-13 (last modified 2013-01-14 19:34:16)