Tuesday 21st August 2012
This month's meetings
<< < 2012 / 8 > >>
- Michael Hope
- Ramana Radhakrishnan
- Christophe Lyon
- Zhenqiang Chen
- Matthew Gretton-Dann
- Review action items from last meeting
- Virtual connect sessions followup
- Vectorizer vs non-vectorizer issues.
- PGO , LTO status.
- Symbol ref splitting benchmarking
- Vector extension patches
Review Todo list here . https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/ToolChain/GCCPerfConnectQ212Notes
Action Items from This Meeting
- michaelh to folow-up and ping Mans on getting a hold of his benchmark runs
- michaelh to investigate regression with movw/movt patch by hand
- mgrettondann to run current symbol ref splitting patch over SPEC against FSF trunk
- michaelh to point mgrettondann to existing cards
- michaelh and mgrettondann to start writing card for PGO work
- mgrettondann to pick up Hot/Cold Partitioning patch from ramana, cross-test against SPEC for correctness, and then do a benchmarking run
- ramana to create a Blueprint for min-idion in middle-end and update Todo list with link
- mgrettondann to update todo list with changes in 2012.08 release.
- zchen to work on shrink-wrapping
- clyon to update his vext patch
Action Items from Previous Meeting
- michael to follow-up and ping Mans on getting a hold of his benchmark runs - PENDING.
- Outputs page and benchmark results for cortex-strings published. Not doing anything further for glibc as we have no resource - DONE.
- Vector alignments finished upstream . Uli to take forward backports to FSF release branches (4.7 and 4.6). See minutes for more discussion on this topic - DONE.
- michaelh to investigate regression with movw/movt patch by hand. Matt to investigate if regressions exist with SPEC2k on FSF trunk with this patch - PENDING.
- michaelh to look at swapping the 2 virtual connect sessions - DONE.
- Symbol ref splitting patches
- Zhenqiang has re-run the benchmarks and the regressions he was seeing go away when the alignment of code is forced.
- Michael is still going to have a go and trying to reproduce Zhenqiang's results himself.
- Matt is trying to get cbuild to spawn jobs from tarballs and will run SPEC against FSF trunk with and without the patch.
- Virtual Connect Followup
Matt & Michael to generate cards following the sessions.
- Anything simple/obvious to pick up in the meantime?
- Matt to pick up the Hot/Cold partitioning patch and fix the segfaults Ramana was seeing when running SPEC and then benchmark.
- Hot/cold partitioning should go in 4.8.
- Michael has added a O3-neon-PGO variant to the cbuild script to automate PGO builds.
- Vector extension patch
- Christophe is working through the review comments.
Review of TODO list: https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/ToolChain/GCCPerfConnectQ212Notes
- Zhenqiang is moving onto shrink wrapping next.
- 'min-idion in middle end' needs a blue print - Ramana to produce.
- Peeling needs revisiting and checking after the vector alignment changes.
- Matt to update the TODO list with changes in 2012.08 release.
WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings/Archive/2012-08-21 (last modified 2013-08-30 11:47:55)