Attendees

Agenda

  • Action items from last meeting.
  • Blueprint status.
  • 11.12 blockers/issues
  • AOB:
    • Connect 1Q.12: please start getting ready for Connect. Details will appear gradually on Connect 1Q.12 portal. What is needed from assignees to get ready - eg invitation letter or anything else for VISA?

    • Jesse's blog entry
    • Release management how to for component releases

    Blueprint

    Assignee

Action Items

  • [CARRIEDOVER] Travis to create the unity/compiz blueprints for 11.12
  • [CARRIEDOVER] Jesse to clear any leftover engr-* blueprints for UMM
  • [ACTION]: Alexandros to verify what Blueprints does the Validation team have to track the enablers needed from their side so that the dashboard can work
  • [ACTION]: Jesse to verify who can see the dashboard, when it goes live on the staging server
  • [ACTION]: Ilias and Jesse to coordinate getting a summary of the UMM achievements in 11.12 - to send to linaro-dev, linaro-mm-sig lists on the 11.12 release or close to that

Action Items from Previous Meeting

  • [ACTION] Travis to create the unity/compiz blueprints for 11.12
    • IN PROGRESS: Reference to Travis' email to the DX team for the current status, and what the remaining issues are, and how to best proceed from there, no answers from DX
    • Will attempt to have a meeting with DX side today (07Dec)
  • [ACTION] Jesse to clear any leftover engr-* blueprints for UMM
    • IN PROGRESS: a few work items left on the DMA mapping bucket blueprint, will clear those together with Chunsang.

Minutes

  • Status of Action items
  • Backlog clearing
  • 11.12 blockers / issues:
    • Unity: worst case scenario will re-release what we have. Depends on the input from DX.
    • API trace: is there any difference from the current upstream that we need to worry about? Alexandros has some patches pending to send to the mailing list, the situation seems that EGL/GLES may need some more structural changes in the code and the maintainer seems to be considering the options. The patches themselves work on desktop but seem to have some issues to solve on panda. Possibly there will be no release in 11.12 but will wait to get the code accepted upstream, and use it from there
    • Validation team + staging server for the dashboard. It is going well at the moment but there is some uncertainty on what will be possible to enable in December (eg a prototype would be desired to run on the staging server, but it is not certain it will happen)
    • Should work out the details for any prototype of the dashboard: who will be able to see, what functionality will it cover, what are the requirements for the data sharing
      • [ACTION]: Alexandros to verify what Blueprints does the Validation team have to track the enablers needed from their side so that the dashboard can work
      • [ACTION]: Jesse to verify who can see the dashboard, when it goes live on the staging server
  • AOB:
    • Connect 1Q.12: please start getting ready for Connect. Details will appear gradually on Connect 1Q.12 portal. What is needed from assignees to get ready - eg invitation letter or anything else for VISA?
      • Connect site: http://connect.linaro.org/events/event/lcq1-12/ is on now and allows the registration process to be carried out - so go get registered!

      • Ilias has created a Rypple goal for the TLs related to getting the preparations going for LCQ1.12 (https://rypple.com/feedback/#home/goal/449786)

      • Jesse has already started planning the actions / guests for the Graphics Vendors summit
      • Sumit and Rob are looking at the possibility to present something at ELC
      • Invites should be getting out sooner rather than later
    • Jesse's blog entry: http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog/2011/11/30/a-case-for-open-source-gpu-drivers/. Received over than 7500 hits since its posting date

      • Should we publish something similar for memory management? We should have some more work achieved before we make more "noise" about the achievements. [ACTION] Ilias and Jesse to coordinate getting a summary of the UMM achievements in 11.12 - to send to linaro-dev, linaro-mm-sig lists on the 11.12 release or close to that
    • Release management how to for component releases: https://wiki.linaro.org/Process/ReleaseComponents (file any bug against linaro-documentation if you spot errors or need to update parts of this document)

Team Work - Summary

Current Weekly Report

Complete History

Team Work - Detailed

Alexandros Frantzis (alf)

  • LAVA tests
    • Disabled QT related tests (for now), as installing needed qt packages leads to the removal of accelerated 3D drivers.
    • Resolved race conditions that caused glcompbench start-up failures.
    • Trying to debug issue with glcompbench that never finishes, for some currently unknown reason.
      • Educated guess: It is not receiving damage events from the X11 driver.
      • Conducting experiments to figure out what is wrong, but long lava job image set-up times are not helping at all.
  • LAVA dashboard
    • Prototype for glmark2 is ready.
    • Waiting for validation team to set up staging/devel lava-server instance, so I can publish the extension there for review.
  • apitrace
  • glmark2
    • Trying to debug and resolve a crash on a friend's Galaxy S2 (Mali-400 MP).
  • Misc code reviews for WG projects.

Chunsang Jeong (chunsang)

  • Display GPU perf Events through LAVA
    • Studied and getting familiar to LAVA with documents and script samples.
  • GPU Power Management
    • Investigated runtime power management interface and clock/power gating interface.
    • Analyzing cpufreq in the kernel to get hints for GPU power management.
  • ETC
    • Helping Samsung landing team by building Android on Origen with Mali libs.
      • Sent guide document for Mali implementation
      • Updating user and kernel drivers to resolve error on ICS.

Travis Watkins (Amaranth)

Sumit Semwal (sumits)

  • dmabuf rework
    • received a few review comments on upstream lists (requested Arnd for his time as well; he commented too)
    • incorporating review comments received above
    • reworking my current v4l2 as a dmabuf user patches based on the above

Marc Ordinas i Llopis (marcoil)

  • glproxy: Finishing EGL support.
  • glcompbench: Adapting glproxy branch to use the new EGL support.

Marcus Lorentzon (marlor)

  • I was mostly OoO Wed-Tue

WorkingGroups/Middleware/Graphics/Notes/2011-12-07 (last modified 2011-12-07 14:16:55)