Monday 10th December 2012

This month's meetings

WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings
<< <  2012 / 12 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31            

EtherPad

Attendees

  • Måns Rullgard
  • Michael Hope
  • Ramana Radhakrishnan
  • Zhenqiang Chen
  • Christophe Lyon
  • Matthew Gretton-Dann
  • Yvan Roux
  • Ilias Biris
  • Matthias Klose

Agenda

  • Review action items from last meeting
  • Infrastructure
    • New Meeting times
    • Christmas and New Year Holidays
  • Release Week
    • GDB
    • QEMU
    • GCC
  • EEMBC office
  • ARMv5 4.6 sync merge failures

Action Items from this Meeting

  • ACTION: Yvan to post mail to linaro-toolchain@lists.linaro.org re: 4.6 armv5 sync failures

  • ACTION: Matt review 4.7 AArch64 merge
  • ACTION: Michael to check that the GDB snapshots claiming to be 7.7 are actually 7.6
  • ACTION: everyone update the Linaro Leaves calendar for Christmas
  • ACTION: Matt to look inside ARM re: EEMBC Office gs8 failures
  • ACTION: Matt will send Ilias the KVM person names
  • ACTION: re: left over branches: Michael to send an email and Ramana follow up

Action Items from Previous Meeting

  • ACTION: Yvan will do the trunk merge this week
  • ACTION: Yvan to do the GCC release next week
  • ACTION: Christophe to do the GDB release branch merge
  • DONE: Matt volunteered Zhenqiang as the QEMU manual tester this month
  • INPROGRESS: Matt: want shrinkwrap to go upstream
  • ACTION: Matt - Can blueprint improvements in shrink wrap past that
  • DONE: Matt to create a blueprint on aarch32 ARMv8 instructions in QEMU
  • INPROGRESS: Matt to decide if aarch32 ARMv8 instructions in QEMU needs a card
  • DONE: Christophe to send Michael cross build failures to investigate

Minutes

Past actions:

  • Trunk merge: done on 4.7, has had issues on 4.6, added to agenda
  • Many failures on ARMv5 due to sync_synchronize
  • Is private in libgcc, is referenced by some DSO
  • Has seen similar before on bare metal
  • Code for sync_synchronise was added to emutls.c so suspicious
  • Weekly builds don't include ARMv5 so we can't tell
  • Needs to be taken offline?
  • Suspicious: r193959 "PR libgcc/48076"
  • Suspicious: r194161 "PR bootstrap/55571"
  • ACTION: Yvan to post mail to linaro-toolchain@lists.linaro.org

  • ACTION: Matt review AArch64 merge

GDB merge:

  • Has done via a patch
  • Has run cbuild validation
  • Doesn't calculate the diff
  • Failures and on x86
  • ACTION: michaelh to fix 7.4 instead of 7.5
  • Is it worth doing a release?
  • Yes, as upstream has done 7.5.1
  • ACTION: Michael to check that the snapshots claiming the be 7.7 are actually 7.6

New meeting times:

  • No complaints so far, so will move
  • Will keep locked at UTC so will jiggle during summer
  • New schedule starts next week
  • No meetings for the two weeks after that
  • ACTION: everyone update the Linaro Leaves calendar

Release week is covered.

Adding EEMBC:

  • Working around issues with the build, hard coded bits, iterations, etc
  • Issues with gs8 segfaulting
  • ACTION: Matt to look inside ARM re: gs8
  • Have the others working, bring it in at that

Ilias's updates:

  • Cards for toolchain and this iteration
  • Matt plans to have initial draft of cards mid week
  • Cover this iteration and further on
  • Last TSC meeting is Wednesday afternoon
  • ACTION: Matt will send Ilias the KVM names

Release in January?

  • Yes, as we always do
  • May not line up with the

Left over branches:

  • ACTION: Michael to send an email and Ramana follow up

WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings/Archive/2012-12-10 (last modified 2013-08-30 11:49:02)