For Linaro Connect Q1.12 set to take place in February 2012, Infrastructure team has worked on developing a basic registration form in the form of a Wordpress plugin.
- Current implementation depends on wp_em_events table (and hard-codes the name); this should be relatively straightforward to implement
- Atm, we hack openid plugin because I haven't spent enough time investigating how to best pass the required fields over to Wordpress OpenID plugin
- We are not using Wordpress shorttags but are instead directly passing the values around
- Crappy repeated code
- No tests
- Install generic Wordpress OpenID plugin (and activate it)
- Configure it:
- Set General/Settings "Anyone can register" and "New accounts can only be created with verified OpenIDs"
Patch wp-content/plugins/openid/consumer.php with https://pastebin.linaro.org/346/ to make email, user name and full name required attributes and to ask Launchpad to always pass them around
Install Linaro Connect-themed lp:wordpress-launchpad-integration from branch lp:~linaro-infrastructure/wordpress-launchpad-integration/login-page-theme (and activate it: it's named "OpenID launchpad" in Wordpress admin interface)
Install Linaro Connect registration plugin from lp:linaro-wordpress-registration-form and activate it
- Create a page on connect.linaro.org and add "[connect-registration-form]" text somewhere in the page content
To update the "Register now" button link, look at wp-content/themes/linarotheme/sidebar-eventpage.php
internal/archive/Platform/Infrastructure/ConnectRegistrationForm (last modified 2013-08-23 02:07:40)