Monday 26th March 2012

This month's meetings

WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings
<< <  2012 / 1 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
            1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31          

Attendees

  • Andrew Stubbs
  • Matt Gretton-Dann
  • Matthias Klose
  • Michael Hope
  • Peter Maydell
  • Ramana Radhakrishnan
  • Richard Earnshaw
  • Rusty Russell
  • Ulrich Weigand
  • Zhenqiang Chen

Agenda

  • Review action items from last meeting
  • Validation lab move is delayed
  • Daylight savings changes done
  • KVM
    • Blueprints are (half) spawned
    • Rusty away prep
    • Other business
  • No peeling patch
    • Says that you can't do aligned access even if you peel
    • Effect is to turn peeling off, fall back to unaligned
    • Testsuite is nasty
  • multiarch
  • 4.7 status
    • Import/merge working?
    • Keep an eye out for other improvements/regressions

Action Items from this Meeting

  • TBA

Action Items from Previous Meeting

  • None

Minutes

Validation lab move is delayed:

  • No internet connection
  • Resumes later this week

Daylight savings changes done:

  • Please check times
  • ACTION: Shift Andrew

KVM:

  • Rusty away prep
    • Working in different areas
    • OK from a kernel point of view given awayness
    • ACTION: Ask Christoffer, Marc re: kernel side
  • Blueprints are (half) spawned
  • Guest filesystem can be used from Ubuntu UEC

No peeling patch:

  • Says that you can't do aligned access even if you peel
  • Effect is to turn peeling off, fall back to unaligned
  • Testsuite is nasty

4.7 status:

  • Import/merge working?
    • Still doesn't work
    • Jemner was working on it
    • Try to do a merge from lp:gcc/4.7 to lp:gcc-linaro/4.7
    • More an internal fault than unsupported
    • bzr-rewrite to rebase things?
    • Andrew found it quicker to do a bzr log -p
    • ACTION: Andrew to send Michael details and he'll escalate
  • Keep an eye out for other improvements/regressions
    • Matt will let us know

multiarch:

  • MichaelHope/Sandbox/MultiarchNotes

  • Want to get upstream
  • Richard's thoughts
    • Patch was by Matthias
    • GCC patch that adds multiarch path to the search directory
    • Joseph wanted definition of multiarch tuples which Debian has done (see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=664257)

    • Definition of tuple is not agreed on
    • Dynamic loader patch in glibc
    • Ubuntu packages do map multilib to multiarch
    • Biarch is wired the same
  • SuSE/Redhat?
    • Have talked with Jon Masters
    • Has had internal resistance
    • Proposed renaming the dynamic linker
    • Patch to glibc that does inspection to find ABI and libraries
  • Is there a summary document?
  • Reducing the number of builds
  • Who can push?
    • glibc is the most important
    • No configury patches so far
    • GCC driver patch to set the loader
    • Copyright status on the patch?

WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings/Archive/2012-03-26 (last modified 2013-08-30 11:50:21)