- Period: (2011-08-19 to 2011-08-25)
PM: Mounir Bsaibes <email@example.com>
Past reports : https://wiki.linaro.org/<EngineeringUnits>/<Unit>/Status
Burndown information : http://status.linaro.org/11.11/linaro-kernel-wg.html
Key Points for wider discussion
- The imx mach/gpio.h cleanup patch set was picked by Sascha.
- The v6/v7 single kernel patches are now accepted by Russell; these should allow linaro filesystems to work on omap2plus_defconfig kernels
- Russell also accepted the alignment fixup mode patches, so we can now disable silent alignment fixups out of boot if we want, those ought to land upstream in v3.2, I guess
Shawn Started adding DT support for i.mx6q board as well as trying to get the initial support for this new SoC upstreamed. Currently a v3.1-rc2 based device tree kernel running into console with nfs root on this board. But still more coding before ShawnGuo can post the patches, especially on clock support.
- Dave vexpress device tree: got a booting kernel (with some hacks) platform devices are now populated from the device tree, but IRQ assignments are all messed up
- Initial device tree support for Samsung's Origen board and UART, I2C and HSMMC drivers are ready.
- MX53 NAND driver support, done, patches send out to mtd ML, driver patch accepted by Artem to l2-mtd-2.6.git
- The USB mass storage patch about having variable number of pipeline buffers is queued for 3.2.
- Fault injection for MMC is queued for 3.2
- Nico merged a bunch of patches for the 11.08 linaro kernel release
ARM Soc Maintenance
- One major patch set worth mentioning is the Qualcomm Hexagon architecture that was submitted last week. They share most devices with arm/mach-msm so there will be some synergy with the device tree work I hope, Arnd id a long review of that, and hink it will get into 3.2, along with TI's C64x architecture
- Bug fixes for 3.1 and features for 3.2 are trickling in, so Arnd should be merging those into arm-soc this week, and forward the bug fixes.
- Nico rebased his earlier patch series for the single zImage to the latest upstream kernel, submitted one of them to RMK
- Nixo has his series for appending DTB to zImage, need to refine and push upstream eventually, also the removal of vmalloc.h
- Effort merging Android patches (specifically timer related) was noted during the Linux Con chat between Linus and Greg.
- Merged 11.08 Linaro kernel into Linaro+Android tree
Tested, tagged, and released linux-linaro-3.0-2011.08-0-android-0 & linux-linaro-3.0-2011.08-0-android-1 kernels.
- Tixy have kprobes test code ready
Risks / Issues
- Still need to sort out internal gerrit process for linaro+android kernel (John still can't push to gerrit without requiring each change to be reviewed by two people, which won't work).
WorkingGroups/KernelArchived/Status/2011-08-25 (last modified 2013-01-14 19:33:58)