Monday 17th December 2012

This month's meetings

WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings
<< <  2012 / 12 >  >>
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31            

EtherPad

Attendees

UTC 0930:

  • Yvan Roux
  • Zhenqiang Chen
  • Michael Hope
  • Matthew Gretton-Dann
  • Ilias Biris
  • Richard Earnshaw

UTC 1600:

  • Brice Dobry
  • Matthew Gretton-Dann
  • Christophe Lyon
  • Richard Earnshaw

Agenda

  • Review action items
  • New Starters
  • Infrastructure
    • Validation lab update
  • Release Reviews
  • Backports
    • A15 NEON pipeline description backport
    • Backporting ARMv8 aarch32 support
    • binutils 2.23.1 everywhere?
    • Cortex-A7 prep work
  • Ulrich's core to NEON extend upstream review
  • Handling random GCC test failures when running under QEMU
  • Vectoriser cost model

Action Items from this Meeting

  • DONE: Yvan to post mail to linaro-toolchain@lists.linaro.org re: 4.6 armv5 sync failures

  • DONE: Matt review 4.7 AArch64 merge
  • DONE: Michael to check that the GDB snapshots claiming to be 7.7 are actually 7.6
  • INPROGRESS: everyone update the Linaro Leaves calendar for Christmas
  • TODO: Matt to look inside ARM re: EEMBC Office gs8 failures
  • DONE: Matt will send Ilias the Compiler person names
  • DONE: re: left over branches: Michael to send an email and Ramana follow up

Action Items from Previous Meeting

Minutes

* New Starters

  • Brice is joining the group today
  • Infrastructure
    • new Panda board ES added in the lab
    • some issues to build gcc on it in the lab
    • ACTION: Michael talking to Dave Pigott
    • Heat an issue?
  • Release Reviews
    • ACTION: Yvan to share the release CheckSheet

    • ACTION: Matt to create a shared folder under Google drive
    • ACTION: Michael Review release docs
  • Backports
    • A15 NEON pipeline description backport
      • How to test it ?
      • RTL dump or Qemu...
      • ACTION: Michael to complete backport, test via A9
    • Backporting ARMv8 aarch32 support
      • Problem with files having spaces vs tabs
      • neon docs not up to date
      • Start checking upstream Neon docs are up to date
      • ACTION michael/mgrettondann Add note to merge process.
      • ACTION: michael interesting backports - blueprint or do
    • binutils 2.23.1 everywhere?
      • Matthias have the package
      • ACTION: Michael to test on the autobuilder
    • glibc 2.15 issue: http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=13844

      • ACTION: mgrettondann Ping Matthias
    • Cortex-A7 prep work
      • Wait until the A7 pipeline arrives so we've got things that tie together
  • Ulrich's core to NEON extend upstream review
    • still in backlog
  • Handling random GCC test failures when running under QEMU
    • We get noise in the results especialy around threading / pthreads
    • How to handle?
    • Document?
    • Disable the libstdc++ tests?
    • ACTION: Michael to blueprint options for reducing QEMU based cross test noise

* Richard has followed up on patches

* Vectoriser cost model

  • Disabling peeling advice form upstream is to enable vectoriser cost model
  • Would like to run benchmarks without, then with default, and then benchmark again and tune.
  • Would like to get cost model in to enable future developments.
  • ACTION: Christophe benchmarking as specified in blueprint.

* GDB build scripts look to still be broken

  • ACTION: Christophe to e-mail Michael Hope

WorkingGroups/ToolChain/Meetings/Archive/2012-12-17 (last modified 2013-08-30 11:49:50)