Monday 14th November 2011
This month's meetings
<< < 2011 / 11 > >>
- Review action items from last meeting
- PR51068: trunk fails to bootstrap
- trunk is in stage 3
- Will anyone review them?
- QEMU KVM for this quarter
- Across validation Panda benchmark results
Action Items from this Meeting
- Ulrich sees similar things on SPU
- Seems that there was a rush before stage 1
- Things should improve...
- Is a failure in stage 1, should occur on a cross compiler?
- Ramana will have a look into it
- Run one of the regression hunter scripts?
- Latency is high so many builds is better, but a cross applies here
trunk in stage 3:
- Last time was:
- Do fix bugs towards 4.7
- Send for pre-approval
- Backport early to our 4.6
- Don't want to go 'dark' for three months
- Send for comments/RFC?
- Will anyone respond?
- Didn't get any feedback last time even on the ARM specific parts...
- Some way of making RFCs easier to pick up?
- Any way of making our job easier when stage 1 opens again?
- Nothing to hand
Across validation Panda benchmark results:
- All of the variations is in denbench
- Kernels are a locked down 2.6.35
Probably not the random timing bug of 873453
- Revital has also seen variations when running DENBench
- Ones that are completly CPU bound have very low variance
QEMU KVM for this quarter:
- Could skip TCG, but then it's harder to test outside Fast Model
- Don't need TCG when running in KVM mode
- A15 TRM is now out on infocentre
- ARMARM that integrates the different sub manuals isn't out yet but isn't a blocker
- Want Dave to finish what he's currently working on
- ...so the work can't be on the critical path
- Current state of TCG on ARM?
- Three bugs that Peter knows of
- makecontext(), overlap of code gen buffer and libc heap, and x86 reset before grub
- Might be able to ignore the x86 bug but may bight in the future
- Just implement ucontext.h? Check with mkedwards first
- Kernel support is going up, but there's no QEMU side
- Needs a moderate amount of refactoring
WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings/Archive/2011-11-14 (last modified 2013-08-30 11:47:58)