Monday 3 December 2012

This month's meetings

WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings
<< <  2012 / 12 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31            

EtherPad

Attendees

  • Måns Rullgard
  • Michael Hope
  • Peter Maydell
  • Ramana Radhakrishnan
  • Richard Earnshaw
  • Zhenqiang Chen
  • Christophe Lyon
  • Matthew Gretton-Dann
  • Yvan Roux
  • Matthias Klose

Agenda

  • Review action items from last meeting
  • Infrastructure Changes
    • Hardware: cbuild.validation.linaro.org
    • Any lost jobs?
    • People
    • Meetings
  • Releases
    • Merge Week
  • ARMv8
    • gdb-linaro
    • boehm-gc
    • AArch32 QEMU for ARMv8
  • Performance
    • Shrinkwrapping benchmarking review
  • AOB

Action Items from this Meeting

  • ACTION: Yvan will do the trunk merge this week
  • ACTION: Yvan to do the GCC release next week
  • ACTION: Christophe to do the GDB release branch merge
  • ACTION: Matt volunteered Zhenqiang as the QEMU manual tester this month
  • ACTION: Matt: want shrinkwrap to go upstream
  • ACTION: Matt - Can blueprint improvements in shrink wrap past that
  • ACTION: Matt to create a blueprint on aarch32 ARMv8 instructions in QEMU
  • ACTION: Matt to decide if aarch32 ARMv8 instructions in QEMU needs a card
  • ACTION: Christophe to send Michael cross build failures to investigate

Action Items from Previous Meeting

  • None

Minutes

Action items:

  • None

Infrastructure changes:

  • Matt is leading
  • http://cbuild.validation.linaro.org takes over old ex.seabright

  • Let Michael know about any fallout
  • hard float builders need to be moved
  • aarch64 validations? 'tons of errors'
  • Christophe got several messages with '38000 failures'
  • ACTION: To send to Michael to investigate
  • Next week is release week, need to do a dry run

Merge week:

  • ACTION: Yvan will do the trunk merge this week
  • ACTION: And the GCC release next week
  • The aarch64 merge is current
  • Don't forget to update the wiki instructions for the new domain
  • Matthias is attempting to get the multiarch merges done against FSF as well
  • Landing later this week?
  • Decision: Run merge now, pick up backports as needed
  • Note that platforms are running a week earlier

People:

  • Brice is joining soon
  • Plus Renato
  • Plus another in February
  • Meetings will move around due to this (on the week of the 15 Dec)
  • Unlikely to have one call for everyone all the time
  • Split into two? A UK morning and UK evening?
  • Standup alternating?
  • Recording might be an option

aarch32 QEMU for ARMv8:

  • Ramana would like as pushing out patches to the compiler
  • Would be nice to test via QEMU
  • LEG cards are focused on 64 bit side
  • Peter: might shake out at the tail end
  • crypto is out of scope
  • Is a blueprint sized bit of work, > 3 weeks

  • Card to see the LEG interaction?
  • ACTION: Matt to create a blueprint on aarch32 ARMv8 instructions in QEMU
  • ACTION: Matt to decide if aarch32 ARMv8 instructions in QEMU needs a card

Linaro GDB:

Bohem GC:

  • Work left?
  • Added load acquire etc support to libatomics
  • Not much work on the collector itself

Do a merge of GDB 7.5.1:

QEMU release:

  • Will do this month as 1.3 is in its RC phase
  • Will need a manual tester
  • ACTION: Matt volunteered Zhenqiang as the QEMU manual tester this month
  • Has a spreadsheet, with particular steps/command lines as comments
  • Zhenqiang can ping Michael with issues

Shrink wrap:

  • Shows no change
  • If you apply manually things get better
  • Bugs against shrink wrap in LP?
  • Has checked all of the bugs
  • Many are silent wrong code
  • Many are x86 and Power, but others have added this
  • Debug info is still an issue with bad epilogue debug info, has patch
  • ACTION: Matt: want shrinkwrap to go upstream
  • ACTION: Matt - Can blueprint improvements in shrink wrap past that
  • If we nominated it now, would it get in?
  • How big is the patch? Add the new instruction patterns, single line in expand prologue
  • If it went in soon there's a chance and back out if any problems

xcortexa15:

  • Michael has added a quick cross build
  • Still takes 3 hours, but faster

WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings/Archive/2012-12-03 (last modified 2013-08-30 11:50:10)