• 11.03 is tomorrow

  • Action items from last meeting.
  • TSC meeting update.
  • Team PPA (armel enabled)?
  • Blueprint status.





    GL Proxy










    Cairo GLES




  • AOB

Action Items

  • Everyone to update milestone items appropriately.

Action Items from Previous Meeting

  • Everyone to update milestone items appropriately.
    • In progress


  • TSC meeting
    • Our suggested topics are mostly in line with what the TSC wants.
    • Suggestion to merge Multimedia and Graphics groups
      • Seems risky: although there is overlap in some topics (eg memory management), most topics are unrelated.
    • Thoughts of having a mini-sprint at Linaro@UDS for memory management.
    • OpenCL or Cuda for multimedia may be hampered by limited availability of OpenCL.
  • Team PPA
    • Useful for packages that cannot land in universe.
    • It can hold official releases of our projects.
    • It can hold linaro-graphics-wg metapackage and linaro-graphics-wg-abrek-tests test definitions package.
    • Should be armel enabled, though this can be a problem due to limited resources (this is being worked on).

Team Work - Summary

Current Weekly Report

Complete History

Team Work - Detailed

Alexandros Frantzis (alf)

  • Cairo GLES2
  • Benchmarks
    • Finished creating and packaging traces for cairo and qt
      • Native packaging branches: lp:~linaro-graphics-wg/+junk/cairo-traces-linaro, lp:~linaro-graphics-wg/+junk/qt-traces-linaro (perhaps I should rename them to match the package names).
      • Packages in ppa:afrantzis/benchmarks (linaro-graphics-traces-cairo, linaro-graphics-traces-qt)
      • Official cairo-traces have been licensed under MIT/X11-ish license, so I were able to reuse some of the traces.
    • We need to have an official PPA so we can put packages that haven't made it to ubuntu archive yet (or will never get there)
      • Needed so that seeds can include those packages
      • It needs to be armel enabled.
      • Put them in linaro-overlay?
    • EGL_KHR_image_pixmap issues on imx51

Jammy Zhou (jazh)

  • Kwin
    • Hard to debug the random hang on imx51_bbg. It seems caused by messy build of KDE with old toolchain. Now working on the fresh build with latest Linaro toolchain.
  • Skia
    • Go through the latest GPU backend of Skia
    • Desktop GL/GLES1.1/GLES2.0 can be supported in Skia, and the GL binding can be done at runtime (cool!).
    • Maybe we can work on the GPU backend of Skia in next cycle
  • EfikaMX

Chunsang Jeong (chunsang)

Shariq Hasnain (shariqHa)

  • Adding ES and EGL support to GLEW:
    • Added new file for EGL header similar to glx.
    • Glew source code now include the ES and EGL functions and variables definition and initializations.
    • handled the special case in EGL and ES extensions.
    • Attended meeting with David and Kiko related with Linaro WG activities.

Travis Watkins (Amaranth)

  • compiz OpenGL plugin ported to EGL/GLES
    • compiles but doesn't run on desktop due to

      • will try on panda Weds if I cannot get it going on desktop
    • still needs brightness/saturation/opacity in shader, will be done Weds (easy fix once it's running)
    • verified changes don't break desktop build, except for the brightness/saturation/opacity issue
    • will push to git:// once I verify it runs, will also post to linaro-dev
    • code for initialization is a bit messy right now but need to discuss with upstream the "right" way to do it

WorkingGroups/Middleware/Graphics/Notes/2011-03-23 (last modified 2011-03-28 11:14:49)