- Committed Kazu's VFP testcases patch upstream.
- Merged the latest from upstream GCC 4.6.
- Merged all the outstanding launchpad merge requests against both GCC 4.5 and 4.6.
- Spun the 4.5-2011.03-0 and 4.6-2011.03-0 releases. Passed the tarballs to Michael H for final testing.
- Brought the patch tracker up to date w.r.t. to new merges.
- Posted one of Dan's patches upstream for review.
- Decided to drop Julian's A8 alignment patch completely. I had previously discovered it provided no measurable benefit on A8, and now I've found the same for A9 (Pandaboard). There's no real improvement for any combination of -falign-* options in EEMBC.
- Bernd's "Discourage NEON on A8" patch also doesn't show any value in the benchmark results, but I think I've forward ported it wrong, because it should at least change the binary size, and it doesn't. I need to look into this further.
- I also decided I don't know enough about ARMv7, so I spent some time reading a few chapters from the ARM A.R.M.
- Launchpad #711819 / PR47719: ARM minipool ICE. Followed up on discussion with Bernd and Ramana. Later posted discussion results on gcc-patches, where Richard Earnshaw took it over with a final fix.
- Coremark ARMv7/v6 regressions: mostly pinpointed the exact cases where RTL simplification fails to optimize away ZERO_EXTEND expressions. Still working on how to enhance it.
- Investigated and fixed sqlite3 testsuite failure on ARM (bug 725052)
- Discussing libffi API changes with maintainer; hopefully he's going to send out his comments today.
- Looking at how to upstream the string routine changes
- Need to look at big endian testing
- Testing QEmu pre-release for Peter; looking very nice.
- upgraded my ARM dev environment from Ubuntu to Linaro snapshot (20110303)
- found another kernel bug on the panda (#728565)
- resolved build issues on ARM (when using the linaro snapshot)
- allows the testsuite to work with linkers that do not pull in indirect shared libs
- fix build of the test-static-link test case on ARM
- link libunwind-setjmp.so against libunwind-elf
- posted some first patches on the libunwind ml
- learned about the Exception Handling ABI for the ARM Architecture
- Compiled activity reports
- Attended release meeting and Stakeholder meeting
- Followed up on status tool bug, not picking up bugs as Work Items, not it is fixed.
- Created a script to download and install images automatically the scripts is oneClickImage shared it with James and Jamie
- Followed up and gor approval for IBM travel to Budapest
- preparation and test for next week's qemu-linaro 2011-03 release
- put in a temporary fix for bug 723630 (apt/glibc now try prlimit64
- syscall, so silence qemu warnings about not implementing it)
- investigated qemu warnings about bad 16 bit writes: this is a
- sent vexpress patches upstream, put into qemu-linaro
- more work on performance counter registers: proper cycle counter implementation; now just needs a bit of tidying before upstreaming
ran valgrind's test cases on qemu; added revealed issues to https://blueprints.launchpad.net/qemu-linaro/+spec/merge-correctness-fixes
- sent patch fixing broken VMOV s0,s1,r0,r1 implementation
- sent patch fixing inverted carry bit on ORNS
meetings: toolchain, standup, architecture q&a, pdsw-tools, team brief
- Setting up a new machine that I received for Linaro work.
- Spent some time reviewing upstream patches. Spent some time on the P1 PR47719 upstream to get this fixed .
- Starting to read up on the benchmarking report and recreating the environments.
- Looked through some of the speed tickets to have a look through and spend some time on it.
- Put in a hardware request for a Panda board.
- Testing the patch for SMS to support targets that their doloop part is not decoupled from the rest of the loop's instructions, as SMS currently requires.
- The testing includes bootstrapping on ARM machines for c language configured w and w\o --with-arch=armv7-a options and using"-O2
- fmodulo-sched -fmodulo-sched-allow-regmoves -fno-auto-inc-dec
- funsafe-math-optimizations -mthumb" flags.
* Submitted the fix for the Qt miscompilation upstream. Applied after approval.
* Submitted a patch for the Thumb LDR problem that Dave Martin hit. This was rejected.
* Ended up spending a few days on the "unreasonable amount of memory while compiling qemu" bug due to unfamiilarity with the DWARF 2 code. I realise the original idea was that I'd just file this upstream, but it was one of those cases where I kept finding out more info for the bug report until the problem became obvious.
- I've now submitted two patches for this upstream. The first was trivial and is now in. I was asked to add a bit of extra code to the second, which I hope to do next week.
* Looked at the MIPS bug that was reported against the Linaro toolchain.
- This turned out to be a problem in our extension elimination pass. Submitted a merge request for that.
* Got confirmation from ARM that we should use relocation number 160 for R_ARM_IRELATIVE, and that it was OK to make the changes public
- (thanks!). I've now submitted the binutils patches upstream. I'll do the eglibc ones when I get back.
- Committed fix for the GDB part of #620611 (Unable to backtrace out of vector page 0xffff0000) to mainline and Linaro GDB 7.2.
- Ran into GDB crashes due to memory corruption in tests involving multiple inferiors. Tracked down root cause (using valgrind) to long-standing double free bug in GDB terminal state handling code. Committed fix to mainline and Linaro GDB 7.2.
- While using valgrind (see above), ran into problems:
- ptrace system call is unsupported on ARM
- certain variants of the "SUB from SP" Thumb-2 instruction are not handled by the VEX compiler Fixed both problems locally, and was then able to successfully valgrind GDB on ARM.
- Created Linaro GDB 7.2-2011.03-0 release.
- Worked on glibc patch to add ARM unwind tables to system call stubs; this will help unwinding in the absence of debug info for libc, and in particular fix #684218 (Failures in gdb.base/call-signal-resume.exp)
WorkingGroups/ToolChain/ActivityReports/2011-03-04 (last modified 2011-03-08 20:15:33)