Time/Place

Place: #linaro-meeting on irc.linaro.org or irc.freenode.net

  • Time: Tuesday at 1300 UTC

Agenda

Standing Agenda

[TOPIC] review actions from last meeting 
[TOPIC] review team work 
[TOPIC] Status reports  
[TOPIC] AOB  

Actions

 *  gsachin ,Benjig to finalize on gstomx blueprints updation - Wim busy with gst0.11 release,need inputs from him on what are the possible improvements that Benjig can focus on
 *  Sudip to discuss with Benjamin and clean up Smartt git tree : Done
 *  Kan to check in gstreamer aac encoder plugin code in git : Done
 *  gsachin to contact Amit for help on pulseaudio work : Done

Team Work - Summary

Team Work - Detailed

Benjamin Gaignard (benjiG)

Kan Hu (Kan)

  • Coding and debuging aac wrapper plugin
  • On vacation from Apri 3-5

Kurt Taylor (krtaylor)

  • Worked on and closed defect #715003, problem traced to another bad sd card
  • Planning trip to upcoming embedded linux audio conferences
  • Worked on defect #733334
  • Started collection for Linaro sound hardware devices reference

Mandeep Kumar (mkum)

Rony Nandy (ronynandy)

  • Benchmark ffmpeg vp8 in panda and load of thread on multicores for C310 board.
  • Uploaded the code base to git.linaro.org in my home directory

Sudip Jain (sudipj)

  • Adding mem-usage metrics to the smartt-tool

Vishal Raj (vraj)

  • completed the instrumented player and the bellagio patches

. Meeting Minutes

Meeting opened by gsachin at 13:03

  • <gsachin> [TOPIC] : Actions from past

: Actions from past

  • <gsachin> action : gsachin ,Benjig to finalize on gstomx blueprints updation

    <gsachin> still pending

    <gsachin> action : Sudip to discuss with Benjamin and clean up Smartt git tree

    <sudipj> its done

    <gsachin> this was done

    <gsachin> yes ok

    <gsachin> action : Kan to check in gstreamer aac encoder plugin code in git

    <gsachin> as kan is not here I move on

    <gsachin> action : gsachin to contact Amit for help on pulseaudio work

    <gsachin> so I was finally able to get to Amit today

    <krtaylor> got email today, will start with suggestions

    <krtaylor> yes

    <gsachin> yes

    <gsachin> I think Kurt what we also need to do is get results with bare kernel and audio running

    <krtaylor> agreed, I'll start there, then add audio stack

    <gsachin> we should remove all other things like xserver and usb keyboard/mouse etc

    <gsachin> yes

    <gsachin> thanks alot

    <gsachin> moving on

    <gsachin> [TOPIC] : status update

: status update

  • <gsachin> krtaylor : brief on your side

    <krtaylor> week of wrapping up loose ends

    <gsachin> ok

    <krtaylor> closed 715003

    <krtaylor> worked on 733334

    <krtaylor> identified need to have h/w reference, that is coming along nicely

    <gsachin> ok

    <krtaylor> will get on the kernel config for low power

    <gsachin> whats the status with 733334

    <krtaylor> and document results

    <krtaylor> 733334 is more than just getting the audio to work, it is a config issue, but it need to be fixed with a new file that is shipped with the images

    <gsachin> ok

    <krtaylor> better out of box experience

    <gsachin> ok

    <krtaylor> it will just work

    <krtaylor> thats it for me

    <gsachin> also I see that you are planning to attend some audio conferences

    <krtaylor> yes, if I can get it all worked out

    <gsachin> sorry but I think I needed to do something about proposing your name for those conferences which I completely forget

    <gsachin> so you need any help from my side

    <krtaylor> no worries, it went up through another path

    <gsachin> ok thanks

    <krtaylor> I will be proposing a pulseaudio sprint too

    <gsachin> ok

    <gsachin> can you send me details about the conferences you are going to attend and also what pulseaudio sprnt is about

    <krtaylor> yes, will do

    <gsachin> ok thanks

    <gsachin> moving on

    <gsachin> Rony : any thing to update

    <ronynandy> I have uplaoded the vp8 code base in git.linaro.org

    <ronynandy> and also did some load analysis for orion board

    <gsachin> ffmpeg right ???

    <gsachin> ok

    <ronynandy> libav

    <gsachin> anything from Ronald

    <ronynandy> nope

    <gsachin> ok

    <ronynandy> also waiting for the STE vp8 code base

    <gsachin> did you try catching him on libav-devel

    <ronynandy> i did try last week,

    <ronynandy> will try tonight

    <gsachin> I can get you the STE VP* code base but I need confirmation from Kiko whether we need to take up this task

    <ronynandy> ok

    <gsachin> ok

    <kiko> gsachin, hey there

    <gsachin> ah great

    <gsachin> Kiko : I understand that STE has requested us to upstream their optimisations in libvpx vp8 decoder

    <kiko> gsachin, yeah, but upstream to where?

    <gsachin> upstream to Webm

    <gsachin> is that not possible

    <kiko> it may be, do you have a relationship with anyone there, or is there a mailing list where people post

    <gsachin> we can try that but we need your goahead for trying thiis

    <ronynandy> if we have the code,we can use optimised parts of it...

    <kiko> gsachin, you definitely don't need my goahead to upstream code

    <kiko> why would you think I would block that?

    <kiko> or is there something else involved?

    <gsachin> just needed to get confirmation as this was discussed between you and STE

    <kiko> I didn't actually discuss this with andrea, though he did present at the TSC

    <kiko> but again, why does this need my approval?

    <kiko> if there's code and ST-E is willing to contribute copyright and you can start the process, then start early, don't block

    <gsachin> I just wanted to make sure that Linaro has agreed to STE's request

    <gsachin> ok I will get the code from STE

    <kiko> gsachin, as long as STE is willing to contribute copyright under the linaro terms, that's fine

    <kiko> you can clarify that in email with whoever's contributing copyright and CC: stephen doel, paul mckenney

    <gsachin> ok I will discuss this inside STE

    <gsachin> ok thanks

    <kiko> but it doesn't need my approval unless it's a big new piece of work

    <kiko> which I don't think we know it is until we've at least sent the patches up once

    <gsachin> [ACTION] : gsaching to talk about copyright assignment with STE for libvpx vp8 decoder optimisations and get code from STE

: gsaching to talk about copyright assignment with STE for libvpx vp8 decoder optimisations and get code from STE

  • <gsachin> thanks Kiko

    <gsachin> ok moving on

    <gsachin> Rony : anything else on vp8

    <ronynandy> thats all

    <gsachin> ok

    <gsachin> moving on

    <gsachin> Sudipj : progress update

    <sudipj> yes

    <sudipj> I am adding mem-usage metrics in the smartt tool

    <sudipj> integrating top utility in smartt

    <gsachin> ok

    <sudipj> as perf doesn't give mem data

    <sudipj> just this

    <gsachin> also what we need to do is send mail at linaro-dev about smatt tool and request feedback from other working groups

    <rajeev> sudip: did u talk to asac and agreed the pending tasks on your BP

    <sudipj> no, I will discuss with him

    <rajeev> sachin, let us have an action for sudip for this

    <sudipj> in one or two days I'll give you the feedback

    <rajeev> kk

    <gsachin> [ACTION] : sudipj to discuss with asac on moissing features in smartt

: sudipj to discuss with asac on moissing features in smartt

  • <gsachin> ok moving on

    <gsachin> [TOPIC] : AOB

: AOB

  • <gsachin> [TOPIC] : uds attendance

: uds attendance

  • <gsachin> for STE participants myself and rajeev are following with STE management

    <gsachin> but for Kurt and Rony will you be attending uds

    <gsachin> krtaylor ; Are you still there

    <gsachin> ok I will take action on me to clear this

    <gsachin> [ACTION] : gsachin to discuss uds attendance with Linaro MM WG engineers

: gsachin to discuss uds attendance with Linaro MM WG engineers

  • <gsachin> with that I close the meeting

    <gsachin> #endmeeting


Meeting closed at 13:34

People Present

  • gsachin
  • sudipj
  • krtaylor
  • ronynandy
  • kiko
  • rajeev

Actions Recorded

  • gsaching to talk about copyright assignment with STE for libvpx vp8 decoder optimisations and get code from STE
  • sudipj to discuss with asac on moissing features in smartt
  • gsachin to discuss uds attendance with Linaro MM WG engineers

WorkingGroups/Middleware/Multimedia/Notes/2011-04-05 (last modified 2011-04-09 06:21:19)